Forums > Social Chat > first Gig fudge up.... feeling like Poooooooooo

Login/Join to Participate

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well last night i was due to do my first fire spinning gig and i couldn't find the sodding place. in my defence the directions were no good.... i was told it was Walting street A5 and it was at the boarding kennels (Try looking on the net) no contact number was given not that i could of called them anyway as i don't have a mobile phone. all in all its got me down loads. i now have to pay the guy back his money which i already spent on school shoes, aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

frown

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Ive met you so thats my reasoning behind why im of the opinion that all this is their fault. They didnt give you good enough directions so how can you be expected to get there? hug2

And why are you buying school shoes? Im guessing you dont need them, and as its you, you surely must have a school shoe fetish biggrin

kiss

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
awww hun, thats pretty crap... it wasnt your fault tho so there was nothing you could do! I hope the guy wasnt mad at you? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
hug
and the school shoes were for the kids

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ahhhhhh.

smile

Can you not just paint their feet black, then cover their feet in PVC glue so it is hardwearing and shiney?

Wouldnt that work? confused

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*gives you mega hugs*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
@ ucof: Why not mix black paint into the pvc glue?

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
hug for you Froggy. Sounds a bit harsh.....bloody shite direction givers.

Gayle.....!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
hug2 Oh babe thats so crappy! I would send the guy a letter telling him that if he expects acts to turn up for him he maybe should post them a full address, a small map and a contact number. Then give me his address and I'll go and poke him in the eye biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

...give me his address and I'll go and poke him in the eye biggrin

ubblol

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
don't feel too bad about it hun, it wasn't your fault

hug hug hug hug hug hug

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Least ya didn't drop anything on people redface

hug

This doesn't sound like your fault smile

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hey Froggy hug
you're brilliant, and these people sound like unproffessional wankers. they owe you compensation for wasting your time. you should refuse to pay them back. Dont let the bastards get you down girl, you got a whole load of people here who love you and support you. We love you girl!!! heart grouphug hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
When it comes to gigs I find that it's best to be almost paranoid about directions- finding places can often be harder than you'd think, and directions given to you can be inadequate.

Always expect things not to go smoothly and have back-ups (a-z for example)- if the place is local go there in adavnce so you know where it is (Assuming that you're being paid a decent amount ).

I'm not clear from your post whose at fault here- were you given the wrong address? If so then it's their problem- keep the money.

If you were given the correct address it's less clear cut- to an extent it's your responsibility to anticipate difficulties, and, if the directions look problematic, to contact the organiser well in advance and get them clarified.

Whoever's fault it was, it's a learning experience- gigs often don't go smoothly, which is performers have detailed lists of equipment, maps, a-z's, mobile phones etc; it's just a shame it happened on your first one- I'm sure your second gig will go much better.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: University Can Offer Future

ahhhhhh.
smile

Can you not just paint their feet black, then cover their feet in PVC glue so it is hardwearing and shiney?
Wouldnt that work? confused

PVA isn't waterproof tongue

hug2 4 miss frogette hug

Meh

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
Written by: onewheeldave

When it comes to gigs I find that it's best to be almost paranoid about directions- finding places can often be harder than you'd think, and directions given to you can be inadequate.

Always expect things not to go smoothly and have back-ups (a-z for example)- if the place is local go there in adavnce so you know where it is (Assuming that you're being paid a decent amount ).

I'm not clear from your post whose at fault here- were you given the wrong address? If so then it's their problem- keep the money.

If you were given the correct address it's less clear cut- to an extent it's your responsibility to anticipate difficulties, and, if the directions look problematic, to contact the organiser well in advance and get them clarified.

Whoever's fault it was, it's a learning experience- gigs often don't go smoothly, which is performers have detailed lists of equipment, maps, a-z's, mobile phones etc; it's just a shame it happened on your first one- I'm sure your second gig will go much better.

the adress they gave me was the boarding kennles, watling street a5.... the whole street runs from london to scotland umm we traveled for over and hour trying to find the place until we decided enough was enough.... i feel bad for letting them down but we did all that we could.

side note... we did find one boarding kennels but it wasn't the right one. frown

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
University Can Offer Future... hug kiss Thank you hug

jo_rhymes...hug kiss Thank you hug

hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug hug2 grouphug grouphug

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Im really sorry to hear all that Mel, and you were so excited too, best thing is to put this one down to experience, and make sure you dont make the same mistake again, the msitake being performing for knobs ubblol

hug

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
I really feel for you. Especially on your first gig. They are truly crap directions. I always make sure I have postcode (to put into multimap, narrows it down loads) and a contact number so you can get in touch if you are delayed. Because my show is so big to set up I try to arrive the day before but even with a show you just turn up and do, give yourself hours of leeway in case of delays. As far as this gig goes, I'd say to the guy that he didn't give you enough directions and that you would like to keep the portion of the money you spent on fuel trying to find him and give the rest back. And don't give up.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
well as soon as i found the directions were rather odd (In the fact of the length of the road) so i got in touch with the person who was organised it and asked for a house number, he said there wasn't one and it was the only house on the road.... which it wasn't. oh grrrrr i cannot believe how much this is getting to me hug

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
*gives you a massive cuddle*

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
muchley needed hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
awww hug
its their fault they didnt give enough info, dont feel bad about it. they are the idiots for not organising contact details for you in case you had a few problems.
bloody amateurs lol hug

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible