• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

ben-ja-men
ben-ja-men

just lost .... evil init
Total posts: 2474
Posted:http://www.artist2design.com/retouching2.html
br>
amazing the things that can be done with a little editing, talk about creating unreal expectations for people to live up to

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Delete Topic

MiG
MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert
Total posts: 3415
Posted:I can get rid of pimples and stuff, but that one is crazy...

(will post more when it isnt pre-7 am)

EDITED_BY: MiG (1125956395)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

Julie2022
Julie2022

Total posts: 145
Posted:Oh - I love those types of sites, they make me feel much better about myself smile

*edit* the people who think of what to touch up are a bit dumb, though - I think women should have asses, what's wrong with those?

EDITED_BY: Julie2022 (1125957638)

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

Delete

dream
dream

currently mending
Total posts: 493
Posted:they're people who think women should look like matchsticks and in promoting that image inadvertently encourage teenage anorexia.

god bless the fashion/beauty industry and all it does to improve our collective self esteem.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

Delete

squarexbear
squarexbear

....of doom!
Total posts: 585
Posted:look at her arms though, she's seriously skinny anyway..thats scary.

nice to know she has 'normal' legs/bum pre-airbrushing though smile

more scary here - having to airbrush out the overskinniness..how about you just feed her some pies?

Delete

MiG
MiG

Self-Flagellation Expert
Total posts: 3415
Posted:*notices an adam's apple*

probably just me, but it sure looks like it...
------

resizing retouching, in my opinion, isn't right, especially if its to a major extent. I have less of a problem with getting rid of pimples and stuff, mainly cos they're usually temporary.

Situational stuff (lighting, white balance etc) really doesn't bother me.

I dunno, some things seem less retouchy than others...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Delete

pricklyleaf
pricklyleaf

with added berries
Total posts: 1365
Posted:yuck!, It really annoys me though, why have they made even uberskinnier than she was in the first place. grrr!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Delete

squarexbear
squarexbear

....of doom!
Total posts: 585
Posted:also, a lot of the retouching on the site seems to be re-curving peoples backs...i've always wondered how models don't seem to have a ribcage. now i know.

Delete

practikalmagik
Total posts: 18
Posted:....but she looked fine before hand! She looked like a *normal* human being *rolls eyes*

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:that's a GREAT link, ben!
(and also an indictment on society methinks)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete

Eera
old hand
Total posts: 1107
Posted:It doesn't matter how many time people are told about retouching, they still aspire to a completely unrealistic and evidently imaginary bodyshape.

There was once a great piece of advice in a magazine: "Being upset because you don't have the same figure as a supermodel is as pointless as crying over not being as good at tennis as Venus Williams."

And yet who hasn't at some point? It took me 15 years to accept my bodyshape fully. I have dimples. So what?

Who can remember when M&S used a size 14 model in their adverts, which were pulled after a month because people didn't want to see real women on posters.

Madness.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Delete