Posted:
Hey folks, I'm trying to negotiate a gig in templebar during the dublin fringe festival. I need two to three others to agree to meet at 21:00 in Templebar on Monday 12th to spin from 22:00 to 23:00. The gig is 50euro between hopefully five people. Anyone interested please call me on 086 3567512 as soon as possible because i need to met with the fringe office saturday with details.
happy trails.
liam.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Please tell me i have read this wrong.....

Fifty euros is like fourty quid right? between five people for an hours work. dude thats more like slave labour!!

Is it fire or glow, cause if its fire then they are going to need insurance to perform.... and anyone who has paid for insurance isnt going to want less than a tenner!!!

Parrafin costs paid on top then? i hope so..

I dont think that selling five people for an hours work is good or really acceptable. I am a performer and really dude you have just highligted one of our biggest problems, people doing cool stuff for peanuts or drinks... If u do this gig, then how can a fire troupe then go and try and charge them £110 and hour or even a evening per person? it just cuts us out completly... and im pretty sure that is around the going rate.

Your spinning over the space of an hour in around fiteen minute sets right? cause if your spinning for like the whole hour, its going to loose its effect and wow factor, unless of course your bringing on like a billion different props?

If i were u, i would seriously reconcider your offer for the club, maybe fifty euros for yourself for fifteen minutes, certainly no less!!

LEt me know your thoughts! and let us know if anyone joins you... i would hope that no one will.

please tell me if you think what i am saying is out of order!!

cheers

passing through, this world still lives.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
ditto

Firepoise? Comments? smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Id agree with Durbs who agrees with Frodo who diss-agrees with Consul To The Monkey Hordes on that one....................

smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hi there Liam... wave

I don't think we've met yet... are you friends with any of the Dublin spinners?

Anyways, like the lads were saying, 50 euros is FAR beneath the usual price for fire performance and 'undercutting' the usual rate is really rather unfair for the people who are trying to make a living at this in this country.

The cost of insurance and paraffin are two considerations... as is the length of performance, number of performers, travel expenses etc.

Is the routine choreographed? Will you be supplying music? If so, how? Temple bar has noise restrictions too.

This may all seem a bit excessive, but the more people doing sub-standard performance, the more difficult it is for the people trying to make this work.

There are people here spending 24hours a day making costumes, choreographing routines, building contacts and setting up a business - it's hard work biggrin

Lol, anyways, maybe I'm totally wrong and just interpreted this incorrectly... please clarify or at least send me a PM.

Thanks, and you should come to some of our meets... we'll be out at Tara in a couple of weeks (hopefully) - you should meet all the other spinners!!

Take care
Clare x

Getting to the other side smile

Posted:
yeah you guys are completely right. [censored] it. I'll try for more or not bother...thanks for the advise.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
good to hear man... good to hear,

have a chat with claire (firepoise) and she will hopefully give you some good ideas!

passing through, this world still lives.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
biggrin

Thanks Mister Frodo hug

And hope to see you soon Liam x

Getting to the other side smile