Forums > Social Chat > Winter Blahs (for the canadian folks)

Login/Join to Participate

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
Bleh its winter now, its cold out, theres snow now and im dealing with that seasonal depression thingie... its sucks.. im forced to wear pants and socks and i hate both. i want to go spin but weather just does not permit..

i dont like being cold..

any ideas.. (yes yes i know people have posted about this but owell)

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
No snow here, yet. We actually had a beautiful day yesterday, but I spun at a party last night and then it started raining like the Lord Himself was re-thinking that whole covenant thing.

I miss California.

It'll get cold here soon enough. The question is whether we'll get snow. We used to get piles and piles of snow here. We could go cross-country skiing on the lakes.

Now the ground turns brown and grey and it rains sometimes and hovers around just above freezing. Sometimes, we get a few cm's of snow, but it melts away soon enough and it's all grey and brown again.

My view is "be thou either hot or cold." If we're going to have a Winter, then let's have a winter! Let's have snow! Piles of it!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
i feel ya. i just moved from B.C. to montreal and its cold here. theres already been like 3 days of snow. where im from if you want snow you go up the mountain and snowboard, then when you come home at 4 you can go out and sk8board the rest of the day. i dont think im going to like the winter here. and ive been told by many people that any fasion statement you might want to make, throw it out the window cuz its gonna be COLD. uhhhhhh *shivers*

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
i feel ya. i just moved from B.C. to montreal and its cold here. theres already been like 3 days of snow. where im from if you want snow you go up the mountain and snowboard, then when you come home at 4 you can go out and sk8board the rest of the day. i dont think im going to like the winter here. and ive been told by many people that any fasion statement you might want to make, throw it out the window cuz its gonna be COLD. uhhhhhh *shivers*

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I live in BC and all we are fucking getting is rain, rain, and you guessed it, more rain. tho the mushrooms will be out in full force soon As for not going and spinning in the snow, PUSSY, that is what i will be doing all winter, but then again, we don't have your -30 weather so, ha ahahaha. MOVE TO BC, and smoke up. that always helps the snow seem fluffier

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach