mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I've been sifting through countless Hyperloop threads looking for this particular variation with no luck. I quite possibly read about it but couldn't decipher the technical description... gyration obfuscation and all that.

Anyway, what do you call these, I just started landing a few:

Start a classic buzzsaw hyperloop (between the arms), count two beats then cross your arms above and below so the HL is still inside but you are reaching over and under it from opposite sides, count two more beats and exit or uncross your arms, two more beats and exit. The HL plane stays the same but you are changing the direction it spins by switching the sides you hold it. I suppose if you mix it with isolations (infinite hyperloops) you can keep the pattern going forever. I just use heavy enough heads to keep the HL going at least 6 beats.

Another variation is crossing, turning your body 180 degrees to uncross, then repeating. Still another is mixing odd beats into the cross, 3 one way, 3 crossed and exit. I'd supply a video if I had a camera frown but maybe this pic will help. (that's starting the crossed 180 turn variation)

Non-Https Image Link

Is there a common name for this family of hyperloops and are there other variations?

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
whoa there sparky..

first off.. stop talking hyperloop... you'll thank me later for it, I promise... even the people that made those terms, have no frickin clue what it means..

now what you have there in the pic is a tangle.. its not inside, its inverted.. tangles for the most part are beat irrelevant..

[url=https://orbit.harm.org/Spinning/Rev/2%20axis%20tangle%20turn.wmv] there's this(right click, save as)[url]
whihc is like what you are doing... only you turn yours 180 and I use 90 plane changes.

now if you are looking for a thread.. simian made a thread with all the hyperloop and tangle links he could find I think.. but I'm too lazy to search for it..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by: mtbeer

Start a classic buzzsaw hyperloop (between the arms), count two beats then cross your arms above and below so the HL is still inside but you are reaching over and under it from opposite sides, count two more beats and exit or uncross your arms, two more beats and exit. The HL plane stays the same but you are changing the direction it spins by switching the sides you hold it. I suppose if you mix it with isolations (infinite hyperloops) you can keep the pattern going forever. I just use heavy enough heads to keep the HL going at least 6 beats.

i know the kinda thing you're talking about. Never heard it given an individual name.
it might be a perpetual tangle in an 2beat inverted weave but i might very well be talking utter [censored]. i've never heard anyone give a specific name to it. i suggest that you give it a silly non-meaningful name which noone can then tell you is wrong. Howzat?

Is there a common name for this family of hyperloops

don't reckon

and are there other variations?

reckon smile

oh, and i really like your poi.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by: simian

don't reckon
reckon smile

when i was a kid, those two sentences were equivalent.

if you said the word 'chinny' before reckon, it was all the more scathing.

i like your poi too mr beer smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
some further explanation of coles last post

[Old link]

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
Heh, thanks. I guess it's an inverted tangle then. I did a little more digging and found some insane vid of this move from the yo-yo crowd.
https://www.yoyoing.com/shawn/videofiles/spinning/TanglyStuff_May05_XviD.avi
2:18 into the vid you can clearly see the pattern. I wish my chains tangled as easy as those strings.

Check out the kid near the end doing the BTB tangle to waistwrap... eek

Thanks for the tangle thread gathering simian, I've been using it for quite some time.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok