[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
you know what cranes are? arashi does i know.

can you do them split time???

I cant.
its anoying because when atom is in the other form its better splitime, and when i transition to the crane it has to move same time unles i weave it.

T wave

p.s. if you dont understand any of this post, dont worry, im in the process of writing something much less cryptic, this is just research.. wink

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
hybrid moves would be split time crane?

confused2

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
yes, please a bit less cryptic as I would like to know as well what exactely cranes are supposed to be, to look like!?!

quote simian: hybrid moves=split time crane? confused

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
how do hybrid moves = split time crane??? (EDIT: HA.. I suppose you could do a longarm circle and and isolated circle and keep it split time and same direction.. but does the path till make a same direction butterfly or is it just two planes next to each other?)

cranes are a ssame direction butterfly in whihc the first poi leads during the first half of the cricle and the second poi leads in the second half.. you cna have that change of lead with anything but same time.. and... I thought this was a specifc play on the samedirection butterfly.. because a same direction butterfly has to be sametime doesnt it.. infact hit has to be perect time or it tangles.. whihc is where cranes come in because in addition to the cool variation that lead to, they allow you a lot more leeway in doing that same direction butterfly so that it doesnt -have- to be perfect time..

I could be wrong.. I usually am about cranes.. where's arashi when you need him wink
EDITED_BY: Rev (1126366400)

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
The crane i was taught was a same direction butterfly. I tried doing it in splittime but it didnt work and tangled a lot. Looks lovely isolated tho, well, from what i saw of Oli attempting to isolate it smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
split time crane results in an airwrap doesn't it?

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
lol... cranes are just same direction butterflies with the catch that you have to change the poi that leadsduring each half of the circle.. so righ tleads half.. left leads the other half... each circle.. its useless in itself but is useful for transitions where you need to change the lead poi in less than 180 degrees.. at least thats been my take..

a split time same direction butterfly will get the poi to twist around each other.. they only airwrap if you take it between the hands.. but since both poi are spinning a plane that is outside both hands.. they twist not tangle..

I could be wrong but splittime same direction butterflies fall flat on the principle that you cant make the butterfly x spltitime same direction without one string crossing the path of the other string.. now you do have leeway to do a splittime pass through a same direction butterfly.. meaning that you can go from a spltiitime move into a samedirection butterfly into another splittime move.. but you have to time it extrememly well so that the time you spend in the samedirection butterfly is less that 180 degrees (+/- any leeway you can create through crossovers, isolations,and whatnot.. )

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
yea i dont think cranes work in split time either, you have to antispin one or let them twist and you end up doing same direction split time thread the needle or a tangle not a same direction butterfly.. or at least thats my take on it. depends on what the official definition of crane is i suppose.

on a slight off topic note.. (thansk beth for reminding me i was trying this smile...) i cant isolate my cranes either, i can get about one beat and then my arms seem to need to pass through each other :o so can anyone isolate them,?

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

ma'tinaBRONZE Member
multiplex
611 posts

Posted:
@rev: I think arahi fell into a 100 year long sleep after being on a 2 month trip all around the world, europe....visiting loads of ubbloco poiers!!!

- Ho Sa -
kisses & peace & love to beautiful madges
*rever le temps le prendre*

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
the reason you cant isolate one oli is because the planes.. instead of the poi alone spinning their orbits (thought different) from the same point (roughly).. in the isolation the isoalted poi path runs into the same pproblems as splittime.. because you have part of the orbit taken up by the hand and the other by the poi head.. (same with the other side.. ) so its like spinning two sets of split time same time.. and defaults back to the you cant spin it splittime..

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yes to all the above (i think)

isolating... gimmee some time to play with that to really answer your question. sorry but i am swamped trying to get my life back on track...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
the reason I think the iso doesn t work is because you hands have to the switching at top and bottom that the poi heads do at top and bottom..and I think it runs into a problem whne your left hand is near and the left poi is far and you try to cross through the poi body that connects them with another poi body.. and if you manage to situate it so the poi bodies dont collide, your arms do..

now maybe I'm wrong.. and this is like antipsinwhere people thought you couldnt do that without hitting either.. but I'm pretty sure that it will hit..

RicheeBRONZE Member
HOP librarian
1,841 posts

Posted:
Same direction butterflies??

What you are talking about?

Isnt Buttefly opposite?

What?,

You meen Opposite Atoms right, gotta check the forum smile,

:R
EDITED_BY: Richee (1126795433)

POI THEO(R)IST

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
maybe think of it like this richee..

you got butterfly and then two subsets of that are:

normal butterflys which can be done in any timing but poi go opposite directions.

cranes which are same direction and only work in same time.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
cranes arent just same direction butterflies.. cranes were a technique by whihc you led through the circle with one poi and then led through the second half of the cricle with the other poi.. its a move that can only be applied to same direction butterflies (and by consequence same direction atoms) but it is not simpy a same direction butterfly.. that can be done without crane-ing... whihc is why arashi got confused that we were treating them the same..

*caps are not shouting.. but more of facetious sarcasm.. hahah caps.. not RAR caps..*

richee- I LOATHE the term same direction butterfly.. because for me butterfly signifies the opposite direction movement.. nothing more.. BUT I LOATHE the term parlell weave more..

you see the pattern.. DOESNT FRICKIN WEAVE.. so thus I dont see how anyone can call it a parallel but they do.. and that's cool I suppose.. but the rest of us are stuck calling it a samedriection butterfly by default.. because it is paradoxically.. exactly that.. if you take the pattern butterfly.. (not the signification of the term butterfly, as used in butterfly weave and butterfly buzzsaw and other such butterfly moves) you get a really flat opposite direction atom.. which is why looking down on a butterfly gives you an x.. the right poi does \ and the left poi does /... asame direction butterfly makes that same pattern.. the right poi does \ and the left poi does /... and if you do it perfect sametime, then the poi wont tanlge.. and thus spin the butterfly pattern, only same direction..