Forums > Social Chat > Very Irritating thingies

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
what really really irritates you but its too insignificant for you to anything about...ie

all the crushed up bits at the bottom of the cereal packet that taste revolting and go soggy when milk is added to them. they're (is that better?) just wierd!

[ 14. November 2002, 08:51: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE ]

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Mike, As a HS teacher you can imagine I get the:

"THE LAB IS DUE THURSDAY!!! Please don't turn it in Friday because my grades are due so Thursday is the last day to turn it in or it won't be... Yes Johnny?"
"When is the Lab Due?"

The only thing that gives me some sanity back is remembering what I was thinking about in HS. Hopefuly he was daydreaming about a cute girl in his class or what he was going to do after school that day or SOMETHING...

Perhaps the woman in your seminar was deep within some sexual daydream about you and large amounts of olive oil and missed the whole asbestos comment. The next time she does it, be sure not to giggle too loud.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
humm . . i dont know,if anything things tend to upset me more than irritate! does that count in the same context here?

pk you could never be irritating if you tried, luv u to pieces!

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC:
Mike, As a HS teacher you can imagine I get the:

"THE LAB IS DUE THURSDAY!!! Please don't turn it in Friday because my grades are due so Thursday is the last day to turn it in or it won't be... Yes Johnny?"
"When is the Lab Due?"

The only thing that gives me some sanity back is remembering what I was thinking about in HS. Hopefuly he was daydreaming about a cute girl in his class or what he was going to do after school that day or SOMETHING...

Perhaps the woman in your seminar was deep within some sexual daydream about you and large amounts of olive oil and missed the whole asbestos comment. The next time she does it, be sure not to giggle too loud.

Ok, first of all, you have a good point about hoping that he was daydreaming about something useful.

That said, I do NOT want this girl daydreaming about me. Normally, I say "not my type" when I'm diplomatically trying to say "unattractive," but this girl is... eww.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
She's a lady sheep?

Meh

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
also reading through a really really long message board reading each point and finding the ones you agree with...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Any and all forms of lies. They make baby Jesus cry.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
This from a while ago:

Customer looks at tag on necklace. Tag says "$38 Sterling Silver".

Customer: "How much is this necklace?"

Me: "That's $38. It's solid sterling silver".

Customer: "Oh, what's it made of?"

!!!!

And when someone sprays the back of my car with car pheromones and all the other cars come to sniff around her trunk...

When people drop cigarette butts in half full beer bottles, then kick them over, splashing beer and ash mud on my floor...

Smokers in bars who turn their head as they exhale, so the smoke goes into the aisle and therefore right into my face...

People who hear a new word, decide that they know from context what it means and then go around using it incorrectly. I had a housemate who did that (same girl who fancied herself a ninja and ruined the front door throwing her shuriken into it to "practise". Goodbye damage deposit)...

When my otherwise delightful cat lays down on the keyboard or mouse and deletes something i've worked on for a long time...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
having 'one of those days'

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
-when you seriously do forget that you had a five page essay the night before its due
-when all four blue pens run out in an internal exam so you resort to pencil then get marked down because your not supposed to use pencil (why the hell not!?)
-when my sister leaves about half a bowl of milk after her cereal then gives it to the dogs (i love milk dammit! dont waste it!)
-when i dont do something because of (unbased) fear
-when people leave a power point on with nothing in it
-people being late
-people ignoring me]
-people completely misunderstanding me
-how EVERYONE says "hi, how are you?" when they dont actually care how you are
-how EVERYONE always replies "good" or "fine" when actually they could be feeling pretty pissed off because they know you dont care whether they are fine or good.
-when i keep posting on HoP instead of studying

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Jade Lynx. You shouldn't be angered by the stupidity of others. You should simply smile serenely and laugh about it when they're gone.

Also take notes cos then you have more material when you write your memoirs.

Meh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Wow, so far I havnt gotten on anybodys list so that must be a good thing! (by name hehe)

Well my pet pieve is persons who drive bigarse pickups who drive 5 miles an hour over railroad tracks. People who drive fast cars slow!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And there was me thinking Ray was going to say somehting abvout people who promise designs and . . .

*decides to stay quiet for the rest of this post*

Meh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
hehe Well C@ntus hehe I wont say anything quite yet but hehe if you keep on reminding me

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
People who judge you without knowing the whole story.
People who profess to be such good friends with you.. "your like part of the family"... but BAIL OUT ON YOU when it gets tough...so much for unconditional friendship and compassion.
People who bleet about being so accepting of other people, and their idiosyncrasies (sp), yet get all bitchy and trash them behind their back.
People who DONT HAVE THE BALLS to tell you that you have done something to piss them off and just ignore you instead...thats so cowardly. How hard is a little communication and respect?
Wow I seem to have issues at the moment..lol...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
quote:
Queen of Wands, you are able to do something about the whole sooty clothes smelling like fuel thing, don't spin fire.
Yes, i know. All part of the fun i guess, i was just having a whinge.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
quote:
but BAIL OUT ON YOU when it gets tough...so much for unconditional friendship and compassion.
Heh, you just described my life last year Valura! It wasnt just one or two people, but nearly EVERYONE was close to me didnt put me as a priority or go out of their way to support me or understand me when i really needed them. I dropped everything that was goin on in my life to help them, because I trusted that they would do the same for me. But it wasn't to be!

Hence i cut off the contact with those who hurt me so much and my life is better for it. Some people are toxic i guess - no matter how much we think they love us and we love them they always have a tendancy to pike out. I dont tolerate fake friends anymore, life's too short.

True mates are out there, its just really annoying that you have to find that 5% of the population that actually are for REAL. Five percent i think is a pretty conservative guess too! I have lots of "mates" (and who doesnt). But my REAL friends who i can trust not to ever bail on me, i can count on one hand. But Im thankful for that much.

EDIT: another annoying thing is no caffeine fix!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Page: