Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So there's this guy I swim with. He's a resident in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and he's really nice, funny...

...oh, and gorgeous.

So he was talking about how he's going to Montreal to the GLMA meeting (Gay & Lesbian Medical Assocation). But he joked that he was really just going to meet hot men. I said "well there's no lack in this city." He said "yeah? Where?"

Now, if I'd had any balls I would have said "Um, right in front of me."

But I'm chickensh!t. So I didn't. *deep sigh* frown

Anyone else here been too chickensh!t to take advantage of any golden opportunities lately?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Aww poor Doc.

I haven't missed any opportunities lately because they hasn't been any opportunities frown

But yeah, I've had my share of missed opportunities in the past. Dontcha hate 'em?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
a lot of the time, romantic encounters happen soon after or not at all.
better to regret someone you did than someone you didn't do,
you only live once, ey!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Whatever. People have lost their homes in New Orleans and I'm fretting about a boy.

-Mike

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
hmmmm sound like the situation between me and my mates sister........we both got naked n had some fun but due to lots of vodka we both passed out

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

i wouldn't normally mind but she is sooooo sweet

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Written by: Doc Lightning

Whatever. People have lost their homes in New Orleans and I'm fretting about a boy.

The boy is in your life there and more relevant to you.
You human you.

Want us to sms him and tell him you are hot?

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Groovy_DreamSILVER Member
addict
449 posts

Posted:
Written by: ravehead

hmmmm sound like the situation between me and my mates sister........we both got naked n had some fun but due to lots of vodka we both passed out

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

i wouldn't normally mind but she is sooooo sweet

Haha i think we've all been there smile Funny thing is you don't really care at the time

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hug doc, ya win some ya lose some, if you swim with him then you may get another chance, don't fret. your definately fit for a guy (seen your pic & am comfortable saying this to a dude) so you'll be all right.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

hug doc, ya win some ya lose some

Or should you say 'ya swim some ya lose some'. Sorry I know its a really unfunny pun but I couldn't help myself!!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
Plus there's always Ben as a last resort!!!!! wink

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Written by: Parafinfairy

Plus there's always Ben as a last resort!!!!! wink

How to make friends and influence people ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Aahh, yes. I can relate to this

I had a very similar situation happen to me. I felt so stupid when I didnt say anything. But it kinda blew up in my face later. It happened again & I didnt keep quiet, but he laughed at me and thought it was a major joke redface ubbcrying

Its horrible when it happens

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm more into botching situations up. I mean, you prolly wouldn't have messed that one, but like, for example, hitting on someone when you're staying as a guest in their house. Thats one to worry and fret over....

And in general, pushing something too soon can be as bad as waiting too long...

on the other hand, i'm less pissed at myself for [censored] up things than for missing them smile ubblove you've seen where it gets me all anyway, wanting to join a convent, and yes, we all fuss more about sex than we ever will about people far away

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
ola doc!!!

.....hopefully this won't sound too cheesy for you, but if he's the one you will get another chance....and then you should kick yourself in your ass to use the next possibility and go for it, risk it ...what can you loose as long as you don't "have" him. umm

btw, perhaps even he was a bit shy himself and tried to get you to the point to become a bit more "direct"...
....but as you mentioned before...you will see him again as you swim with him...so take the next chance! try to learn from your last one then you won't be annoyed about yourself as you did what you could...

...apart from all that, yes something like that happened to me lately as well, but the rest only in pm's. wink

clap go for it (him), doc!

hug

tina

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:

But he joked that he was really just going to meet hot men. I said "well there's no lack in this city." He said "yeah? Where?"

Erm he aware that you're actually gay and/or available? Cos that sounds like he hadn't even noticed you. Sorry but it does.

I'm not sure it's about having the "balls" to do anything about it. Maybe you just need to brush up on your flirting wink

Valura is doing workshops in Flirting with Cute Guys if you're interested.... hug hug

Meh

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
i've missed two perfect opportunities in a week...

number 1:

last Sunday i was in the back-room at work with this really cute guy (Steve) who i have like for ages... we were having a water fight then we had an ice cream fight... he was just looking at me... i should have kissed him... would have been perfect...

number 2:

today Steve was giving me a lift to work and we were talking about him moving to Manchester (which is happening really soon) and i said "i can't believe your leaving me" and he just looked at me and said "I'm not leaving you... I'll only be two hours away..." i should have said something about how i feel, but i didn't... i sat looking out of the window with tears in my eyes... walked into work and burst into tears...

i need to do something about this before he leaves because it really is going to kill me....

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

KlownyBRONZE Member
Disco Inferno
160 posts

Posted:
Carpe Dium!! (sp?)
I cant say that I have had this problem lately, as a matter of fact I asked this girl I really like out! And she said yes! Wo0t go me! *does a lil jig in the corner* ubblove

On the other hand Doc...sometimes nerves get the better of you, Ya know wha I'd do I would just go up and kiss the person abruptly...:D I like to shock people, you will either get slapped and have an angry face looking at you...or you will get slapped with a big grin looking at you! you have a 50/50 chance on the face but a 100% chance on the slap! GO for it bud!

"Only fools are positive! are you sure? Im POSITIVE"

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
*sigh* I do that alot... infact way too often...
A few times though Ive tried doing something which isnt me (and being totally obvious, and saying something like that) and Ive ended up with them (even if it was only for a night) but it's not only about rejection... I still have trouble saying stuff like that to my boyfriend...

But Doc, just try, and see what happens, if it screws up, well, at least you might learn what to try harder with next time..

Lost83spyBRONZE Member
Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
587 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I agree with everyone. Just try it out. Who knows...

I must admit, with my situation, if I hadn't said anything I would've regretted it for the rest of my life, even though I was laughed at. There's always gona be that "what if I had" factor lingering in our minds, if we dont try it.

You'll never know if you don't try ubbrollsmile

Go for it! I think your'e great and I'm sure he will too

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@MacaroniFace: sp : Carpe Diem! wink

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cantus

Erm he aware that you're actually gay and/or available? Cos that sounds like he hadn't even noticed you. Sorry but it does.

Well, we both swim on a gay swim team... And he actually swam in college with my high school swim team captain...and we've discussed our mutual crush on him...

-Mike

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
A gay swim team? Wow never knew there were such things, you dont get gay anything in england, except a gay village here or there.

*whispers in docs ear* Ask him out, when he brought up the gay...meeting or whatever it was. He promted you to say something like 'theres one hot guy infront of me'

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I want to, Joe. Pero me faltan cojones.

-Mike

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:

I want to, Joe. Pero me faltan cojones.

Pero what? confused

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Spanish for "I don't have the balls"

-Mike

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Grow some, c'mon.....

biggrin

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Doc, you seem to have no problem flirting with us online, benders or not and we take it in our stride.

But it seems like its a different story when it comes to taking the plunge (see what I did there?) in real life situations. In real life you might actually have to face the prospect of it actually developing something, whether it be rejection or the more positive otherwise...

I seem to be speaking from experience don't I? If someone knew what I was thinking they'd be telling me to heed my own advice. I don't have a good track record of asking guys out and when i do it always blows up in my face and I scurry back into the thing of flirting with people I definitely can't have (i.e. str8 people) and blanking the guys I actually fancy.

Argh!

Sorry did I point to this?

Oh yeah, last time I took the plunge I got knocked back but I gained a great friend.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Aww, aah dont worrie about it Doc, take it from me do not miss opertunitys. I ruined my chances of seeing my bf again (the one that ran off, d**kwad that he is lol)

I called him on a payphone and when he picked up I just lost all ability to talk, and instead of asking him to come and meet me somewhere to talk things over I just asked him to call me, wich he said he'd do but never botherd. Alltho he probably wouldnt have turned up anyway. I shoulda talked to him more too I was like...erm hello...where you been...call me?...bye.... *hangs up and bursts into tears*

Im was such a twat, dont be one too Doc.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Oh pleeeze. Lightning wasn't scared... he was EXHAUSTED from all the flirting he'd done at Burningman.

Doc's just grumpy because it broke up his 'perfect game' and now he's batting 99.99% wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
NYC, what I did at Burning Man wasn't flirting...

-Mike

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
what in the world happened at Burningman???

Doc, you say you don't have the balls, but I'm sure you do have balls, hell, even if you say something stupid like "Ive wanted to tell you for ages that I was interested, but Im scared that I dont have the balls, but I know I do... wanna see?" (ok, maybe not that silly, but you know) you might at least make him laugh/giggle

Oh, and I think you might need this thread [Old link]
EDITED_BY: Hanz (1127728754)

Page: