Forums > Social Chat > krill lights suck my bum

Login/Join to Participate

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
well, after a 10 week wait, i finally got my set of krill lights. i was super exctied, until i turned them on. the led was nice and bright, but the "glow stick" part was waaaay less powerful than even cheap glowsticks. the first time i spun them, the kept going out, because the centripital force pushed the batteries away from the closest connection point. i had to put those squishy earplugs under the spring in the bottom connection point to prevent it. i used them in a performance last night and they were pretty good. then someone borrowed them and smacked them together (not terribly hard either) and the LED in one of them broke. Now these things are supposed to be able to light a small area and be able to withstand a drop of 50ft (maybe into jello or something). considering that two of them came to $100 canadian, they were a shit deal. i would strongly urge anyone not to buy these. caveat emptor.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
DB..between this and the whip incedent we are all learning alot but damn...can't you think of a way to come about this without the money or flesh expenditure???:PThanks, again, for another noteworthy heads up.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
it's all a learning experience. unfortunately, the lessons i learn deal in pain or finances. i'm sure there's an underlying pattern behind it all. the fingers are doing better, btw, but will be a while before they stop hurting and look normal again. hell, they'll probably never look normal again. c'est la vie.------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
I'm with DB..several of us local schmoes bought a few pairs of these things for poi purposes and we've all been disappointed. Mine broke as did my friend's, after not hitting them all that hard, even. We also had the same problem with them blinking out while swinging. Skip these; get yourself some nice Photons LEDs if you want some nice bright, durable lights.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
as you can imagine, them being dropped from a height of 50 ft and smaking the stationary ground at about30 MPH, is alot different than bieng spun and colliding with the other stick, the gorund, or a wall travelling in excess of 90-100 MPH.I agree with protozoa. I ordered a set of Blue photons, with permanent "on" buttons for 14 bucks a piece from a friend of mine (his dad owns a toy store) and they are bright as hell. But they are a little on the light side.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain