• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Page: 12345...38
87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Total posts: 1502
Posted:Sundays, Selly Park, Bout 6ish for weavesmiley and juggle and hug and biggrin
EDITED_BY: 87wt2gxq7 (1176738143)

Delete Topic

Kieron

Total posts: 232
Posted:Any idea when in December?

"I'm quite good at darts, though i often miss" - Kylie

"I'm not a bad driver, I just panic when theres other cars around" - Sarah

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:So, Sunday then? Selly Park at about 6pm say?

I'm probably not going to be there, but Selly Park at 6 will give those who are going to be there something to work with biggrin

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3638
Posted:shh
EDITED_BY: fluffy napalm fairy (1129403993)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Selly Park at 6pm is fine by me. *Sits around whilst the people who can't make it to the spin actually organise it*

I like this system wink thank you.

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Fluff

Jon

Eccles

Kieron

Matt

The Lost Seraph

Sandy n Co.

Lex

Chuff

Dunc

Ruth

Raynor

Noodles

Talie

Nunchuck Rob

Sissy

Rich (Kuro)

mmmmmmmmmmmmm probably more but I can't remember. I have texted/emailled all of the above to see if they want to come play tomorrow. Have a good one guys smile

EDITED_BY: fluffy napalm fairy (1129369218)

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:One or two things to note.

-Please be aware of safety whilst spinning fire.

-I urge everyone to invest in a fire blanket, or at least to bring a damp towel to smother errant flames.

-Do not spin fire unless you have asked another person to watch you specifically for your entire burn, as quite often you'll not notice that you're on fire until it's too late.

-Try not to wear synthetic clothes. They'll melt onto you and keep burning at the slightest oppertunity. It sucks, but it's worth the extra effort NOT to be in a shell suit wink

-Check all your equipment before you spin. If you are worried that any wicks or joins may be loose - don't use it.

-Keep the fuel away from the people, and away from open flames.

-Do not use anyone elses equipments without asking. Have a play first to adjust to the new toy before lighting it too, as it may respond very differently to what you are used to.

-If you haven't spun fire before, get a more experienced spinner to give you some advice and look out for you in case anything goes wrong or you panic.

-If you have spun fire before, you'll know not to try dangerous/difficult tricks that you are not totally comfortable with as this is when mistakes happen that you'll regret.

This list only just scratches the surface, but should stop a lot of the stupid accidents that happen whilst spinning fire in big groups when people don't pay enough attention. For more info on Fire Safety please look here: http://www.homeofpoi.com/articles/FireSafety.php
br>
Have fun guys ubbrollsmile

Delete

globalruthie

Total posts: 7
Posted:Hey guys,

I'l be there tommorow.

lets get the fire started!!

ruth x

Delete

Miranda (mewcat)
Miranda (mewcat)

queen of all the hipsters
Total posts: 150
Posted:I will be back in Brum permanantly from August, so will be joining you guys for some poi (and hoop) fun, if you'll have me! It'll be nice to be back!

to live at all is miracle enough

Delete

Flame Boy
Flame Boy

veteran
Total posts: 1508
Posted:Talie cant this sunday cos shes here in liverpool with me, but she should be there next sunday.....as will I!!!

Talie does actually have her own HOP account ("Talie"), but her computer has buggered up!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Written by: fluffy napalm fairy

Ctrl V any headway with the place opposite Rainbow?

ssh!

also, not yet.

hope you have big fun tonight... wish I were in a position to come!

Delete

Kieron

Posted:Me and another will be there for sure...is there anywhere specificaly in the park you'll be or shall it be easy to find people spinning brightly coloured objects around?

Miranda, I remember you from Play. I'm 95% sure your that Miranda from the Cornwall, speech/typing and mention of short shorts in your introduction thread. If not correct me so I look silly.

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Written by: Kieron

Me and another will be there for sure...is there anywhere specificaly in the park you'll be or shall it be easy to find people spinning brightly coloured objects around?

How bout the corner of the park that's indicated on the clicky map that fluffy_napalm_fairy put up?

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Can't make it this week frown But will be there next Sunday (23rd) fo sure biggrin

I really wish I could come today but you know how things are sometimes.....

Hope you have lots of fun, the weather says it isn't going to rain or anything.

weavesmiley juggle hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

[noodles]
[noodles]

*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
Total posts: 893
Posted:Hmm. Possible difficulties. Have to go to a meal for stepdads birthday at 4 and my motorbike is kinda broken. Unless I can fix it in less than an hour I'll have to miss this one. Although if I can fix it i'll only be able to bring my diabolo as I haven't figured a way to carry a 5ft staff on a motorbike yet...

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

Delete

Chuff2u
Chuff2u

Total posts: 32
Posted:Shall try my bestest to be there for spinny fun!Even if its to watch others and their firey fun! devil

Delete

Miranda (mewcat)
Miranda (mewcat)

queen of all the hipsters
Total posts: 150
Posted:Kieron - yup, that's me! Give me a trigger to rememer you and I'm sure I will. Will be nice to catch up once i move back to Brum!

to live at all is miracle enough

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Total posts: 251
Posted:so how was the fire spining on Sun?

Eccles

Delete

Kieron

Posted:er....we went into town at some point, I kept borrowing your socks due to a lack of my own, I had a t-shirt with my name on it, we both got frustrated with isolations, I was there when you had a lie down on the nails...er...Kit and Kat were talked to quite often...hmmmm, I should be more interesting and memorable thats all I can think of.

The fire spinning was fun although my own wasn't exactly good...time to return to practicing with sock covered fire poi I believe. May make the chains a little smaller as well currently undecided. I did end up in the wrong park for quite a bit of the spin but eventually got there after confusing Ros by using someone elses phone as I was out of credit. Now need to find more parraffin before warwick on wednesday.

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Hi guys wave

I will deffo DEFFO be there on Sunday, might have a couple of mates with me, might not shrug and I'll have lots of lovely new monkey fists to play with ubbrollsmile

Kieron.....I might be able to help you with Iso's a little if you want, not sure how to help apart from give you patience tho, it's the key ingredient to learning isolations wink

Been juggling lots lately, seems to take less valuable space than spinning when there's a wee one around, it's surprisingly tiring! Spinning takes much less effort! ubblol

See you all on Sunday hug

Has anyone found indoor play space yet? Uni's are full of them, there must be something to be blagged for free?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:Written by: Dunc

Has anyone found indoor play space yet? Uni's are full of them, there must be something to be blagged for free?

True, but throw in the word 'Fire' and then it becomes a whole different problem biggrin

The spin itself, for me, was a bit short because, as my name suggested, I got lost as soon as I got into Selly Oak frown
Not having a map and having 'helpful' locals who didn't know their own town didn't really help me get there. Found it eventually and had a burn but I was mostly mesmerised by other people's spinning biggrin

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

inpsydout
Total posts: 57
Posted:i couldnt make it unfortunatley, wont be able to for a while now. is anyone spinning by the lake on thursday?? smile

i cdnoult blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg!

Delete

Kieron

Posted:You've already helped Dunc...indirectly, took most of Saturday and Sunday morning at Play to learn isolated buzzsaw but I can generally do that and isolate just circles now..I think I can anyway. However I have no idea what isolated weave is so its a bit hard to know what to practice, help with that would be muchly appreaciated.

Also realised the weight of my sock poi has messed up my ability to isolate my much lighter fire poi...*goes to stick socks over the wicks and practice with them again like before Play*

Delete

87wt2gxq7
87wt2gxq7

veteran
Posted:Thursday arvo half-hour club: it's looking less and less likely that I'll be coming out to play today, but if I do it'll be 1300-1330.

Won't have a chance to check here before tomorrow so if I sees ya I sees ya.

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:bounce bounce2 :boucne: :boucne2: bounce bounce2 bounce

Right then guys.

Almost sunday (lol.............. ish!)

Come out and play biggrin
Oh - and everyone try to get fuel sorted beforehand! There's a hardware shop in Raddlebarn that sells paraffin though you'll have to get there before 5 (it's the road bounding the park on the uphill side (towards the station). Other than that........... your guess is as good as mine ubbrollsmile

Love and hugs and wooooooo!

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:argh I can't spell it seems. Too much bouncing and excitement rolleyes

But at least you know I type the smilies - not click 'em (oldskool diehard wink )

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:Still yet to find a hardware store in Brum city centre area that sells paraffin...might have to travel to Selly Oak just to buy paraffin ubbcrying

Oh, by the amount of paraffin people mooched off me last Sunday, I should get free paraffin this time biggrin

How much is paraffin for whatever size can by the way?

And has a sheltered fire-spinny place been found? The rain today kinda just put me off a little for Sunday frown Hair got wet and now it's fluffy... angry

[edit] Considering to buy one of two things to expand my collection of spinny stuff. Should I get a set of pretty, floaty and smooth flags which may look a bit camp (confused) but I actually really want because of the reasons previously stated (apart from the camp bit), or a set of glow poi which can still be purdy, can be used anywhere fire can't but runs off batteries confused

EDITED_BY: thelost_seraph (1129894622)

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:sounds like would be a good meet.
Unfortunately, i think i can't make this Sunday cuz i will go to London juggling convention. And will not come back til 9ish at night...

Have fun !
Eccles devil

Delete

fluffy napalm fairy
fluffy napalm fairy

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Eccles - please come to the Kundalini party in London on sat night - it will be full of spinners - loads that you know and plenty you don't and It's going to be AMAZING biggrin Details in the Kundalini thread. I think there are still tickets too..........

Ben (or whatever your name is....lol) I'll see if I can sort you out some paraffin for the stuff I blagged last week - I'll stop in on my way home and see if I can get some. Post in about an hour to let you know biggrin

Delete

Eccles
Eccles

enthusiast
Posted:'Eccles - please come to the Kundalini party in London on sat night'

does it mean you are going as well?

Thanks Ros, i will check it out.
Eccles

Delete

bluecat