ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
https://www.artist2design.com/retouching2.html

amazing the things that can be done with a little editing, talk about creating unreal expectations for people to live up to

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I can get rid of pimples and stuff, but that one is crazy...

(will post more when it isnt pre-7 am)
EDITED_BY: MiG (1125956395)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Oh - I love those types of sites, they make me feel much better about myself smile

*edit* the people who think of what to touch up are a bit dumb, though - I think women should have asses, what's wrong with those?

EDITED_BY: Julie2022 (1125957638)

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
they're people who think women should look like matchsticks and in promoting that image inadvertently encourage teenage anorexia.

god bless the fashion/beauty industry and all it does to improve our collective self esteem.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
look at her arms though, she's seriously skinny anyway..thats scary.

nice to know she has 'normal' legs/bum pre-airbrushing though smile

more scary here - having to airbrush out the overskinniness..how about you just feed her some pies?

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*notices an adam's apple*

probably just me, but it sure looks like it...
------

resizing retouching, in my opinion, isn't right, especially if its to a major extent. I have less of a problem with getting rid of pimples and stuff, mainly cos they're usually temporary.

Situational stuff (lighting, white balance etc) really doesn't bother me.

I dunno, some things seem less retouchy than others...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
yuck!, It really annoys me though, why have they made even uberskinnier than she was in the first place. grrr!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
also, a lot of the retouching on the site seems to be re-curving peoples backs...i've always wondered how models don't seem to have a ribcage. now i know.

practikalmagiknewbie
18 posts

Posted:
....but she looked fine before hand! She looked like a *normal* human being *rolls eyes*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that's a GREAT link, ben!
(and also an indictment on society methinks)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It doesn't matter how many time people are told about retouching, they still aspire to a completely unrealistic and evidently imaginary bodyshape.

There was once a great piece of advice in a magazine: "Being upset because you don't have the same figure as a supermodel is as pointless as crying over not being as good at tennis as Venus Williams."

And yet who hasn't at some point? It took me 15 years to accept my bodyshape fully. I have dimples. So what?

Who can remember when M&S used a size 14 model in their adverts, which were pulled after a month because people didn't want to see real women on posters.

Madness.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

skinwantsMember
4 posts

Posted:
‘Powerful beyound measure’ I think fear basis is one can forget love and that only love is real. I think power is something that can be misused and one needs to be careful in the sense of discipline over domain and this is the fear of inadequacy and the substance or root of fear of ‘Powerful beyond measure’. if one forgets what is real and buys into the concept of power as a stand on its own, in other words becomes in love with power and not know what real power is than one is in deep water and in trouble with what is powerful beyond measure. i think what i want from powerful beyound measure is approval of the original creator of power rather than anyone else’s approval of what is powerful beyound measure to move from being small into being big.
Read more about https://skinwants.com/get-rid-pimples-5-minutes/

KindaichiShotaBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
Nice site with beautiful photos..

jamesthomson1188Member
2 posts

Posted:
good one