KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I was just thinking....

In juggling it'd have to be the kid from carson city in the white.... anyone who was perhaps at Lodi know who I am talking about?

Double staff? Gallagah. Rob Heart is good, but.... I dunno, mebbe I'm just crazy.

Poi? Glass. He's nuts. Also the crazy kid from Arcata who was "having a bad day"

Contact Jugglig? Owen, but there's other people who's names i just don't know.

Single staff? Hitokage. (who i notice has radomly started postig again??!)

and Lapaire can be my three-section inspiration cause ur just cool (and i doubt ur reading this- but if u r then email me!)

as a person .... pele!!

thoughts from other people?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So many people! I think that if I choose to include you in my life on a voluntary basis, you must inspire me in some way.

Who inspires me? People who actively seek the limits of their abilities by continually pushing the envelope. People who can be counted on to keep their word. People who love being alive and see it as a blessing. People who have found a passion in life and are actively seeking it. People who haven't found a passion in life and have made a passion of actively seeking their passion.

A lot of the people on this board inspire me, many of my classmates inspire me, most fellow spinners inspire me, people who have something to share inspire me, people who have chosen to devote their lives to working with other people, whether as artists, teachers, healers, or helpers.

You inspire me, Kyri. Your zest for life, your quest for experiences, your wide-eyed wonder at the world around you.

I could start listing people, but then I'd leave someone off and they'd feel left out. If you inspire me, then you know that you do on some level (hint: give yourself the benefit of the doubt).

Inspiration is everywhere, you just have to realize it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Marcus, my friend from Austin inspires me to new heights of frustration and anger

Avandra, from Waco, inspires me in belly dancing.

Lisa, also known as Terras Ember, also from Austin, inspires me in poi. She got me into it, and I praise her to this day.

Everybody that I speak with from HoP, has inspired me in life in general. You guys make me feel so much better when I start getting depressed.

My parents inspire me in so many ways. The fact that they are so willing to help me in my pursuit of poi and all the other crazy things I get into, is totally inspiring.

There are so many other people that inspire me, that I couldn't name all of them, even if I had forever and a day to do so.
and

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
as far fire arts go, there are some wicked guys/girls at my local fire circle that inspire me, but inspiring me as far as overal life, thats where the rubber meets the road so to speak, i have a very close friend who inspires me, his name is greame we met in grade 6, He is blind in one eye, if he cops one good hit to the head he will go completly blind, has seliacs disease, doesnt know his dad, his mum is always sick, his little sister is phyco (legally), he gow up in extreamly low social ecconomic condistions, when he was a kid he was in and out of hospital with his eye so much it took him two years to do grade 5 and 3 years to do grade 6. now i know he had it bad (undoubtable others have have it worse) But the way greame has just kept trying is increadible, he is an inspiration to me because dispite all this he is carving out and existance and doing the best he can, he rarely complans, and doesnt let his sick body or circumstances stop him. even though i have typed of ages and i cant really discribe to you the kind of person greame is so you'll probably have to take my word for it!

oh yeah i say all this in a completly non gay way

It's all good

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Melinda ("Blue") because i don't even have my fans yet...

Andrew because he's so flexi, it's sick...

K, because he has such a friendly helpful attitude...

Amy (not that blonde Amy, the other blonde Amy), because she's so strong and feminine when she spins...

Doug, because he really really loves it...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Magnusmember
279 posts

Posted:
Avril Lavigne.

Magnus... pay it forward

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
lol... she doesn't inspire u! u just want to sh@g her!

well saying that dont we all!

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I know it's a little bit sad - but my Mum inspires me..

She is a little mixture of Dame Judy Dench and Delia Smith (cooks better in my opinion)

My mum has the patients to put up with me.. what more can I say?

She inspires me so much because she always puts other peoples feelings in front of her own - she is always nice to people and always sympathises with all.. she's just a lovely, lovely person.. it's just a shame I only realsed it now she is the other side of the world.. just over a month and a bit I'll be in Africa with her! yippee!!

But firey stuff - all people inspire me.. Newbies for their enthusiasm.. er Glass and Dom for thier crazy ass gravity defying stuff.. Durbs for having a smooth stylie that I'll never work out. Keith for being lovely Keith and Ronnie coz he keep me sane and burns my boobs by asskident

[ 12. November 2002, 05:24: Message edited by: MisStix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix:
I know it's a little bit sad - but my Mum inspires me..

That's not sad, that's awesome!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
although this little dude doesn't look that embarressed..

It's taken me 26 years to appriciate her.. but now I do.

Anyone that is having major problems with their mother - stop and think how similar you actually really really are... it's scary - but that is why I spent year hating her - coz I am exactly like her and now I'm really proud to say so.. (god I miss her)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thank you Kyrian. I am honoured.

As for me, I am inspired by anyone that challenges me. I thrive on living up to challenges. Every challenge that I face has somehow enriched my life. I find the ability to challenge others very awe inspiring.

In performing....

I am inspired greatly by Chris (Djinn) of FireWorks Dance Co. Everytime I get off the phone with him my mind seems to race in so many directions I don't know where to go first.

Jim Greene, Maria Wechsler and Barb Geary are my producer and directors on the Dickens show I am currently rehearsing for. Every year I walk away, not only with a more complete character, but as a more complete person in so many ways. They really blow my mind.

Denise "Dehka" Scott. I could watch her bellydance for hours. She has confidence, grace and passion that moves me.

In life....

Malcolm Crawshay. His generousity, kindness, friendship and creativity knows no bounds. I aspire to care about others and to create wonder just as he does.

My son Noah. He inspires me to do better, be more and look at the world with his endless curiousity and magical revelations.

My Grandmother. Her love, her caring, her zeal for life, her (grand)parenting....I have always admired her. She is my inspiration in whatever relationships I enter into and most of all as a parent.

As a writer, there are more than I could list for many reasons.
I think inspiration comes to us through many ways and through many people. I am just really happy when I am aware of it enough to not only recognize the inspiration, but to put it to good use as well.
I like this topic! Thanks for starting it sweetie!

[ 12. November 2002, 12:51: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
walks in
read the thread
cricky
thanks kyrian
blushes and sneaks back out

ZoltarBRONZE Member
Beginner
282 posts

Posted:
Yeah MisStix,

Not sad.... it rocks

So much fire, so little body hair...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
When it comes to Poi and Staff... Pozee is my fire/glowstick mentor. Though he was not my introducer to the arts of poi he was my first light and has since helped me surpass my introducer hehe. I am still trying to get that guy to spin some fire!!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I tend to be inspired by people that I would like to be like. I myself have never had a clue as to who I am, so I focus on who I would like to become. I'm inspired by people I relate to and respect. There are many people I emulate, unfortunately, most of the people I find inspiring are fictional. Here's the short list:

Pele, for her undying and boundless passion, her love for life, her graceful demeanor and her unique perspectives on everything

Socrates, shabbily dressed, always barefoot, physically tough with a courageous battle record, and yet obsessed with the search for the just, true and good in life

Wolverine, aka Logan, he's a loner, a violent and haunted soul and sometimes a real jerk, but he has Honor, Determination and Nobility, and I like that

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Cool replies everyone.... ur welcome, Pele and Glass.

And thank you, mike....thank you very much

Peace & Love, Kyri

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'll keep it to spinning. A lot of people inspire me, from beginners randomly flinging poi about who give me random new ideas, to the spinning wonders out there I can learn off and chat through ideas from.

And often I don't learn that many new moves off inspirational people, instead they inspire me with their enjoyment, stlye, ideas and what-not and then I'm inspired to play with lots of new things myself.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've deliberated over this for a while now . . .

Spinning wise:
PK, Tempest, Glass, Kato, Noona, Dom, Pyrophile, Nix?, Bassman, Spiral, DizzyBird, Orange, Gordie, $y, Flash Fire.

In life:
The Levellers, Malcolm, Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, David Baddiel, Frank Skinner, Kevin Smith, Liam Finnigan (sp), James Box, my parents, my brother, Gordie, Great Big Sea, Luke Kelly.

In so many different and amazing ways (i'm discovering more all the time)not just staff and poi. But so many other things - Fluffy Napalm Fairy.

Meh