• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 123...38
87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Total posts: 1502
Posted:Sundays, Selly Park, Bout 6ish for weavesmiley and juggle and hug and biggrin
EDITED_BY: 87wt2gxq7 (1176738143)

Delete Topic

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3638
Posted: ******** USEFUL INFORMATION POST *********

Right then my lovelies. There are currently TWO Birmingham meets each week:

Perple Mermaid Circus Society

Time: 5-7pm

Day: MONDAY

Location: The Underground, The Guild, University of Birmingham.

More information at THIS WEBSITE

All uni and non-uni people welcome, just 3 to join and free every time. Indoor play space with jugglers, spinners, a lovely range of toys and skills and happy people to learn from and teach. Usually followed by a pint upstairs in the Guild bar biggrin

Directions from University Station: (from New Street) Exit station and turn LEFT. Walk towards the big statue thing, and continue walking straight down the hill until you reach a crossroads and cobbled square. Continue STRAIGHT ON through the low square archway outside 'Staff House' and keep going STRAIGHT through the big green space amongst uni buildings. Carry on STRAIGHT through the archway on the other side, and past the Poynting/Physics building (on your left) until you reach a BIG brick building slightly on your left - this is the GUILD. The underground is inside- ask someone at the main desk! smile

Sunday Fire Nights

Time: 4pm onwards

Day: SUNDAY (when dry)

Location: Selly Park, Selly Oak, Birmingham (until further notice) HERE'S A MAP

Directions from Station: If coming in on replacement Bus Service, go OVER the bridge onto platform 2, out of the station and turn RIGHT. You will be on Heely Road. At the TOP of Heely Road is a crossroads. Umberslade Road is straight ahead, and Raddlebarn Road is left and right. Turn LEFT along Raddlebarn and walk along til you see the park on the other side (roughly opposite Dawlish Road)

Trains leave New Street Station regularly from platform 11b (sometimes 8b, 9b and 10b as well) in the direction on Redditch. There is currently work on the line at weekends so you'll have to use the replacement bus that goes from outside new street to get to sunday fun - but it's really very easy and drops you at the station so is NO excuse! hahahahaaaaaa

Some people meet on Thursday's at Aston University. I'll post more info about this one when I get it smile

Come and BURN STUFF, get inspiration, bounce about and have fun with us......

If you need any other information or a contact number please pm me and I'll see what I can do biggrin

EDITED_BY: fluffy napalm fairy (1130860172)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Re Sunday: I'm always up for a spin.

Re Winter: I'm always up for a spin.

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Total posts: 251
Posted:That's ME!!! ubbrollsmile
(And, I am Chinese)

Ros, Selly park on Sundays sounds good (tho it is a bit far from central).

Jonathon, would be really nice to meet you up for a lunchtime spin on Thur(s) near aston Lake. (at least i got something to look forward to , rather than the boring tutorial!)

In fact, I think the weather will be good tomorrow (dry and sunny). Fancy a spin tomorrow afternoon( i mean sunday), anyone?

Eccles

Delete

Kieron

Total posts: 232
Posted:Currently, pre-finding a job my Sundays are free so I can come to anything then...really have to find one at some point. Monday my last lecture ends at 5 so by the time I got the train and found the place there wouldn't be much to do before coming back unless it continued elsewhere after 7.

If I could manage to get to Selly Park I would today if it happens...I could always appear at the station and randomly look for a bus if one goes there?

EDITED_BY: Kieron (1128243928)

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:Ok, i try again.
what if i say 3pm today in St Philips Square (Birmingham Cathedral) which is next to snow hill station.

if no one reply me before 2:30pm, that means it is not hapening.

weather is so gooood today!
Eccles

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:I've got to do a bit of work and a whole pile of applyign for a job. If I make a substantial dent in this by 2.30 then I'll defo be there!

Either way I'll postie here.

Delete

Kieron

Posted:I should be looking for a job...so i'll be there by 3pm. I'll wear my t-shirt that conveniently has my name, Hastings Spin and Fire Retard{ant} on so if u see anyone with that on a black t-shirt yell...

According to the journey planner I have to walk from New Street to Snow Hill but i'm sure I can find my way.

EDITED_BY: Kieron (1128248405)

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:Good, Kieron.

It is just 3-5 mins from new street. you can see a big piece of grass and a big cathedral. At 3pm, you will see me. Chinese guy with black and white strip poi.
so it is happening!!!!

i will pm my mobile to you, just in case.

Eccles

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Hmm. Insubstantial dent made, but I'm still coming biggrin

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Thanks for a lovely spin. Sorry for getting random at the end - my brain is tired and I needed to sleep.

Sundays are good for spinning I reckon, though fire during the week would be good too.

Just post here when you want to spin or text, and we'll sort it out I reckon - (unless someone wants to make an actual plan?!?)

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:Thanks everyone !
very enjoyable spinning afternoon.

Yes, Sundays is nice. (but i have to go to Nottingham, Durham and London convention on these coming weekends). then the following weekend, Froggie may organise a big meet up.

However, i am up for a spin at any time weekday. Just give me a text or something.

At the meantime, i think i will look for a place, which is well/half lighted, high ceiling, safe for fire and hopefully warm. seems like an impossible task!

Eccles

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:yeah, that was a jolly good spin, although I was notably lacking in any kind of skill. I think I might be getting a bit stuck in a rut...

Anyway, Sundays would be good for me too in theory, but in practice i may be a busybusybee.

Just had a thought, I know a few places outdoors that would be great to have a burn in. Maybe we should meet up midweek (for Eccles) for a non-burny spin and asess their relative merits. Hur. I said 'ass'. Hur hur.

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:eek

i missed a spin meet today?!
damn. I stop trolling the forums for like 3 days and i miss everything frown
today was free for me too. oh well, maybe next time then.

As for thursdays, I can make that too since it's just outside my front door (kinda). it's literally a 2-3 minute walk away to the lake.

Still gonna be there tomorrow evening at Birm Uni. Later biggrin

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Can't make it for a decent length of time tommorow but untill I find a job I am free after 5 monday, after 12 tuesday, all of wednesday, after 5 thursday, all of Fri, Sat and Sun for term time. Always up for a spin, although occassionally I might have to study.

Will take me longer to get places though as I'm in Coventry, and shall probably encounter problems finding my way to places in Birmingham.

Also was a fun spin, glad to meet some interesting people.

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:I can't do Thurs (cos of lectures and Salsa) but you and eccles should def. meet up and play. I'm sure there must be lots of Aston spinners too - just a question of finding them ubbrollsmile

Midweek then - erm......... Wed night is prob do-able though not this week. Though let me know how the hunting goes CtrlV n Eccles biggrin

See you later x

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Ok - the list so far is:

Me
Jon
Eccles
Kieron
The Lost Seraph
Sandy n Co.
Lex
Chuff

Who are all very much on it for meeting more. ubbrollsmile
Let's do this biggrin

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:Good idea,thanks Ros!

and Jonathan & Lost Seraph, should see you on thursday by aston lake.

Eccles

Delete

Kieron

Posted:I have a free day today to find out how to get from New Street to Aston Lake. What time tommorow?

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:I'd be well up for this too, and if its regular (especially Sundays) I should be able to come quite often smile

Written by: listed

Fluff
Jon
Eccles
Kieron
The Lost Seraph
Sandy n Co.
Lex
Chuff
Dunc

Let's do this biggrin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Well then.

I'd like to spin on Sundays - which should be fine for most people but not Eccles for the next few eeks. But I'm now coming to Notts (shh!) too so won't be til the end of oct I think. Then it's cold and a matter of finding some space undercover and accessible.

I suggested Selly Park becuase it's easy for me, sandy, lex, rob, chuff. But it's not easy for eccles, Jon, Kieron, Seraph. So could someone think about a place half way ish?

Hmm. Organization. Not my strongest point rolleyes

Delete

inpsydout
Total posts: 57
Posted:I can make thursday lunchtime by the lake, how strange, i thought i was the only one that spun there! what time?? smile

i cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg!

Delete

Kieron

Posted:As long as I know how to get somewhere I don't mind where...of course I have no idea were selly park is but I don't mind messing about getting there as long as someone tells me how.

I'm not good with directions...

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Thursday lunchtime, ie tomorrow (eek! Where did the first half of the week go?): I've got to go on-site for 2, so how about by the lake at 12.30?

Going to Nottingham, fluffy? What happened to the plan? ;o)

Sundays: The only place halfway between Selly Park and my house is Cannon Hill Park and I think we'd get spanked fairly quickly if we span fire there. Selly Park's only one bus ride and a 10-ish minute walk for eccles and thelost_seraph though, and the same plus a train for Kieron. Maybe we could rotate? I've got a good park fairly near my flat and very close to the Rainbow where pre and post-spin drinks could be quaffed...

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:For tomorrow Aston Lake, I think i will have an hour lunch between 12-2pm, i am not sure how long i can spin because i still have my afternoon class. But i am sure Jonathan and The lost seraph can (may) stay longer.

so, just text me or something when around.

Cool, seems we have a bigger group now!
(kieron, to get there: walk up Corporation street like last time, but you have to walk ALL the way till the end, pass a roundabout, pass Tesco express, pass STA travel, get to Aston UNI and here is the lake, about 10-15mins from New street)

Eccles

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:I'm free tomorrow after 11am cos that's all the lectures I have for the day! yay me! tongue

I'm up for whenever but I don't think I can spin for long because I kinda pulled a muscle (or few) playing badminton for the first time in 3 months.

yes, i'm a lazy s*** and you'll soon hear more about it probably biggrin

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Thanks and okay I can find my way there...but not tommorow as I do seem to have lectures till 5. I better start the work for them now as well. However I may be coming to Birmingham every Wednesday night and Sunday afternoon for Krav Maga from some time soon onwards so Sundays are good.

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Written by: Eccles

For tomorrow Aston Lake, I think i will have an hour lunch between 12-2pm, i am not sure how long i can spin because i still have my afternoon class. But i am sure Jonathan and The lost seraph can (may) stay longer.

Well I only take half an hour for lunch, and that's gonna be 12.30-1pm...

Delete

inpsydout
Total posts: 57
Posted:ill be there at 12:30 smile

i cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg!

Delete

robnunchucks
robnunchucks

enthusiast
Total posts: 363
Posted:arighty all count me in for some spinnage i know afew mates who would be up for it to biggrin

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:aha - wondered where you were!
Where have you moved to mister? Pm/text whatever ubbrollsmile