pureenergymember
17 posts

Posted:
Hey people, just wanted to say hi. I'm new to this board, and to poi. Been going at it for about 4 days now, got most of the basic stuff down..i'm going in order on the lesson list and i can do everything up to chasing the sun so far. Anyways how's it going?! Hey i do have a question though..when you are done with a routine or whatever how do you end it? most of the time i just stop swinging and let gravity do it's thing, but i was thinking there had to be a better way than that. Talk to yas laterHugs and plur,matt------------------All that AND a bag of chips?!? Now that's a deal!

All that AND a bag of chips?!? Now that's a deal!

KTmember
54 posts

Posted:
Welcome and enjoy matt, once you start theres no way you'll go back! when i end a routine i let gravity do its thing like you, with a couple of random spins to finish it off and put them out if they're not already...blahhdy blah. yay the fire scene is expanding!! happi twirling, kt smile

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Welcome PureEnergy! smileWell I some times let gravity do its thing but, when on fir its a bit diffrent. Near the end you can slow things down so the flams won't go out, or you can speed it up so the ambers will glow! I like variating speed. After all it is a Fire Dance, right, and not a Fire Race winkBut at the end of a show I speed things up as fast as I can. (Have you ever had a stick on fire, at a campfire, and twerled it around, It looks kind of like that) most of the time i do a kind of O-LAY Finish grin By spinning around right, and at the last moment turn left and slap the ground with my poi on my right, (like a bull fighter) tongue Lots of sparks and ambers fly, and it is a high energy, climaxed finish.I know what you are saying KT It seems in the last four years I have been doing this It is getting huge Now in the past year. But its all good, I have learned alot from the new folks and I am Happy they are here smile[This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 12 April 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!