jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
my style itself is a bit chaotic, ~but~ I was spinning fire at a festival last weekend when I ... lost control of the poi. I've been spinning for years and this has never happened. I couldn't have stopped them if I tried. they were just moving too damn fast and I couldn't catch the rhythm. so I did what anyone would do in this situation. I started dodging fire balls. I couldn't let go of them, there was at least 75 people in a circle around me. I didn't want to let them hit me because that would just suck on many plains. but anyways, the poi swung in every which direction going mach 3 for about 5 seconds. behind me, in front of me, over me, they tried to go under me a couple times, but more than anything, they tried to go straight at me. I felt like a contortionist evading these bewitched comets of destruction until I found their rhythm. the funny thing is, everyone in the crowd thought I did it on purpose. and they went nuts. now that I think of it, it must have looked like one hell of a trick.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Do it again and get it on tape biggrin

Learning how to duck, dive, drop and roll are amongst the most uneful thigns to know when spinning fire.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
chaos rocks smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
if I do it again... someone better catch it on tape. the chains went all squirrelly, and I can't say that I really want to do it again. but you should try it sometime, you might enjoy it

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I dodge my poi more than enough.

I have even created a move called "The Duck"

biggrin

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
like that trick where you throw it behind your head after a nasty haze of multi directional bullsh*t and the plane is moving to cut through you at a 45 degree angle so you gotta arch your back about a foot so the damn thing doesn't destroy you? I call it the... ummmm.... i call it avoiding monday morning. well, now I do at least

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
UCOF: I think I saw that at Glasto biggrin

aren't the five D's dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge? wink

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi