Page:
taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Hey guys been talking to the wonderful nicky 9balls and the only thing we are waiting on is the permission from Queens uni to use a hall (but theyll say yes......always do) we thought that dec was a good time as it wont clash with the other conventions happening around that time. So is everyone up for it??? juggle juggle I'll keep you posted. hug just got the dates so put the second weekend in Feb in your diaries cos thats when the convention is happening biggrin

Friday February 10th- Sunday February 12th.

Queen's University Student Unions snack bar is where the main part of the convention will take place

It will cost £10 for th weekend

THere will be an evening show, and then an afterparty where there will also be a renegade stage. All acts are nearly confirmed so yeyyyyyyyyy it'll be a great show.

Accommodation is at the Ark Hostel say you are from th econvention and you get £2 per bed

https://www.arkhostel.com/

myself and diana can squeeze afew in our houses so the more the merrier biggrin hug

EDITED_BY: tainted (1137261041)

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yay! there'll be christmas lights clap

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Of course lots of glitter and general sparkles wink (not to mention buckfast, fire, juggling, contortion, trapeze, Burlesque - i think i spelt that wrong and lots of other healthy activities) grouphug peace tongue weavesmiley juggle beerchug ubbloco

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
God i love juggling conventions.

Will there be camping (december brrrr)? Crashing space? Are we all staying at your house? biggrin

Love is the law.

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
I think i just pulled a facial muscle smiling smile

decembers a good time, lots of new presant toys and other such things, Is there a Hostel near bye, or a tropical Archipelago for camping ?

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
....excellent....

bounce

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Written by: tainted

buckfast, fire, juggling, contortion, trapeze, Burlesque - i think i spelt that wrong and lots of other healthy activities)

Now there's a reason to cross the water! Count me in bounce

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
loads of hostels (a really good one is the linin hostel you can rent a room for £10 ) plus im willing to shove as many people into my house as possible wink

imprettylikedrugskicking cucumbers constantly : )
160 posts

Posted:
Fantastic... Thanks for the offer of floorage tainted dear : )

im off to spain some time really soon after this Convention. Any one else find that traveling and adventures always seem to happen together ? or in lumps ?

Today's subliminal thought is : " . ; ..." that is all.

Helen_of_PoiSILVER Member
lapsed spinner
412 posts

Posted:
I was told (too late frown that the Belfast Community Circus were on BBC Northern Ireland last night.

The good news is, it's on again biggrin, on Saturday at 6.30pm on BBC2. The programme is called SRL, and it's an Irish language programme.

There's also a clip on the web on the bbc site Be warned: the "narrowband" clip is actually about Zambia. It's very interesting, but just not the same ubbrollsmile The broadband clip is actually the circus school, but my puny web connection can't cope with it frown

I'll just have to imagine : juggle

Helen_of_Poi

EJC Ireland 2006 Organisational Team

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Yey got conformation and we are all go..... just spent the weekend persuading people to give up there time to perform for free as our budget is really low and we want to hire out the circus school. anywhos keep you all posted.... smile

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I may well pop over and visit as I haven't seen you irish types for awhile and it'll be christmas so a good excuse for a wee holiday - I will invistigate flights . . . how long is it going to be on for (the whole weekend ? any problem if I turn up a little early/leave a little late?) ... ?

Does any else think the word stroke when they type this "/" and then laugh at themselves because they thought the word stroke sounded funny . . . maybe it is just me

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
no course not stay as long as you wish, its gonna run for 3 days??? all info hasnt been confirmed but ill post as soon as i get more

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
righty o....convention is off till january, but the ood news is that we can have the circus school for the entire convention cos its free, free, free ubbrollsmile so its still on but just one month later.... so far i have 2 confirmed hosts (including our own wonderful docF ) a trapeze and fire not to mention juggling (contact, clubs and rings) and loads of comedy bounce2 bounce2 bounce2

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhhhhhhh the convention wheels have started rolling...put the second weekend in feb in your diaries smile been checking out hostels and so far theres two that will offer concession if you mention the convention (more on that as it progresses) still the above acts and theres likely going to be a contortion act as well bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 The mad people behind it this year are myself, Nicky 9balls and his partner in crime Alister......so it should be totally spiffing, wonderful, amazing........well a good excuse to drink, smoke and play ubbloco juggle

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Is it possible to put up confirmed dates for this in the first post.... or is it still up in the air. I'd like to come but I need to book tickets to get over ASAP so they cost less.

Thanks sunny

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
it is confirmed as the second weekend in Feb so thats the 10th....i know the dates were a but messy but that was Queens uni messing us about... but its all sorted now (now i have to actullt start working on it eek)

doctor_fandangoGOLD Member
co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
761 posts
Location: in the corner beside the filing cabinets, 2nd floo...

Posted:
i sent you a pm coleen. when you get it will you let me know what you think. any aditional info you may have in relation to my queries would be much apreciated.
LORDY! that was very profesional sounding. if i didnt know any better i'd swear i was maturing!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Skyewoodnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Howdy!!!

New to the forum my name's Skye! I've never been to a juggling convention before and I think it's about time I started...
Anyway there's a load of jugglers in Dublin that have heard rumours about a Belfast convention on 16th December but we don't know anything about it confused

Was wondering if you could enlighten us??? biggrin

Where, when, can anyone just turn up etc etc

Also I've heard there's a circus school in Belfast but the only website I could find doesn't list any current training or places so I was just wondering if you knew anything bout that as well!

Sorry to pick your brains (not literally!!!)

Any help helpwould be muchly appreciated!

Yours Skye!!! Thanks xxx

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hi there Skye!!

Welcome to Hop and the utterly wonderful spinning community here in Ireland biggrin

We have a small, but friendly group spread all over the island, with lots of great people in Dublin.

Dr Fandango, Fear-Tine and Cloudscape are in Dublin at the mo... Rononpotamus and Flip are in Cork and Offaly. Ado-p is in Limerick.

Faberge and I, and tainted, are in Belfast - and you'd be very welcome to come up to visit sometime.

There's also lots more people who don't post on here... but PM me your email address and I'll let you know about gatherings and suchlike.

As for the Belfast convention... it seems like it's happening in February now... but I'm sure more details will be posted as they become available.

The Belfast circus school runs adult training classes on a wednesday night (from 7-9pm). It costs £3 a night and they mainly focus on circusy-skills - like acrobatics, juggling, trapeze etc.

Not so much spinning, unfortunately... but that's what our gatherings are for biggrin

Take care
Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

761 posts

Posted:
writen by firepoise-
"The Belfast circus school runs adult training classes"

*giggling uncontrollably* hehehehehehe , like , naked classes? hehehehehehe

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
barry!

spank

rolleyes

smut

pffft....

hug

tongue

devil

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Poop, I've just noticed this is on the same weekend as the Swindon meet... Blah.. well thats if I've got the date right 10th-12th Feb?

p.s. you forgot to change the date in the title of the thread.

sunny

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
*Bumpetty Bump*

This is now on the same weekend as they are dipping naked jugglers into chocolate in ....... Hmmmm I was so taken with the idea of naked juggling men being dipped in chocolate I didn't notice where the event was being held ubblol

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
....so is anyone going to bother going to the belfast juggling convention? wink

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

Hope ye've all got it marked in on your calender!

And I hope my back is going to behave it'self this time angry

bounce bounce2 bounce

Ronan

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Was talking to nicky over the weekend... it seems it's going to be fairly informal... think more gathering than convention.

But it'll still be a splendid excuse to get together and spin stuff biggrin

taintedaddict
422 posts

Posted:
no its def going to be a convention as its myself alister AND nickey organising it - not just one person and so we are working hard to keep everyone happy, and spent most of new yrs eve talking about it, but of course its going to be informal i think all conventions are informal and about having fun.... anyway gotta go ring people about the actual show type thing... wink

ado-pGOLD Member
Pirate Ninja
3,882 posts

Posted:
Yup, we'll be there with bells on smile

and poi

and staffs

biggrin

Love is the law.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Are there any details yet.... like cost, places to stay, the hostels offering discount etc. I'd like to come but I need a bit more info before I brave it and book plane tickets

*shudder* I hate planes! ubblol

761 posts

Posted:
*bumpity bump*

hey coleen. i sent you a few messages in relation to my assistance and skillful presence for the belfast convention. if you didnt get them , let me know and we'll work out some other way of comunicating. if you did get them and didnt understand , then let me know i'll pm my mobile number and we can chat. if you did get them and you dont want to talk to me then.. .. erm.. at least have this hug and hug2.

awaiting your response with bated breath.
Barry

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hello Hello!!!

Well everyone, I've finally spoken to Nicky...

Plans are:

Belfast Juggling Convention...

Friday February 10th- Sunday February 12th.

The main event will be held in the Queen's University Student Union.

Cost will be £10...

Plans for evening entertainment aren't quite confirmed... but feck it... we'll be spinning and juggling and there are pubs close by.

Accomodation is being offered at the Ark Hostel (with £2 off if you mention the convention)

Check here: https://www.arkhostel.com/

Lisa and I will be looking after a few peoples... Barry and Helene have already asked... but we can't look after everyone, unfortunately frown

So then... let's make the first gathering of 2006 splendid biggrin biggrin biggrin

grouphug
EDITED_BY: FurryPurple (1137183480)

Page: