Page: ...
Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
What ever you do, don't go taking me seriously wink

Why the hell is philosphy reserved only for poi?

"Poi is life"...... where the hell is staff in that equation? tongue

Poi gets all the "There is no move" BS... what do we get? Nowt.

S'not fair. I want to be able to terrify newbies with such confusing words of wisdom, but yet there doesn't seem to be any spiritual side to staff... Lame!

Is it because staffers are, by default, meat heads? Is it beacuse philosophy is reserved only for the wussier side of object manipulation?

Should I just shut the hell up before I get lynched?

EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1127739343)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: shadows_shaded

Fear and respect it.

Why fear it?

Surley you are saying fear the fire, not the stick?

Fear the stick - why? i dont undrstand............

I think this thread is full of hippes who arnt spinning enough ubbloco

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
lol
i fear the sticks smacking me in hte face............especially in a show!

afghan_bingoSILVER Member
116 posts

Posted:
a staff to me is much like a woman: dangerous and unforgiving.

you think youve got her worked out, but in two seconds flat she goes from a plaything to an uncontrollable serpent.

she is comforting in time of need, but ultimately frustrating when she begs and begs but you cannot give her the time or the energy. and she will never forgive you.

you think that once youve known one girl, all the others will be the same, but some will be better, some will be worse.

everyone (normally) prefers their own girl to everyone elses, unless they are dissatisfied with her performance.

some are natural, taught young beauties, others are modified aesthetically and covered in silicon

its good for the ego when you can make your staff quiver with excitement and go weak at the knees.

we were somewhere near barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

shadows_shadedBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
That was all kinds of random, and yet so unrivaled in its questionable yet remarkable accuracy.

Crazy...

Also, on a slightly more serious note than before, when it comes to fearing and respecting, fire should not be feared (though burns should be :P) it should only be respected.

It's personality that should be feared... every action and its equal and opposite reaction? Spin your staff around and set it on fire enough, and see what it does!

The voices told me to say it. No really...
Ask them.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
 Written by: afghan_bingo

a staff to me is much like a woman: dangerous and unforgiving.

you think youve got her worked out, but in two seconds flat she goes from a plaything to an uncontrollable serpent.

she is comforting in time of need, but ultimately frustrating when she begs and begs but you cannot give her the time or the energy. and she will never forgive you.

you think that once youve known one girl, all the others will be the same, but some will be better, some will be worse.

everyone (normally) prefers their own girl to everyone elses, unless they are dissatisfied with her performance.

some are natural, taught young beauties, others are modified aesthetically and covered in silicon

its good for the ego when you can make your staff quiver with excitement and go weak at the knees.

ubblol i like doubles and experimenting with tripples .... the possibilities are mind blowing ubblol

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
ubblol I never come in this thread....I'm so glad i did today though! ubblol

Mr.Bingo-Genius!!!!!!!!!

rolleyes to benjamen....

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
come now miss maus you cant just post in the staff philosophy thread without some philosophy *insert posh english accent while tilting nose slightly upwards*thats just not cricket*end tilt*

arnt your going to share your philosophy on staff manipulation with us?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

less of the posh english! ubbloco

*waits for maus staff philoshophy*

this could be good ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
A staff, much like any other long hard member, needs to be treated with care, some being more fragile than others.

As far as staff philosophy goes, well i never was much of a philosopher, but one thing to remember is staffs have feelings too and too much rough play will only make them bend-or even worse-break!

eek

When manipulating ensure you have a firm grip, and although 2 hands aren't always necessary, to begin with both you and the "staff" may find this more pleasurable.

Love your staff, even if its only when you're playing with it.Your staff needs to feel like its the only staff in the world.

For doubles, most of the time a shorter length is required for ease of manoevrability. But remember-both staffs are equally important-don't give one more attention than the other. wink

If considering multiple staffs, you really must make sure you have the hand eye coordination and energy to maintain all at an equal pace before even attemping it, you wouldnt want one to feel left out and drop away, or even worse one to have to much use and hit you in the eye or something.

Love your staff, let your staff love you, even if only for a couple of hours a day.

biggrin

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
and...................PROTECT YOUR FACE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Not everyone likes to protect their face!some people don't mind it getting a bit dirty....

and don't even get me started on the marks staining your clothes! wink

Right enough-Im officially out of the Staff moves forums!

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
mmm, if you had split your forhead open and gotten a BLUE scar between your eyes you might be a bit more careful when doing backspin wink tongue

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
three staffs i canjust handle but one woman is enough for me, ilike watching doubles tho ...so maybe?

23 posts

Posted:
Its all about the contact when playing with staffs,

look ma, no hands!

Ask them.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
what about burn times?

23 posts

Posted:
In which case its all about the skill biggrin

Ask them.

tim_marstonaddict
614 posts

Posted:
https://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm

a nice link to some amazing drawings

Page: ...