newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Now, I realise that the entire Australian continent will be tilted a number of feet by the combined weight of weavesmiley people congregating in Adelaide next weekend... but just on the off chance that (maybe) *ahem* some others are not attending eek what is clearly going to be the Most Magnificent Gathering of Hopsters in the Southern Firmament... (nice one, Josh, Ben etc hug)...

Would you care to come play at this rather lovely Festival instead?

I have played and volunteered there a number of times and it is a lovely one. My prior commitment to it is the major reason I will not be at Common Ground... apart from advanced brokitude....

There will be at least a few of us playing there (including the Carnival of the Divine Imagination participating in some speccy installations...) I'll be working in the office and doing soem MCing so come say hello! biggrin

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
It is an absolutely beautiful festival

kinda sad things didn't work out right for us this year frown

I went as a punter last year and had an absoloutely beautiful time... spent *loads* of money in all the gorgeous gorgeous market stalls... and there's so many lovely beautiful people there*:.

the year before was so much fun too... working with all the other lovely fireries biggrin ubblove biggrin ...and again spent way to much money in the markets... and had some wickid organic donuts!!! chai and so much lush stuff...

and so much wonderful street theatre and live music and fantastic artworks all over the festival sight*:.

really really lush festival ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Indeed, I saw some of the amazing UV garden that the Carnival peeps are putting together.. what clever little pixies they are!

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
Boy, what fun we had! biggrin

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
I wanna here all the stories and see all the pictures lovelies!!! ubblove

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

funkwaxpuppyBRONZE Member
40 posts

Posted:
I do too!! We were too busy playing to take any photos though! juggle

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
yep, no photos I think, lots of nice memories though... the music was great, not a bad act anywhere. Special yums for the way they include electronica... and just the feeling of space and easiness... be there for sure next time so I hope CG6 doesn;t clash again!!!!!

RainbowDaydreamstranger
16 posts

Posted:
So this is a pretty old thread, but I figured I'd resurrect it rather than make a new thread....

Anyone doing Bellingen this year? I went last year for the first time and have tickets again this year. It's an awesome little festival!

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
good to keep in mind for my 2012 Oz-tour, thanks smile

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

RainbowDaydreamstranger
16 posts

Posted:
I highly recommend it- it is a wonderful festival. From the music, to the artistic vibe, to the markets and great food. One of the best small festivals I've been to. It's right on the river too, so you pop down for swims between acts.

Plus, Bellingen is a beautiful little town very close (within half an hour's drive) to some of the most wonderful beaches. My boyfriend's parents have a beach house in a little town called Corindi- the main beach there is over 7 kilometres long and even in the busiest months it is virtually deserted.

See?!

Non-Https Image Link