Forums > Social Discussion > THings to do when you feel off balance

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
When I am in peace and relatively balanced I have a whole heap of strong positive beleifs about the importance of letting go of the things you cannot control, about cultivating a certain detachment, about keeping myself centered...

then comes stress of any sort, worries about your health, work... anything... and in a way it does not matter wehther it is a "good or valid reason" or not. what matters is taht suddenly i am off balance.

then I try to revive those shining theories I have but suddenly they irritate me because i am not in the realm of the mind, rather in a more animal realm...

like tonight -dang i am finding it hard to sleep wink -

I know the feeling of getting back on track and finding my balance again but i know there are many ways to reach that state again.

I used to count a lot on others to help in that glorious task, but the more I grow the less i beleive in it. I mainly expect from partner and friends to give me that love and safe feeling that i have time and space to be imbalanced and then get balanced again and it is OK by them.

so what do i do ?
quite often I meditate, or just take deep breaths. I certainly think back about the great lessons and events of my life and what i felt right after they occured and try to reconnect with this incredible energy. you know? like after surviving the tsunami i promised myself to never allow gratitude to leave my heart, but i need remindesr sometimes wink
I have even a few texts i wrote to myself that i like to reread to remind myself of things.

so what about you ? what do you do to find your balance ?

with so much love
shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
thank you everyone so muich for your replies smile

One question to you all :

is being off balance a bad thing in your opinion ?
Is balance the ultimate goal , balance and peace. Or do you have completely different ideals ?

very curious and sending you smiles and hugs
Shine on
cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I don't know the answers hun but if you find them let me know. I'mbalanced now but on the wrong side eek

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Hmm.... i wouldn't have called it balance, i don't think....

I guess what I feel and what I demonstrate is that you should live life to the fullest, within reason. (everything in moderation, including moderation... altho not quite tongue !!)

So, in that case balance isn't quite the right thing... because the biggest ups, the biggest downs, those arn't balanced except over the path of the harmonic wave... but they sure are alive!

maybe life is like a harmonic wave....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Written by: Cassandra

One question to you all :

is being off balance a bad thing in your opinion ?

I think it depends on the person.

For me, the way that I define balance, being off balance is a bad thing if I stay there for too long. As you know, I strive off of balance and build from a strong foundation. That's what gives me strength to do things that makes my heart flutter and fly.

But that's a decision that's very personal.

I think there needs to be SOME balance within you. It just depends on whether that is a balance of physical surrounding or a balance of something within you.

Hrm... This might need more words to explain...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
It might nyc... i mean, cass may understand you, but i'm afraid i'm only getting some flickers and it does sound very interesting.....

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Page: