• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > what is the time mr wolf?

Login/Join to Participate

Ajtag

Ajtag

The occasional one...

Total posts: 445
Posted:hey malcom, i hhave a small request for you, that is to put some kind of clock on the site so we people in other countries can see when the posts were becouse it can be a little disorestating reading a recent post that, according to my time, is in the future or something similar, it is quite odd, so is there any chance of getting a java clock, or a way to convert timezones somewhere???thankyou
Non-Https Image Link
- Ajtag------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

Delete Topic

Ajtag

Ajtag

The occasional one...

Posted:oh i posted this @ 09:06 my time!!!

Enjoy - A

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1014
Posted:Ajtag,Sorry I don't know how to do this. Does anyone else know how to do this or think this will make a big enough difference to the board?I personally never look at the time, only the date. Anyone else confused?Malcolm

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

Ajtag

Ajtag

The occasional one...

Posted:not to worry too mutch but it would be nice to know how recent the posts are ect ect ect------------------moo? ... is that it?

Enjoy - A

Delete

CAINED-AND-UNABLE

Total posts: 214
Posted:if a set of clocks are too much to ask, how about a list of time zoneseg. east coast U.S.A is GMT -12 (or whatever)
Non-Https Image Link

Delete

Posted:Hey Malcolm,I think a javascript solution would be in order, and wouldnt be too difficult - however I'm not sure it would make a huge difference...The most recent post is at the bottom of the top thread.why do you want to know anything else?Josh

Delete

Posted:Think of the time that you see on the page as Home of poi standard time, then compare other threads to that. I usually post something so that my post is the most recent and then just watch for changes in the order of threads or the number of posts to see if anyone else is posting...Josh

Delete

Simos

enthusiast

Total posts: 382
Posted:hi all... well although it's not going to make a huge difference i must admit there were times i would have found local time useful - this is usually when i check the BB from another computer so that every thread appears 'red' ie containing new messages; so by looking at the time and remembering when i last checked it would be just a bit more convenient to find out which threads contain new posts... however the difference for me won't be huge, maybe it's about time to learn converting time zones after all
Non-Https Image Link
- Malcolm how many hours is the difference in the time quoted in the BB and GMT ???happy swinging,Simos

Delete

Posted:thanks malcbut i dont think they gmt is 1200 hrs off i think that it is, sorry you are right we are on bst at the moment not gmt

Delete