Page:
taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Hey guys been talking to the wonderful nicky 9balls and the only thing we are waiting on is the permission from Queens uni to use a hall (but theyll say yes......always do) we thought that dec was a good time as it wont clash with the other conventions happening around that time. So is everyone up for it??? juggle juggle I'll keep you posted. hug just got the dates so put the second weekend in Feb in your diaries cos thats when the convention is happening biggrin

Friday February 10th- Sunday February 12th.

Queen's University Student Unions snack bar is where the main part of the convention will take place

It will cost £10 for th weekend

THere will be an evening show, and then an afterparty where there will also be a renegade stage. All acts are nearly confirmed so yeyyyyyyyyy it'll be a great show.

Accommodation is at the Ark Hostel say you are from th econvention and you get £2 per bed

https://www.arkhostel.com/

myself and diana can squeeze afew in our houses so the more the merrier biggrin hug

EDITED_BY: tainted (1137261041)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I believe in fate biggrin

Welcome lemminglady biggrin

Yep, yep... as it happens, the Belfast juggling convention is happening in Belfast this weekend. bounce

It will feature lots of fun, spinning, juggling, heaps of local talent, heaps of international talent and all of us biggrin

There's another thread with all the details, but I think the plan is to meet in Queen's Student Union around 7pm on Friday night.

They have the hall all day Saturday and Sunday, and there will be a circus show in Belfast Community Circus (Gordon St, in the Cathedral Quarter) on Saturday night at 7.30pm.

Pm me (or one of the organisers smile ) your mobile number, and we'll get in touch.

Best wishes, hope to see you at the weekend!

Clare

PS: good time to come back hug

Getting to the other side smile

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
phew clean up is just finished...the house sparkles but i dont frown anyway thanks everyone for turning up and extrs special thanks to olive and goldolight for steping in at the last minute when two acts got injured. I hope everyone had a good time, and because of the success of this one we have decided to make it a regular thing again.
so talk soon guys im going to de stink myself and go to bed and sleep off the mother of all hangovers hug juggle kiss

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
Fantastic job Colleen clap

Thanks to you, Nicky, Alastair and all involved for a great convention.

See you in Dublin March 10th -12th !

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
bounce

Woohoo to everyone who came, and to those still here biggrin

hug

And more cheers for Ronan, Andy, Olivier, Doro and all the other amazing talent there for proving that poi isn't pointless

Ahem.

ubblol

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Poi?

I didnt even realise there was poi smile

That was my most favorite of juggling conventions in a long while. smile

Even if i did get cancelled at the very last minute wink you still owe me a hineken Tainted hug

The show was incredible. And i am so, so glad i got to see all of it. So inspiring it was to watch all those great performers... And sooooo cool to see some of our own up there with em. Doro and Olivia were smashing and Olive is surley on his way to Rubber Heavan Dreams.

Roll on Dublin biggrin

Love is the law.

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well wasn't that pleasant!

Olivier, Andy, Doro, Olive - you beauties! smile

Team Goldolight, I do believe that was the nicest two person poi performance I've seen
Olive - lovely to watch staff world opening into something else.... isolated crucifixes, need I say more smile
Andy - as always ubbrollsmile I think you might just have a thing or two for the shaolin monks. change those plane tickets!
nice one for making it over

the only complaint....NOT ENOUGH TIME! Time just seemed to fly! hope to see ye all again soon.

hug

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Sorry I couldn't make it guys frown family pulled a strop taht I hadn't seen them in 4 years and i had to spend the day wandering round Belfast city centre

Hope you all had a great time

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Ah, tis a pity you missed it lady...

And Ronan... ditto to all you said - but also, thanks to yourself and James and Aidan and Lisa and all the other inspiring dancers in this country.

Well done Colleen biggrin

goldoroxstranger
13 posts

Posted:
whushhhh
hmm back in mannheim after a ...delayed flight (...missed, ok)

i have never seen so many pleasing to watch poi (and staff) players -boys AND girls!!yipiii- in such a small place wink

clare, amelie, lisa, maggie, ronan, aidan, james, andy, olive, olivier, rob...and a few others whom i have forgotten the name

there's definitely a beautiful irish dub-poi movement: smooth, slow, precise, embodied in ronan. just look at furrypurple 's flow!

olive and his 3 staffs is de-fi-ni-te-ly a treasure!!!!

maggie, a ronan and thaitom's happy student will be to look out for at the EJC! wink

and i thought we could see the influence of uberpoi in a few players... biggrin

my prefered moment however was not in the convention...that was to see andy's time-travelling poi, olivier's creative crazy poi and ronan's slow balanced poi in a small park in belfast at the back of a church, spin together their first burn, hmmmmmmmmmm THAT is history and silence and respect. that is a reason why i spin. to see people touching bliss and be lucky to be there with them

grouphug
so thanx to colleen and co. for organising this. thanx for trusting us without knowing our goldolight show! and the same regret as ronan: too fast!!! hmmm, can we have the hall all night long next time, tainted??? hug

the cabaret was funny and simple, special mention to paul the comedian and his dark humour! clap
and actually, yeaaaaah that felt good to be part of a circus show as a spinner!!!!!

btw i have succeeded in hulahooping from hips to head!!! merci amelie! i will look for some water piping straight away!

and wahuuu thankx to all for receiving us and making the light in belfast brighter sunny

see u all in paris in may!
poipoifishandchips
doro*

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody!!

That certainly was the best spinning convention Ireland has seen in a long time!!!

I sadly never got a chance to say goodbye to all the foreign spinny visitors who showed everybody so much this weekend!!!
Thank you indeed for being such splendid people!
And you even got a spot of fishing in while you were here!! biggrin

"F*ck the moves, and just do what you want!!!"
Best advice ever!! Thank you Olivier!!

And I think i might regret not going to spin fire on sunday night forever!!!!!!!

biggrin and hug to everybody who made this happen and to our hostel manager for making sure the UCD and Maynooth contingency had a deadly time.

Rob

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
**what to say more capitain goldorox ur words is light for poireland **

we did not like it we loooooovvvveee it

so nice lightbeings
see u soon with more time
tx to open ur warm hearts for us

peace light and www.loveandfire.de
ap

peace and light

FireSmurfmember
31 posts

Posted:
Tanks everyone for making me feel so welcome.

This was truly an amazing experience. I must

agree with goldorox that the full moon spin

in Cresent park was the highlight of the hole

experience. Its incredible to be surrounded

by so much talent and motivation to progress.

Hope to C u all soon...

Thomas Bjork
[Fire Artist]
[clown]

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
i really cant think people enough for turning up and having fun, we did try to keep everyone happy because i have found at some conventions (while excellent and i had a great time) the focus was all on juggling when i think that poi and staff can come under the manipulation title (i know people wont agree with that but im looking at it as a circus performer) and so we tried to make sure there was something for everyone and judging by the response over the weekend we succeeded in that. Plans for next year are already under way.....we even know where we are having the show as we ended up having to turn people away who didnt get their ticket until turning up at the doors, the next venue will still have the amazing rig for all f the ariel acts and fit about 300 people in (more if at a squeeze) they only thing is i need to really sit down to think to top this show because it was a great evening. So again thank you to the performers, who did an amazing job, the hostel staff for encouraging general maddness, to Goldolight and olive who steped up at the last minute and blew everyone away, barry and neil whom i thrust toghter sat afternoon - guys did a fantastic job -my fav part of the show infact, there was points where i nearly wet myself........moving on, and of course everyone who came i hope you all come next year.......... hug weavesmiley juggle hug ok im gonna go back to drinking my Rose tea (its sooooo good) and get ready for a performance tonight so hug see you all in dublin

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Big up to everyone, for this amazing week-end biggrin

It was so great to see ya all again, meet up with my poi inspirers & some spinners I still had not met (Deep Soul Sheep & co)

I didn't expected to end up on stage, so big thanks to the organizers & the kind comments smile

I particularly loved the

- Doro's poi rescue in Dublin's river (vidz on its way): Hooooray for our heroes: Andy & the amazing steel-pole team (Olivier & Maggie)

- Andy & Ronan for beeing so inspiring

- Olivier & Doro for beeing my ever favorite poi duo

- Lisa & James doubles .. keep up the good work

- Aidan lovely staff contact (you deserve stage for next Irish convention) & Amélie's fire hula hoop and rhum ubbloco

- Lisa's pasta & chile red wine on sunday nite

- cluedo sucks (don't ever play with Clare .. she's a killer)

- Irish girls dressing up like the British

- making 2.5€ after an hour of busking in Dublin

so next time: more fun, more spin, more tricks sharing

I've got a lot of footage of sunday's fire session, but I need to buy a new PC (HDD at least) & I happen to have lost my camera's power adapter ... so you'll have to wait for the vid-yo

See ya all in Paris Juggling Convention: "Balles Habilles à Belleville"

& EJC ubbrollsmile

weavesmiley juggle ubbloco peace

and a last word:

PING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
hug

I am no killer. It wasn't me... honest biggrin

goldoroxstranger
13 posts

Posted:
@olive

biggrin hihihihahahhhohoho
yeahhh sooo funny!

but olive, how do u do to remember all that or did i do a lot of passive smoking? hehe

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hug for olive smile

We're coming to Paris! bounce2 How does us arriving on friday and leaving on monday sound?

bouncebounce

Love is the law.

OliveGOLD Member
enthusiast
285 posts

Posted:
Written by: ado-p

How does us arriving on friday and leaving on monday sound?

soundz BRILLIANT weavesmiley juggle ubbloco

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
I just wanted to thank all the people at the conevention, but mostly Olive, for his amazing staff performance, Doro and Olivier for the beauty of their chemistry (I don´t know if you use that expression in english but anyway) performing, all the performers,The aereal was,..they were flying,..great,..and Andy for the workshop,..I loved the massaging,.. and of course all the people that sahre the apartment with us, was lovely,..
OHHH!! and in answer to Olive,.. PONG!!!
Hope to see u all soon, maybe here in Spain or Paris, or Germany,...

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
heya maiuki hug are you going to paris? The flights from ireland can be got for about 10c folks smile looks for ronan. you coming? huh huh?

were all booked up bounce2

though we are gonna come for a week instead of four days biggrin we'll be visiting friends and being tourists before the jonglage. Any space at yours for a couple of homeless fire spinners for a day or two after the weekend olive?

Love is the law.

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
gonna have some savage fun!!

ado, i hear tell that you have a vid of the convention show, if so could u please forward me a copy, or maybe, colleeen darlin , that pro might have given you a copy of the vid of the whole schebang, anyways, i cant remember most of it for some reason... and the next day i woke up with a head ache and nausea?? dunno what happened there?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
ooops,

barry, i replied to your post in the irish thread. redface but yes, we do have some footage. not alot, just fire. send me on your address smile

Love is the law.

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hahahahaha thats grand i'll do my best to get a copy of the show...(will was being a bit of a tit that night....cos the performers dont mind being filmed...) Anyway baz you seem to have forgotten a great show... hug

maiukiBRONZE Member
51 posts

Posted:
I don´t know yet, but I´ll try to make it. Rigth now I´m a bit confused of what I´m doing, I´m thinking so seriously about going to Gomera again cos I have to finish the driving test,..and is sunny and warm,..jeje!!But I´m sure Ronan will make it,...I´ll keep you informed anyway
besos

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
You know, a couple of years in ireland and you'll forget all about that sun worshipping business.

A bit of cold rain is what you need wink

smile

Love is the law.

alphalightGOLD Member
103 posts

Posted:
ado we want to have a copy to from that evening and we never saw our goldolight duo on blacklight
so please merci
peace light and good night

ap and doro*
kiss

peace and light

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
hi olivia

we dont have any footage from the show inside unfortunatley. some photos but no video>

we do have a bit of the fire from sunday night. as soon as i can get it on a cd i will send it to you and your lovely goldorox. do you want to send me your address or will you be in paris for the belliville jonglage spectacle!!!?

Love is the law.

Page: