Forums > Social Chat > Annoying Spam sourced from HoP

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I just got this , the old I have loads of money but can't get to it email..... how annoying is that .. has anyone else had this ?

"My darest. How was your today? i believe it was fine.i wont to your profile at homeofpoi.com and i becomr intrested with love .I want to explain myself in a humble manner, i am miss Ullia Ndoh, 22 years old girl from Ivory cost (Abidjan Capital) , daughter to late Dr David Ndoh once minister and also a politician in Ivory cost, who was later killed during the problem in Ivory cost with my only brother and render many homes homeless," etc.....

goldenchild_321newbie
1 post

Posted:
this girl emailed me a pic of her too. she says she liked my profile from this other website that im on called the-scholars. at that website we talk about the 3 kingdoms. the thing is, i never made a profile there. if yall wanna see it, let me know.

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

To be honset, I'm quite jealous I get no spam from "women"...

All I get is offers to extend parts of my anatomy...

Really??? I used to get emails telling me I can extend my anatomy too!! (does anyone else see a problem with this?)

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
I get 'extend your penis' emails too!! I have to delete about 3 spam emails like that a day! i wish they'd just take the hint that i dont have enough money to invest in extending my penis at this particular time.

I havent had any problem at all with spam emails from homeofpoi people. The only thing email i had was

'Hi steph,
music lov and poi?
i like too but i like staffing.
not poi.

i m tonmoy.student.& lov to fall in lov .
but theres a trazedy.no body lov me for a long time.
know why?cause i can convince a girl at the first impression.
but after passing a few time with her i become hopeless.
there is some thing in girls ,that i can't understand.
i never can;t.
but friendship with girl?
in this sector im lucky.
i can understand them.
so r u agree to make friend ship with me????????

Tonmoy '

no idea what that was all about....

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Poor old tom wink

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
This is what oyu get when you put your email addy on a public forum Stroo wink

Also putting pictures of you looking pretty in your gallery will be a factor....

Meh

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Apparently they are back at it...

I just got one through the pm function from a joykon saying she's a widow on the ivory coast and has 6 million for me if I'll just e-mail her back.

How annoying.

KittyKillenthusiast
365 posts

Posted:
this would make it my 23rd one lol

Have you ever notice that poi is spelled backwords on the key board.............................................creepycool

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
 Written by: spritie

Apparently they are back at it...

I just got one through the pm function from a joykon saying she's a widow on the ivory coast and has 6 million for me if I'll just e-mail her back.

How annoying.

yep, I got a HomeOfPoi PM as well from mrs Joy, telling me I'm her "chosen partner" redface
 Written by: Joy Kone

Dear chosen partner,

In brief I am Mrs. Joy Kone from Ivory Coast. I am a widow being that I lost my husband. My husband was a serving director of the Cocoa exporting board until his death . He was assassinated by the rebels following the political uprising.

Before his death he made a deposit of Six Million USA Dollars ($6,000,000.00)here in Cote d\' Ivoire in security company .This fund he intended to buy a cocoa processing machine. I want you to help me for us to retrieve this fund and transfer it to your account in your country or any safer place as you will be the beneficiary and recipient of the fund .

I have plans to do investment in your country, like real estate and industrial production. This is my reason for writing to you. Please if you are willing to assist me and my only son Francis,indicate your interest in replying soonest.

Thanks and best regards .
Mrs.Joy Kone

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm honored to be her chosen partner... wink

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Yep, I just got that PM too rolleyes

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Fine_Rabid_Dog

To be honset, I'm quite jealous I get no spam from "women"...

All I get is offers to extend parts of my anatomy...

i get those too, and i dont even have a meat truncheon ubblol

i got a chain letter forwarded from a friend once that had stories of people who hadn't forwarded the email.

i think one lost her husband and her job and committed suicide, another got hit by a 16 wheeler truck...

needless to say i deleted it straight away, im not going to send threats like that to my friends!

so i sent a nice email back stating that i didnt want to recieive any mail from her in the future unless she had written it and was worth my time reading. ubblol

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I got that one as well. However, I'm quite tempted to do the wind up others have done in the past and string them along. Just make a new free email account just to wind them up. mmm... thinking about how I can annoy them and string them on. This is the small evil side in me coming out. devil

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Dude, yer gonna be freakin' rich!

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yup got the same one and told God (aka Malcolm).

i wasnt aware that the political situation in the coffee dealing world was so cut-throat! ubblol

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by :pricklyleaf

This is the small evil side in me coming out. devil

nice wink

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
The Lin111 account lasted a grand total of about 4hrs from registration to banning. In that time they sent 40 PM's all exactly the same and I think mainly to the UK-based HoPpers. I wonder how on earth they think they're gonna get away with it or get anything useful out of it either, but maybe most other places aren't as on to it as everyone here! shrug

Thanks to everyone who reported it so we could close the account down promptly. hug

George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
But, But, but... She Loves me!!!

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
ubblol perhaps love is blind... really *really* blind..

not that we dont love you too ed smile

i also got one too.. and im not uk based.. may have just been aimed at random-frequent-posting-persons

speaking of the uk-based hoppers.. see you in 49days.. or thereabouts bounce

hug

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
haha i just got this....

"AWARD NOTIFICATION!!! Your email address has won(One Million Dollar)in Microsoft approved free internet lottery held in Netherlands. Reply only to:

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: