RadaSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
hey guys, for some reason or another i dont know any of the more complex moves names.

OK, everyon take their right wrist, and nestle it in your left arm pit. Now with your left arm, stretch it behind your back and reach toward your right pants pocket. uncomfortable yet? anyway, poi doing butterfly from that position is 1 trick, and the poi going the same direction like 1 beat weaves infront and in back is the other.

could someone help me place this trick? new, variation of an old trick. ill get it on vid next time i shoot.

also if someone can link me real quick to what these are. negative, isolations, anitspin

Peace,
Rada

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
All three are concepts rather than moves.

Negative Space: making a hole (using parts of your body, or the poi) and utilising it in some way (eg. putting a poi through it)

Isolations: Moving your hand in a circle around the poi as it spins, in such a way that the centre of rotation of the poi moves to the middle of the string (rather than at your hand where it usually would be.)

Antispin: Spinning the poi clockwise while moving the centre of it's rotation in an anticlockwise circle, or vice versa.

If you wanna know more you can do a search smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
and the move you describe are reels (opposite and same direction) with one hand stretched behind, and one hand stretched in front. It doesn't have a specific name.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
its a crosser - which as simian said is a kind of reel - in a crosser the right poi spins on left side and left poi on the right side. ive been trying nail those particular crossers for a while now, but as you say they are uncomfortable.... but you can make cool long arm circles with the hand that crossses behind your back.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

RadaSILVER Member
42 posts

Posted:
thanks guys.