Forums > Social Chat > what is the time mr wolf?

Login/Join to Participate

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
hey malcom, i hhave a small request for you, that is to put some kind of clock on the site so we people in other countries can see when the posts were becouse it can be a little disorestating reading a recent post that, according to my time, is in the future or something similar, it is quite odd, so is there any chance of getting a java clock, or a way to convert timezones somewhere???thankyou smile - Ajtag------------------moo? ... is that it?

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

445 posts

Posted:
oh i posted this @ 09:06 my time!!!

Enjoy - A

445 posts

Posted:
not to worry too mutch but it would be nice to know how recent the posts are ect ect ect------------------moo? ... is that it?

Enjoy - A

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
if a set of clocks are too much to ask, how about a list of time zoneseg. east coast U.S.A is GMT -12 (or whatever) tongue

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Malcolm,I think a javascript solution would be in order, and wouldnt be too difficult - however I'm not sure it would make a huge difference...The most recent post is at the bottom of the top thread.why do you want to know anything else?Josh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Think of the time that you see on the page as Home of poi standard time, then compare other threads to that. I usually post something so that my post is the most recent and then just watch for changes in the order of threads or the number of posts to see if anyone else is posting...Josh

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hi all... well although it's not going to make a huge difference i must admit there were times i would have found local time useful - this is usually when i check the BB from another computer so that every thread appears 'red' ie containing new messages; so by looking at the time and remembering when i last checked it would be just a bit more convenient to find out which threads contain new posts... however the difference for me won't be huge, maybe it's about time to learn converting time zones after all wink - Malcolm how many hours is the difference in the time quoted in the BB and GMT ???happy swinging,Simos

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
thanks malcbut i dont think they gmt is 1200 hrs off i think that it is, sorry you are right we are on bst at the moment not gmt