Page:
taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Hey guys been talking to the wonderful nicky 9balls and the only thing we are waiting on is the permission from Queens uni to use a hall (but theyll say yes......always do) we thought that dec was a good time as it wont clash with the other conventions happening around that time. So is everyone up for it??? juggle juggle I'll keep you posted. hug just got the dates so put the second weekend in Feb in your diaries cos thats when the convention is happening biggrin

Friday February 10th- Sunday February 12th.

Queen's University Student Unions snack bar is where the main part of the convention will take place

It will cost £10 for th weekend

THere will be an evening show, and then an afterparty where there will also be a renegade stage. All acts are nearly confirmed so yeyyyyyyyyy it'll be a great show.

Accommodation is at the Ark Hostel say you are from th econvention and you get £2 per bed

https://www.arkhostel.com/

myself and diana can squeeze afew in our houses so the more the merrier biggrin hug

EDITED_BY: tainted (1137261041)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Price check? (oh a free convention would be nice...)

A copy paste from Clares above post to the 1st page would make things easy for any newcomers....as the date for the convention on the list of events isn't until november 06!

smile
EDITED_BY: Ronopotamus (1137180966)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Dammit... I knew I forgot something!! rolleyes

Lol... the price will be around £10...

I'll add that to the post, so whether Colleen wants to edit it or not is up to her smile

Are you coming a-visiting young Ronan?!

hug

Getting to the other side smile

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Naturlich, ja!
I'll in Belfastland on the 10th for a hardcore spinilicous weekend.

ubbloco bounce2 ubbloco

I've heard rumours that this weird guy I met at Uberpoi is coming too wink Whahey!!!

ubbrollsmile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Who might that be?!!!

Argh... you can't leave me in a state of unknowing!!

bounce in anticipation smile

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Or maybe a couple of weird guys.... smile

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hmmm... curiouser and curiouser...

Where are these weird folk from?!

Any clues?!

hug

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
That'd ruin the suprise wouldn't it wink

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
tongue tongue tongue

Puh.

smile

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
Hello! wavehello

I can't believe my luck! I've literally just registered to join in with the online fun and now it looks like I can actually join in in real life, in the flesh, wow! I've just come come to nothern Ireland after galavanting for the last 2 years arougnt the workd with my boyfriend Steve. I thought I was going to be out of my mind with boredom (Ballyclare is hardly a happening place) and then I find out there's a jugglig convention on in Belfast1 Waht has happened to this place since I've been away has someone started to actually take the initiative and make some fun? Who's in charge here where can I sign up... Furrypurple you seem to be in the know, tell me more.......

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Noone's in charge... but there are a few of us trying to build a spinning community here... and it's going pretty well biggrin

Welcome home!

wave

So then... I spent just over two years travelling in Oz, NZ and SE Asia - arrived home May 2004.

During that summer, Lisa (faberge), Aidan (ado-p), Barry (Dr Fandango), Martin (Squarefish) and Helen (helen-of-poi) and I (Clare) started meeting up around the country - usually Belfast or Dublin.

Then we started meeting more people (picking people up in parks and on the street - fire spinners are easy to spot biggrin). We met more people on this fabulous website - and we met some Jugglers smile

There's now about 70/80 or so spinners (that we know of) in Ireland (north and south). Not everyone comes to gatherings, not everyone is obsessive (ahem), but we all love it ubblove

Lisa and I have just moved into a place in Bangor and we've started a fire performance business. We're starting to hold regular meetings at the house (we've a huge carpark out the back, which is perfect).

PM me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list...

There have been juggling conventions held all over Ireland for a few years now... the biggest are in Dublin, Galway, Tralee and Belfast (isn't that right lads?! Have I forgotten any?!)

In the last year or so, the spinners have been infilitrating the juggling clubs - but it's grand, they don't seem to mind us taking up their space biggrin

Anyways... the Belfast juggling convention will be held from Feb 10-12. It's going to be a kindof informal gathering, but you'll probably get to meet some wicked people (including some mystery folk that Ronan is referring to above ubblol)

So, get in touch... will be great to meet you biggrin

Take care

Clare x

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
thanks Clare,

God sounds like you've been busy... you've set up a performance buisness? Is there that much interest? I wasn't even aware of spinning when I left and I thought I was bringing back something new looks like Ive been beaten to it!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
smile

Buy the Irish News tomorrow... I believe we're in the 'women's section'

ubblol

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
just so long as it's not page 3 in the sun!

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
eek

Lol, nah, we're not the type smile

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
it was just that the coalition fo the wiggling thing made me wonder biggrin

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
I'd love to come along to next gathering, just let me figure out how to send pms and I'll let you know what my e-mail address is, thanks biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Yeah... that came during the summer... I went to lots of gatherings over in England and made friends with some of the most lovely people at poi/staff gatherings.

(One of them (fluffy napalm fairy) is visiting us this weekend biggrin biggrin)

I think it happened that a few weeks later we were saying the girls should get together and dance (cos we're so much better at it than the boys biggrin biggrin)

Hence... coalition of the wiggling

bruisedandbatterednewbie
21 posts

Posted:
you make it sound like there's an underground sub section of society here thatI normal people don't know about, who are the girls?..... are you all fairies? The coalition sounds quite militant though... scary..... militant highly secretive fairies brandishing fire, are there any less intimidating people here for me to make friends with?

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

You mean this isn't an underground subsection of society?

Just girl friends of mine. Sadly not fairies... though that would probably make life easier.

Coalition cos I used to be a sub-editor in an old life, and am quite anal about words.

But I'm not intimidating at all. Honest biggrin

firebyrdSILVER Member
154 posts

Posted:
Hi guys,

Just a qick word to officially thank Colleen for keeping you all so well posted and for putting so much work into organising the convention.

Unfortunately due to exam and dissertation demands I haven't been able to have much to do with setting the whole thing up which is slightly remiss of someone who is supposedly the president of the Queens Juggling Society, but hey if I wasn't here to sign my name to useless pieces of paper Queen's wouldn't have been so forthcoming with their support, so I'l justify my existence with that small concession.

Anyway Colleen has kindly posted all the info on a seperate thread entitled Belfast Juggling Convention Important Info, if you have any queries just pm her or post here and we'll make sure you all know the craic.

See you all soon
cheers,
Diana

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Well it turns out we'll be having 4 lovely spinny spinners coming to visit us ubbrollsmile

Oh my its going to be an inspiring twirlification!

can you guess who it is yet Clare wink

Tir_na_nOgjourneyman
55 posts

Posted:
Belfast is coming close now!!!!!! Yippee!!!!

The UCD crowd will be hanging around there somewhere for the weekend!

Any hints on the 4 spinners coming to visit??

I CANT WAIT!!! ubbloco juggle ubbloco beerchug ubbloco

But now I gotta go sit an exam! mad

See everybody I havent seen in ages down in Belfast in two weeks time!!

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
I know I know I know!!!!

Ha ha

wink

Love is the law.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

I received a mysterious PM from someone who plans to visit... but surely he would have posted here.

shrug

Hmmmmm.

Looking forward to it though smile

When are you guys arriving? and what's your plan?

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
hope you had a good exam tirnanog.hug
clare, myself & helene will be arriving in belfast on the friday, partying our little bums off and then off to your delicious couch for a quick nap before more spinny/juggly fun on saturday.
cant wait for the convention!!! im starting to have withdrawl symptoms ... i mean the last convention was tralee in bloody november.

see you all soon bunnies!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin

See you then hug

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
*bump*

4 days to go!

bounce

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
hey guys just posted the show detail of whos performing ect on the other belfast juggling thread....
doc F u and your lovely other halfs passes are ready just ring me when you are on your way and i will give them too you juggle

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
eek3 big sleeps eek

juggle weavesmiley hug beerchug bounce2 bounce bounce clap peace beerchug ubbangel ubbloco weavesmiley bounce2 bounce devil censored censored ubbtickled grouphug bounce2

*deep breath*
meditate ubblove

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
Arggghh ....
quick ....
someone fill me in.... I've just regained intenet after 2 months... just thought I'd loggon to see hello to the manchester lot when I notice that something somewhere is happening in Belfast... which is where I'm going to be this weekend for the first time in 4 four years... ubbrollsmile
is anything happening on sat night??? (says she who cant be bothered to read through all the posts)

Are strange scousers who are trying to escape their overbearing aunts welcolme?????

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

Page: