Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > constant round the neck contact move thingy

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi there all,
i've been playing with a move of late which goes like this;
staff spinning horizontal clockwise...insert underleft shoulder with centre-point at back of the neck-the staff now rotates the shoulder and continues to wrap the neck but with a long end-*while leaning forward and down to the right*- as the staff exits (long end first)lean back into it (as if your neck was a devilstick handle)and so-it comes around the front of the neck;
still giving force with the lean you can now send the staffback around your neck again...and again...and...
so far i've gotten 5 full rotations. this can also be spliced with shoulder/spin neckwrap type dealys and looks very nice....
well i'm off for a ** and a twirl, enjoy that one y'all ubbrollsmile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
sounds sweeet flip...

roundy roundy neck stuff is ace - you can chuck some matrixes in there with them too................. both sides remember wink

have fun - who need hands eh biggrin

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
sound advice...listen to this man excl

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i dont get it, you enter "underleft shoulder" but the "centre point" (which is assume is the middle of the staff) is "at back of the neck"????

please explain............

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
well,although the staff enters under the left shoulder your whole body is tilted to the right so that the staff rotates the shoulder first and then the centre point ends up in just the right place smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
sounds purdy...wanna see now, strugz demonstration on thursday please. biggrin

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yup,

made glass learn this cos he thought i was talking about sommit else,

congrats, thats one badass move....

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
wave

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
A horizontal snes of some kind then. As I would call it.

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
see now meg has just given it a simple name i understand what to do, no need for detailed explanations really, specially with my minute brain power wink

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
actually, since its suppposedly continous, it's either a matrix or underarm entrance to cont nect rolls/wraps monster rolls ra ra ra

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
the shoulder is only by way of entrance, the rest is just continuous round the neck, so its neither a snes, nor a matrix, and could probably be done without mentioning the shoulder at all if that would save confusion...its really a devil-stick move called the propeller, but with your neck as the stick and horizontal,

peace and love,

e...
EDITED_BY: flip (1127723672)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
One of those nice gracefull moves then wink

You'll have to show me this 'devil neck' thing next weekend.

Love is the law.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
it's what ninja dave does on that video. Basically just having continous back of the neck spins. Never ever graceful.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Written by: mcp

it's what ninja dave does on that video. Basically just having continous back of the neck spins. Never ever graceful.

soapbox
no...its not

FlamingNoshmember
5 posts

Posted:
Bit confused!

Is this move a continual neck roll where the center point stays at the back of the neck and the staff dips from side to side whilst the body continually rotates.

or...

does the center point move around from back to front of neck (and on & on). If so is the angle of neck parallel to ground, making a head banging-esque dance as you spin.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
'tis the latter,
the centre-point moves from the back to the front of the neck, but i'm not too sure about the angle of the neck being at all times parallell to the ground. Um...I have a video of this move on my phone perhaps if i can get my hands on a usb cable for it I can try uploading it so you guys and gals can see it, although please bear with me ... i'm a bit of a luddite.

Ninja_Davemember
58 posts

Posted:
had to have a look at this thread, contact round the neck contact move thingy sounds tech! From what i think you mean? sounds like a wicked move, i've been messing about from going from the pinch in the shoulder... imagine starting a matrix, but after the staff has spun on the back of your neck ring it round the front of you for a stall by your shoulder/collarbone that began you began the matrix on, and the almost throw or contact roll the staff underneath the opposit arm, tightly into ur armpit, and then continue with the normal matrix where you left off or roll out the end of a steve? Neva graceful eh meg? i'll get it graceful, altho can see myself at 25 with a zimmerframe and a hunchback eek

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Dave...is that you? are you talking about Little dave wink we knows your secret...and hows your trench foot? mmmm ham and apple sweets just like roast pork and apple sauce..ubblol catch you soon buddy wave

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
I've seen people do it with an interesting watchable style, but I've never seen it done gracefully, not even baton twirlers. (IMO)

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
i got thr hang of this last week, its not gracefull. but its fast and fun smile

just use your neck. and think devilstick.

Love is the law.

Ninja_Davemember
58 posts

Posted:
ok new project! graceful neck spinning? AND MY GOD! those apple polo smoothies were so god damn amazing!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I aim to learn this graceful neck spinning....actually I aim to learn UN-graceful neck spinning first .... then tidy it up. ubblol