• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Volcanogrrl
BRONZE Member since Apr 2001

Total posts: 9
Posted:Hi all,I'm a newbie and have some questions regarding length of your cables/chains/whatever. I've been using the old standard "arm's length" rule, but I notice in some of the videos and etc that the cables people use seem to be much longer. Is this an optical illusion? What are your preferences and why? your input is much appreciated.
Non-Https Image Link

I do all my own stunts...

Delete Topic

TheCleaner

Total posts: 23
Posted:I "learned" with the shorter arm-length, now however I find that the longer are the choice. I think you have more control with the short, but can later apply that to longer chains/strings etc.[This message has been edited by TheCleaner (edited 09 April 2001).]

Delete

Pele
BRONZE Member since Dec 2000

Pele

the henna lady

Total posts: 6193
Posted:I use shorter than arm length for speed and inside moves, they have more versitility. The long ones are about 5 feet long and have grace and style..good for wrapping.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

KT

Total posts: 54
Posted:my cable length is just a wee bit longer than my arm lenght and for me this is perfect, shorter ones are faster, and longer ones are more graceful as pele said. mine are inbetween (for me)

Delete

tcw

Total posts: 6
Posted:i use a bit over arms length becasue arms length isnt enough to wrap over my fat legs

Delete

Endangered Sanity

Total posts: 164
Posted:It's funny, everyone says that shoter ones go faster... but i find that i can go faster using long ones than i can with short ones...weird.

Delete

Posted:hey endangered,I think ppl mean the poi do reps faster...not that the actual poi are travelling faster (linear velocity)I agree with both.(-rotation is faster with short, linear is faster with long)hope this clears something up,Josh

Delete

Endangered Sanity

Total posts: 164
Posted:Yeah, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up

Delete

Thistle

Thistle

old hand

Total posts: 950
Posted:Short for indoors, clubs etc. longer for outside (so long they hit the ground on open weave). Extra long when I'm on my stilts, need loads of room though.One love, Thistlefirepixie
Non-Https Image Link

Are we nearly there yet?

Delete