• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 1...2021222324...38
87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Total posts: 1502
Posted:Sundays, Selly Park, Bout 6ish for weavesmiley and juggle and hug and biggrin
EDITED_BY: 87wt2gxq7 (1176738143)

Delete Topic

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Salut YvAn!

On Sundays we meet at Selly Park. I think it will be quite a big meet this weekend. I don't know what time people are meeting... maybe about 17:00.

On Mondays the University of Birmingham circus society meet at the uni from 17:00 to 19:00. There are good people there, who go and drink cheap beer in the students union afterwards wink

I don't think there are any club swingers at either of these two. However there is a Birmingham juggling group who I've never visited and I think at least one guy there does club swinging. If you go on Mondays to the Birmingham Uni circus club, someone there might be able to tell you more.

Good luck finding a flatmate! I'll keep my eyes open for you...

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: Crazy_Clown

John, at what time are you going and where from? where can I meet you to go with you? do you know to what station we are going?

Sure thing matey! Be at the School of Education on campus, ground floor, at 13:30. We're going to Sheffield station, I think. I'll check to see if there are any closer stations but I don't think so.

Delete

YvAn

journeyman

Total posts: 92
Posted:thank you very much 87wt2gxq7..... biggrin

i'll be in selly parc tomorow

see you sooon ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

please please....my kingdom for a room share ubbangel

poi poi poi poi poi poi poi poi pong.......
smile

Delete

Eccles
GOLD Member since Jul 2005

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:We will meet in the Selly Park on SUNDAY.
Hopefully, people who will go to Poi in the Park will still have a drop of energy left for Sunday Spin.

have fun~

AH! YvAn, Try to contact this landlord
Ian:07890627022
He and all his lovely houses are in Bournville (which is quite near Birmingham University)
roughly a bit expensive 350 per month but including EVERYTHING
Hope this may help

Delete

YvAn

journeyman

Posted:MANY THANKS Eccles to give me some information smile ubbangel

see u on sunday....

I'm impatient to meet UK's spinners weavesmiley biggrin

bye ubbrollsmile

YvAn who desperate for looking an accomodation ubbloco

smile

Delete

daisylou
BRONZE Member since May 2005

daisylou

la di da di da

Total posts: 147
Posted:aw you guys, youd better be missing me as much as i miss being up there spinning with you smile are any of you coming to BOB? ive got the weekend booked off work. working on getting the friday after the vale off too so can come up spin there with you all.

aw...*hugs everybody*

just a crazee daisy living in a crazy world

Delete

Eccles

Eccles

enthusiast

Total posts: 251
Posted:hey hey hey Daisy
more people~

Seems like it will rain all day today....

Delete

YvAn

journeyman

Posted:erfff...........bad weither....... frown

I found a house share biggrin

thank you very much Eccles ubbangel ubbangel

bye everybody

smile

Delete

Crazy_Clown
GOLD Member since Mar 2006

Crazy_Clown

Total posts: 102
Posted:Daisy, what is BOB?

|)><(|

Delete

daisylou

daisylou

la di da di da

Posted:BOB - Bristols Other Bristol...its on the events listings on the PM site smile On 25th Nov

Delete

Crazy_Clown

Crazy_Clown

Posted:cool, ill try to get as many people from pm as possible. do you have any more details?

|)><(|

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Daisylou, what's BOB like? What kind of feel and what kind of workshops?

Hope to see you soon! hug

Delete

kitilix
BRONZE Member since Apr 2006

kitilix

Total posts: 33
Posted:Hiya all,

did you make it back over the park in Sheffield once it stopped raining?? We went and got a drink but when we went back no-one was there. Trust it to rain! frown

By the powers of greyskull!!!!!

Delete

Crazy_Clown

Crazy_Clown

Posted:John, have a look here http://www.tlmb.net/bob/
im not too sure if it has good info but it's the official website. I'll probably go, fancy another amazing mission?

|)><(|

Delete

daisylou

daisylou

la di da di da

Posted:yea BoB has always been good in my experience of goin! big hall for playing, games, all the usual...bar is right next to hall. cant smoke in the hall. theres a big foyer outside the hall between the workshop room where ppl play too and beard generally trade. an the show always kicks arse. theres often seems to be some form of party goin on somewhere after too and then sunday lunch in pub next day. its not been on for last couple of years so im so there. me, bighair paul and jason all went down together one year...got there within an hour! crazy crazy mission that day...was all good fun

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: kitilix

Hiya all,

did you make it back over the park in Sheffield once it stopped raining?? We went and got a drink but when we went back no-one was there. Trust it to rain! frown

Hi Claire,

we split off into various groups to go to various pubs. By the time it stopped raining we all went to the hall where we were crashing and pretty much stayed there...
sorry you lost us, I assumed you were in one of the groups being led by a sheffield person!

oh well. you gonna come spinning on a sunday sometime before it gets too cold to leave the house? ubbrollsmile

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted: Written by: Crazy_Clown

John, have a look here http://www.tlmb.net/bob/
im not too sure if it has good info but it's the official website. I'll probably go, fancy another amazing mission?

Gaaaah! That's a Training Course weekend.. will miss most of it even if I mission it to Bristol straight from the TC again frown

Delete

GothFrogette
BRONZE Member since Oct 2004

GothFrogette

grumpy poorly froggy

Total posts: 3999
Posted:just thought i would invite you lots to my party at the weekend. smile its that time of year again folks and of cause we have to have spinny fun biggrin
anyway its at mine party starts around half seven just so those who want a spin can have a firey spin before too much drink etc has been had. biggrin then off to glowey stuff i guess after this time has lapsed ubblol fancy dress of cause is a must. you guys know me any excuse to dress up.

if you need more details just PM me smile

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:This weekend froggy?

Delete

kitilix

kitilix

Posted:Sundays can be quite difficult for me as we have my others halves little girl to stay. Do you ever meet on a Saturday? I'm going to try and come to the Purple Mermaid at Bham uni but it means coming straight from work ubbloco

(got the 3 beat going right now anyway! weavesmiley )

ubbangel Kiti

Delete

Kieron

Total posts: 232
Posted:Froggy's is indeed this weekend. If i'm told when people expect to get to Nuneaton station i'm happy to meet there and guide people to her house (I don't get lost anymore, honestly). It isn't that difficult to find with directions anyway but it's always easier if you just have someone to follow.
EDITED_BY: Kieron (1161695763)

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

Crazy_Clown

Crazy_Clown

Posted:2 big events coming soon :

1.- Friendly fire music requires our precence once more for their Firendly Fire Session in Rooty Frooty on friday 10th of november. Last one was amazing and for this one they will try to get music outside too, so we would be spinning with some doub or reggae in a very friendly atmosphere.

2.- Drop beats not bombs 11th of november, you must have heard of it. It's not in the med bar as usual, this time is in air, and it will be quite big (apparently the med bar wasnt big enough...). They want fire spinners, who will get free entry and backstage for storage of equipment. We need names of performers to be added to the guestlist, but we need them as soon as possible. PM me if you want to go or contact lex if you know him.

Hope you are all ok!

Santi

|)><(|

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Do you ever meet on a Saturday?

Not usually, but exceptions could be made wink

Written by: kitilix

I'm going to try and come to the Purple Mermaid at Bham uni but it means coming straight from work ubbloco

it's what I do every week, yo!

Written by: kitilix

(got the 3 beat going right now anyway! weavesmiley )

Hooray!! biggrin

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Santi, what are the safety arrangements gonna be for DBNB?

Delete

Crazy_Clown

Crazy_Clown

Posted:John, i saw you asking that to lex and not getting an answer...
I just rang him and he said we would be doing it in the car park of air, where the event will happen, and there will be some kind of metal shed or something like that. I'll be taking a fire blanket too. He said he would try to find out some more information and call me tomorrow. I hope this is useful let me know if you need anything else

|)><(|

Delete

YvAn

journeyman

Posted:hi beautiful people biggrin,
it's still me here....last sundays, i haven't found anybody in the park....maybe, that was the wrong park....I don't know... confused.
I'm in Bournville now....thanks to Eccless.... ubbangel ubblove

i work every working days, but i'm finishing at 5....there are anyone who wants spinn in the afternoon........ confused

I have got others questions....where is the park in question....? sorry, but I'm new...and more...I'm french....that's no easy for me.... redface

Nobody spin in the city center? I'm here from last week and i haven't see a spinner...or a juggler in the city center....why are you playing hide-and-seek....it's not funny at all.... ubbloco

I want meet english spinner.... smile,,,,please.....

so.....see ya.....maybe.....

goodbye, and good spinn weavesmiley wink

YvAn alone with his socks in bournville.....

smile

Delete

Jont
BRONZE Member since Feb 2005

Jont

Total posts: 32

I'm going to try and come to the Purple Mermaid at Bham uni but it means coming straight from work ubbloco

Yay! More the merrier! Make sure you come and say hello, ill be the one trying to put a sticker on you.

Jonti

Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

Delete

kitilix

kitilix

Posted:I'll come Monday then biggrin I'll be the short arse blonde looking rather lost! ubbloco
Whats the best way to get there????

ubbangel

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:Kittin,

If you can be in town for about 16:30 I can meet you and show you the way.

If not, then... *cuts* *pastes*....

Easiest to take the train from New Street to University station. Turn left out of the station and walk straight through campus.

Just walk in a straight line until you pass a court with the huuuge clock tower in it on your right. Keep going till you come to the barriers at the entrance to the uni (off Edgebaston Park Road if you want to look it up). The student's guild is the building to your immediate right.

When you go in, turn left and pass the help desk (they might even be able to help you find the Underground, where Purple Mermaid do their thang!). Turn right to follow the corridor round, and walk straight till you reach a staircase on your right. Go down one floor, through the obvious doors, and you're there!

Delete

87wt2gxq7

87wt2gxq7

veteran

Posted:YvAn, the park is here. We usually spin at the bit of the park next to Warwards Lane. It's very close to Bournville.

Sorry no-one was there last Sunday, but it was raining fairly heavily!

I haven't ever seen anyone spinning in the city centre. Apart from me when I'm waiting for something/someone.

If you finish work at 5 you could still come down to the University on Mondays for Purple Mermaid! (see my post above)

Delete

Page: 1...2021222324...38