Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > The Scottish Juggling Convention - February 06, Glasgow

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Azrelle_member
39 posts

Posted:
https://www.btinternet.com/~graham.benson1/club/2006/con2006.htm

The time is drawing near, once again, for the Scottish Juggling Convention. In the past few years there have been a good number of poi-ple and workshops, as well as all the usual things you'd expect to see at a juggling convention.

It's £32 (£26 + free t-shirt if you pre-reg) and everything you need is on-site. Bring a sleeping bag and kip in the 24 hour hall - no tents..... it's winter!! There's a public show, renegade, ceilidh, free brekkie, loads of tea, coffee and occasionally free booze left out by the hosts.

Yours truly has been asked to be in the show again. As a follow up to last year's "Cabaret" poi act I have something new in the makings wink

I'd love to meet up with some of the folks from this site again as you were a mad laugh the last time smile

Live life the fun way

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Didn't go to the convention this year, but did the year before, but happily due to the magic of DVD technology, I saw your performance at this years and it totally kicked ass! It was soooo much better than the previous one. (no-offense) It had a good theme and was funny, and it was poi based, which takes some guts at a juggling convention.

So: Well done! Can't wait to see next years!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Azrelle_member
39 posts

Posted:
hehe

yes, it certainly did kick the butt of my last stuff. You are ahead of me though - I still haven't seen me. I was mega-chuffed with Matt Hall's comment to me - "the best damned poi act i've ever seen at conventions" biggrin biggrin

I am actually planning to go on stage at a juggling convention with only two clubs this year.... and only introduce the second club half way through the act smile

the jugglers at my club are intrigued already

Live life the fun way

Azrelle_member
39 posts

Posted:
oh, forgot to add

If anyone wants to run a poi workshop or 5 they are more than welcome. I keep getting landed with teaching beginners the weave and would like to join in some of the other workshops instead this year.

Live life the fun way

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
frown

i'll be in oz this time around. but performing with matt hall again so smile

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Azrelle_member
39 posts

Posted:
bummah

but also coooool

Matt's a loverly bloke

Live life the fun way

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I'll most likely be there (sent off my pre-reg) stuff today. Who else will be?

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
wave

biggrin

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
Nope frown but i went this year and was fantastic biggrin

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Watch me ask to go and get disappointed when I'm told "no"!

Its soooo not fair!

---edit----

just realised, the 3rd of feb would have been my fifth wedding anniversary - if i was still married lol

Oh i got dentist appointment on the 2nd of feb too...
EDITED_BY: TinklePants (1136453907)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Im commin!

again!

tis cool this one.

Mr BM, No snoorin!

Ms Pants, Come On!

The Mop. teach me contach biatch!

Azriel, I will get convinced into it but i Hope someone else will teach poi this year cos i will be bothering the unicyclists!

Comon you weeeegies!

*bouncebounce*

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Was gonna post this but you beat me to it! I will be happy to give a workshop, as I said at juggling club.

Never been to a convention before so really looking forwards to it.

See you there!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
biggrin

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
only three weeks to go! anyone else going?

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
hey crazy cats, im not going no money and a dissertation to work on! i feel very sad about this, ive never been before, be sure to take some pictures etc...how is the juggling club? not been in ages, really need to get back into the swing of things!

sk

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
I want to go.

What's the latest date for the pre reg? Can you do it up to a couple of days before?

I ask, as I'm skint at the minute, and don't get paid for a couple of weeks.

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
pre reg has gone already. 32 I think squid for the whole thing. Not sure otherwise. Check the website.

ducky2108A little bit of a board whore
147 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah. So it has. It ended yesterday. Also, having looked into it more, I'm busy that weekend. I thought it was a weekend towards the end of February. I have no idea why.

There's always next year. Is it in Glasgow every year, or do they have it in Edinburgh sometimes. I know there's more to Scotland than these two places, but nothing on this earth can make me go to Dundee. Again.

Ancient wiseman say "It is very strange person, who, when left alone in room with teacosy, does not try it on"

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
'Tis always in Glasgow. Glasgow Juggling Club hosts the thing.

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
I'm offically going now as it's my birthday on the fourth and I get time off work holiday pay and everything see you guys there.

Viva UGLY STAFF

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
okay cool. Your in the fireshow now dude. Doing flaming diablo or poncing. You have no choice.

Hurry up with that compression, I wanna have some tea and crumpets! ubbloco

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
TWOWEEKSTWOWEEKSTWOWEEKS!!!!

bounce

T wave

-><- Kallisti

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Its soooo not fair. I am a hostage in my own house!!!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Oh no, kupsch, you (and Norma) have got to come, it's not that expensive and it's just in Glasgow - no travel expenses! frown Well, anyway, juggling club is as normal, although there was a sudden influx of poi spinners last week, although, suprisingly, they weren't all absolute beginners like they normally are, so that was quite good. And me and Gav have got a gig performing at fantasia. There are posters up for it all through Glasgow, though I definately ain't dressing p like that! ubblol Good luck with your dssertation, hopefully see you soon. Anyway, all that was totally offtopic so...

Should I prepare something specific for this workshop or can I just turn up and see what level everyone is?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
Yes, yes! ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE must come!

For some reason, I have failed to spot the posters for Fantazia. Am now wondering what you're not going to be dressed like, Holly.

Gav

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
seriously take a walk throught he west end, woodlands road, great western, they are absolutly everywhwere, someone obviously went a bit mad with the fly posting.

well take a look HERE, this is a copy of the poster. By the way, do you think I can get away with wearing earplugs?! This is totally turning into the Glasgow juggling club thread so um, the convention yeh, it's soon. offtopic offtopic offtopic

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gav486SILVER Member
122 posts

Posted:
offtopic lolsign offtopic

Earplugs are not a bad idea. Many professionals working in that sort of environment wear 'em. Are you sure you can't be persuded re. the costume, Hol?

offtopic lolsign offtopic
EDITED_BY: 486 (1137984305)

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
NO!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
*BOUNCE*

:boing:

ohh i better practiace, my juggling is shocking....

T wave

-><- Kallisti

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
Pircklyleaf and Gav, thats the shizzle nizzle, oiu, about you's doing fantazia, have a blast, wish i could go but im working an going up ben A'an first thing sunday morning. take some pictures guys. (maybe PM me cuz this is off topic - oops)

anyway, everyone have a fabuloso time at the convention, get photies n all the rest.

word to the bird!

sk

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
... creaps in *cough*

one week? -quiet voice

T wave

-><- Kallisti

Page: