Page:
DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Unemployed too much time... smile

backward spin right hand go to quadruple spin position just before where you bring your elbow to the front and unwind. At this point you should be holding the staff behind your head with your knuckles pointing forward and palm facing ground.

Stop here. Put your left hand BTB at left hip with plam facing sky. Drop from right hand and catch in left. They should be opposit it each other (your hands).

Know do this put don't stop spinnning....so continuous spin....learn is slowly.

When you come out of this with the left hand I find it easiest to exit pinky leading....(single shotgun if you will).

Once you can do this do it the opposite way with opposite spin flicking from left hand up to right. As you do this try to feel the force. Do try do it, just do it....do you think that's air your breathing etc... wink

Important points....flick it up with your fingers....and catch it with right hand facing palm down....not up... smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Oi got afew last night. Got more drops tho frown

Managed to get both ways! The force grab is sooo hard to catch tho, my hand is never long enough wink I can only get my hand just past my sholder, and for some reason, when i catch it and go back into reverse, i always drop it! ubbloco

Caz said when you throw you should hold the staff perfectly in the middle, or its on and angle when it goes up and is harder to catch. I dont know because I cant see it shrug

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
When I do it I have my top hand on the middle of my neck. The bottom hand should be directly below it....

If you're having problems keep practising without the stick spinning...horizontal...just keep flicking up and catching and then dropping with gravity...

When in doubt feel the force dude... ubblol

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
I demand a video!

....Please? biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i wonder if u could do it with two sticks maybe going into a cross or maybe one going up and one going down
hmm i will have to go and experiment in a minuite with this

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
So you're dropping it right? Surely it would be more of a jedi use of the force if you threw it up to a bth catch from btb?

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
isn't that what he meant?

oh well i've been doing it like that anyway, i just thought it wouldn't be jedi dropping it

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Oh you're right. Now I feel sheepish.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i think he said to do it both ways like alternating so u flick it up with one hand and drop it with the other, it is just about possible with two but u have to keep a bit of distance between the two horisontaly if u see what i mean then throw one drop the other and move you hands to the right position to catch them, u see?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Well. It would be far more Jedi to just let go of the staff and have it spin on its own... oh no wait, that's just contact... wink

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
ubblol

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Well. It would be far more Jedi to just let go of the staff and have it spin on its own... oh no wait, that's just contact...

Jedi by the HOP definition perhaps..... this however is real jedi. Feel the force! cool

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yeah it's quite hard. I got distracted by practising antti style throws once I started, and other BTH catches that club spinners do.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*cough*video*cough*

Seriously, retards (aka, me biggrin ) Don't much understand such twirliful written nonesense!

biggrin

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I think i understand, but find it easier to throw up on both sides...

i.e spin, throw up, spin other side, throw up. (please note this is not what I do after a drinking session ubblol)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

JediDaleBRONZE Member
5 posts

Posted:
Greetings From 127 miles from BRC!
Thats "Black Rock City" home of Burning Man!
Reno, Nevada.
Can you video the Jedi Force Grab?
Thank You Very Much! - Jedi Dale Of Reno

JediDale@sbcglobal.net

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I will try video it but I have no camera so no promises... it's quite simple really... in theory...

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i like this smile but it's hard

i do a similar doubles swappy thing with both sticks held horizontal in front of me (wallplane).
One hand high (and close in to body), one hand low and (stretched away from the body).
Throw and drop the staffs at the same time so they swap, with the drop on the inside and the throw on the outside.

fancy trying to btb-ing it, mr soulsheep? i reckon it could look preeeeeciousssssss....

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Cool idea dude, I'll put it on the to do list as I don't get the force grab all time yet...

Josh and I figure the simpler version top to bottom would be a sweet move to split from both in one hand to 2 in 2 hands by dropping one to the other hand and double shot gunning the other...

I can't do it yet but it's another idea to play with.... smile

Another nice doubles move is the do the drop from top to the bottom while throwing the other stick... smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ahhh... feeling the jedi force now.....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Dude! I still havnt nailed it with one staff! Stix would be mental!

I have the video we shot but we ran out of tape! I did capture a little bit of it tho... I just need a host cause spymac is down frown

I'll put a clip up in here sooner or later...

Your right tho, in "theory" its not that hard, its a simple throw from your hip btb and a catch bth... are you catching palm up or palm down? Cause i remember you doing both and i was thinking palm up is near impossible!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
palm up is not impossible....I just think it looks a little untidy because it goes passed your hand and drops....not much "jedi force" if the stick don't slap into your palm with immense satisfaction....
can be fun dropping btb then forcing it straight back up again.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

3,149 posts

Posted:
RE: palm up not looking good because it passes the hand and falls:

ubbidea

unless you wait until the stick reaches the top of its flight and you push your palm up hand underneath it at that point.

Easy (! wink ) way to get it looking nice would be to carry it up a little with your hand as you do so, so it just smoothly goes up in the air, slows and (just as or just after your hand slides under and comes into contact) stops.

Tip: Don't start learning to do it bth, because unless you're in a hall of mirrors you won't be able to tell when you've got a nice visual effect going.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Tip: Don't start learning to do it bth, because unless you're in a hall of mirrors you won't be able to tell when you've got a nice visual effect going.

No wonder i can't get it then! wink ubblol Can i put mirrors on the ceiling wink ubbangel

Here is a lil vidjo clip of DSS trying wink to perform it; with a cameo from Dragonboy biggrin

https://dragon7.spymac.net/forcegrab.wmv

The 1st two moves are the "force push" wink the 3rd move is the force grab...

I think the reason he likes this move is cause he found it, well he told me ucough showed him tha force push and so he reversed it and claimed it wink ubblol

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I saw UCOF do the static drop (staff horizonatal at all times) from top to bottom from quadruple spin (double shotgun position) in a video smile

Thanks for the vid dragon. Both of those are hand to the sky catches rather than force grabs though. Just point the top hand down for the force grab.

When you enter from the top with a quadruple spin your thumb is the furthest part of the your body behind you pointing left.

This is not the easiest position to catch from when going from bottom to top. I find it easier to catch with just my fingers and my thumb pointing right (while behind my head). smile

3,149 posts

Posted:
Written by: DeepSoulSheep

I saw UCOF do the static drop (staff horizonatal at all times) from top to bottom from quadruple spin (double shotgun position) in a video smile

quadruple??? confused

shurely you mean triple?

have never seen anyone do a quadruple spin...
Has ucof been holding out on me? eek angry

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Quads can be done you just have to put your head in the hole and do a spin either in front or in back. It's a good way to rip your nose off though

Viva UGLY STAFF

3,149 posts

Posted:
hmm, i reckon i know the technique you're talking about, but thats not a quadruplespin, it's just a confusifying sequence of doublespins that looks all fancy like...
(Glass's reasoning that Rev's eleven beat weave with poi was actually a fancy nine beat with turns is very relevant to this.)

Besides, whenever i've seen ucof do the "force drop", it's been during a triplespin.

But really, if there's a quadspin technique i wanna know about it. i'm just a little sceptical at the mo...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
None of this matter to what this thread is refering to....as you can do the drop from both. It is easier to do the grab up to the easier with 1 half an extra rotation on normal....

What I refered to as a quadruple incidently is 1 extra 360 degree rotation from what I can figure by waving my arm in the air like an idiot... smile

3,149 posts

Posted:
cool, tis what i'd call a high triplespin, but yeah irrelevant...
so in an effort to go back ontopic:

smallboy used to do a nice btb horizontal "force throw" with the staff stalled vertically. eg: same move as yours but turned on its side.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Josh and I figure the simpler version top to bottom would be a sweet move to split from both in one hand to 2 in 2 hands by dropping one to the other hand and double shot gunning the other...

This is actually not as hard as I thought. Just do it from position of only 1 extra spin...

Page: