L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Well .. basiacaly what exactly is a wrist wrap and how would one do it.. Basicaly lol! biggrin weavesmiley

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:

edit - woohoo, I get an A* for not actually reading properly and thinking this thread was about waist wraps wink
EDITED_BY: TheBovrilMonkey (1126010392)

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
A Wrist wrap is where you wrap the chain around your wrist (preferrably without getting it twisted as that makes it hard to unwrap)...then you flick your wrists int he opposite direction to unwrap them.

I do a lot of body wraps and find wrist wraps are the hardest to control as it is a smaller wrap surface and the chains tend to tangle a lot which results in a number of burns (wrists are also hard to protect) and scarring.

I have a pretty chain type scar round my right wrist from one such wrap gone wrong...be careful with it....

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

IcerSILVER Member
just a shadow of my former self...
205 posts

Posted:
good link dragon7, i found that site gave me alot more ideas on how to incorporate wraps. i echo what fenixfyre says too, wrist wraps can be hazardous, although i find them not too hard to control, but wrists are very hard to protect, i have a scar on one wrist right now which very much resembles a 'quick link'.

theres lots of ways in which to wrap poi around your wrist, so you couldnt really explain how to do 'wrist wraps', other than, "wrap them around your wrist". i find its best to experiment and practice. watch as many videos as you can and that should give you some ideas about what is possible.

hope i have made sense, had abit too much coruba tonight.

It took a while, but once their numbers dropped from 50 down to 8, the other dwarves started to suspect Hungry.

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
I found glowstringing videos an excellent source for wrap inspiration plus there's a definitive wrap thread somewhere around here, and that's worth a look too. You won't catch me trying full string wraps with chains though, because that's led to a few scars like FenixFyre redface

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
thanks.. buuuuttt.. now i need to by some chains.. i always bye pattery powered glow sticks (sooo much better than chemis tho they do shatter on a hard impact) they are from walmat.. (giggle wally world i like to call it) only 2.50 USD and those come with their own shrings that are just the right size.. hmm maybe i could??

StoutBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,872 posts

Posted:
Loser, are you talking the Garity brand glow sticks? Those are what I play with and I find a few wraps of clear packing tape around the outside of the sticks prevents them from shattering

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
yeah those i love em .. Meh i think it dosen't look as cool as without but i don't really care they are cheep cheep cheep

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
i have been starting to use two poi in one hande and i found you can get and easy transitions from infront of you to the back when the poi wrap my wrist

are you gonna drink that?