Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*FLOWER POWER*:. .:*Spring MOON Fest*:.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Funky Flower Children!*:. peace

Luscious spring is back in the air… so Spring moonfest is coming round again! YAY … Being all flowery and festive, we’ve decided to make this year’s Spring Moon Fest in Flower Power theme… Real 60’s style Hippy Fest, so come along in your funkiest flairs and tripped out flower power frocks! Colourful beads, “Lennon” glasses, peace signs and daisies in your hair!*:. peace

Bring along some flowers for the candle circle… I’d love to see the whole circle surrounded in flower power! Wether they be real fresh flowers, artificial ones, even paper cut-out flowers!*:. You can take them home again when you leave*:. smile

Flower Power Spring Moon Fest is on Sunday 18th September 05…

Being a Sunday we can have some fun activities happening in the arvo prior to Sundown when the moon rises and the night lights up with festive magick*:.

I was wondering if anyone would like to facilitate and organise some mural panting for the kids (and young at heart) perhaps a big bit of paper taped up along the new fence at the bottom of the hill down from the Moora Park…Any takers? Perhaps asking an arts group if they’d like to be involved would be a good plan…:*

So come down a little earlier in the arvo for SUNfest… sunny bring along all your juggle toys, juggle twirly whirlies, weavesmiley instruments and drums for a jam and play… maybe bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the early spring sunshine!*:. sunny

There will also be some sand sculpting in Flower Power theme for SUNfest too… I’ve heard whispers of big peace signs and groovy things so make sure you don’t miss out on the funkadelic fun*:. biggrin bounce biggrin

We’ll have a massive drumming up of energy under the moon in the flower power candle circle so don’t forget your dancing feet, (or platforms or sandals) plus your drums and tambourines for a boogie shaking your groove thang*:. ubbrollsmile hehe ubbrollsmile

More upcoming dates for Moonfests are:

*:.Sunday 18th September (Flower Power Spring Moon Fest)peace

*:.Monday 17th October

*:.Wednesday 16th November

*:.Friday 16th December

*:.Saturday 14th January 06 (I here this will be a biggy with all those UberOzzies being around then biggrin)

Some other upcoming Events:

*:.Dreamscape Festival… Cairns… 24th September

*:.Bellingen Global Carnival …Bellingen NSW… 1st & 2nd October

*:.Common Ground (www.homeofpoi.com for more info) …Adelaide Hills, South Australia 1st 2nd October

*:.Earthcore 3rd December

*:.Woodford Folk Festival… 27th December – 1st January 06

…Well this Spring/Summer is full of loads of lush stuff to do and see and experience*:. Hope to see you around catching the same vibe*:. meditate

Free Love ubblove and Flower Power peace to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*MoonPixie*:.

hehe

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
lol! Yes that was a bit funny biggrin I bet the ground's still flammable Monday ubblol

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
YAY! moonfest already!! biggrin bounce good way to celebrate starting my new job!! biggrin

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
lol I remember that... running down to the water to wash all the soot off me then drying them over the little fuel-fueled campfire Gabe had going in the grass

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Grass?? Luxury! That fire kept going for an hour on sheer sand!

ps looks like this lovely rain should clear up for tomorrow too.. it sez 'scattered showers'.

EDITED_BY: newgabe (1129446502)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin well, it seems to be fining up for another beautiful moonfest biggrin

....shall i bring down the henna? ubblove

....and sparkles... biggrin

....and kwisty? .....you got da boooooobie glitttttttteeerrrrrr!?! ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1129504937)

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Bring it all!

ubblol actually we were watching the 'party' episode of the Young Ones last night and Neil was making henna dip ubblol YUM! hehe

See ya there!

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hope it will be a great night for you all!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
ubblove what a cute little moonfest that was ubblove

joshy, thanks to your sundance for us, we got a little bit of fire sworling weavesmiley and hanging out ubbrollsmile hug biggrin and hugs grouphug before it rained on us...hehehehe thankx

but I really liked it little and chilled... I was in a rainy kinda mood... bit sleepy... so suited me well

I think next one will be a biggy...warmer... and all the people that missed last night will prolly come out of the woodwork biggrin

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Cute indeed! Tiny wee baby Moonfest! It only sprinkled for a few minutes though then was OK again...

*sworling* What a great word!!!!

Sounds mediaeval and romantic and glamorous all the same time!

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
*sworling* ubblol

Mm.. Would be great to have another massive one.. Though topping the spring maiden one would be slightly more than a bit of a challenge. Haven't checked yet, but have we got a weekend for the next one? *crosses fingers*

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
*:.Wednesday 16th November

*:.Friday 16th December

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
eek Oh man.. it's November already?!

I've noticed if you measure your time in moonfests, time flies really quickly. Like 12 moonfests and it's the next year! Man..

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yup november is just round the corner eek ...wow time dose fly ubbangel angel ubbangel

so thought i'd just shake and dust this little thread off for the last of the spring moonfests ....:*Wednesday 16th November...

then I'll do the summer moonletter with dates for 2006

2006!!! eek ...wow... moonfest has been going for 9 years now!... eek .... biggrin biggrin biggrin

ubblove grouphug ubblove

3,492 posts

Posted:
The september sring moonfest of 2006 will be our ten year annerversary! biggrin eek biggrin woahhh!

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
That is fantastic and utterly wonderfully commendable!! Well done you for bringing something so inspiring to all our lives!! 9 years!!! Let's do something wonderful...even if it is a few months late

(a giant 'chocolate cake' with 9 flaming club candles.. wink

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

(a giant 'chocolate cake' with 9 flaming club candles.. wink

heh
well nine is the "lunar number" after all!

Elke, you're all that & a bag o' chips! hug cool

"Be the Bunny"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hey dear people, wavehello

I know that a lot of Moonfesters also go to Woodford or know people who do...the lovely Moonpixie ubblove is performing there this year...so ...

Please check out the new ticketing info in the first post of the [Old link] and help spread it around to people you know... it might save a lot of people a LOT of hassle!

People will NOT be able to buy festival tickets at the gate this year.. not even for day tickets...they all have to be bought in advance...the easiest way is online.. oh yeah, and the GOOD news is splendid juggle jam space there this year clap (as well as all the other good stuph...)

Thanks!

*wanders off strewing rose petals and info*

3,492 posts

Posted:
a picture from a moonfest years ago

3,492 posts

Posted:
hey! wave

a little birdy told me that certain little babba angel taj is a coming to this moon fest! squeeeeeeee bounce

.....so coz he's got a beautiful angel costume we thought maybe we could make this one an ANGEL MOONFEST!!!

angel2 angelblue ubbangel angel .:*WEDNESDAY 16TH NOVEMBER*:. angel ubbangel angelblue angel2

....so wear your wings and be all angelic like k? angel

.:*:.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
*bum wiggles wiggles and wiggles*

ubbangel ubbangel ubbangel ubbangel

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Lovely theming there Pixie ubblove

angel it is!

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
I'll be comming down this month to see you all. biggrin biggrin I can't wait to see your happy smiley faces!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
ooooh!!! angel moonfest!! biggrin lovely!! ubbangel

*rushes off to fabric shop to get supplies to make angel wings*

bounce

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin angel biggrin biggrin biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin some angels from the *Air* elemental moonfest .... april moonfest 2001 biggrin

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Here's one flown in early.. a punky fire angel?
Non-Https Image Link

ooh dunno what's wrong there.. the image isn't coming through...

frown

Try this!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
oooooohhh!!! i want those punky fire angel wings!!! eek biggrin

i'm gonna make some pretty shiny blue/red (it changes colour!) wings!!! biggrin

bounce bounce2 bounce

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
changes colour! How cool are you Gita????? lolsign

3,492 posts

Posted:
ohhh cool! nice one gixie! yeah that funky changy colour fabric hey? biggrin biggrin biggrin ...can't wait to see your wings!!! yay!

nice piccy gabe! biggrin I want wings like *that* !

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
with my new mostache and hat i propose the december moonfest is pirate moonfest...lol ooooooaarrrrrrrrrrrr ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Page: ...