Forums > Social Chat > ergh...application forms..

Login/Join to Participate

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i'm currently looking for a job. anyone who's ever looked for a job (most of you, then) will know how mind numbing and soul destroying it can be...

its not the looking thats getting me down. its not even the lack of replies. its the application forms and more specifically the blagging on application forms. i'm not very good at it. i know that pretty much everyone else who is applying for the same jobs will be talking themselves up but...i just can't bring myself to do it. its vile. really really vile. is that normal? when will i get over it? does anyone need a secretary? *cry*

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
You can be my secretary, and organise me something proper.

Alas, I can only pay you in victoria sponge.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Keep at it Loz. I'm cheating by applying on-line for all my jobs. hug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
i'm doing half and half. technology hasnt really hit hastings as yet, but its beginning to sneak its way in over eastbourne way.

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
i know a Hoper who has lied to get his last few jobs... I mean right out said he could do stuff he knew nothing about... BUT hes so good that he figures it out quickly and provides the company with results... Its not being dishonest ... its more like stretching the truth...

I reckon if you know that you can get the job done then you should do whatever is nessecary other than killing the other people applying...

its good to learn to big yourself up, just dont get a big head

drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
She got a job biggrin

And near me too smile

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Aimée hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Congratulations Aimée? I didn;t get the job! Lovely Laurel did!

jcrsGOLD Member
the floor is a sea of tigers...
404 posts

Posted:
you think selling yourself during the job application process is evil? try doing that as a job in itself, that's what I had/have to do as a freelancer.

basically it all boils down to "if i can't do it now, i'll find some way to get it done (learn or outsource)" but to the client/employer it should sound like "i can deliver".

and yeah, as dromepixie was saying, sell yourself, just don't believe the bs that you might have to end up spouting about yourself to get the job.