Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*FLOWER POWER*:. .:*Spring MOON Fest*:.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Funky Flower Children!*:. peace

Luscious spring is back in the air… so Spring moonfest is coming round again! YAY … Being all flowery and festive, we’ve decided to make this year’s Spring Moon Fest in Flower Power theme… Real 60’s style Hippy Fest, so come along in your funkiest flairs and tripped out flower power frocks! Colourful beads, “Lennon” glasses, peace signs and daisies in your hair!*:. peace

Bring along some flowers for the candle circle… I’d love to see the whole circle surrounded in flower power! Wether they be real fresh flowers, artificial ones, even paper cut-out flowers!*:. You can take them home again when you leave*:. smile

Flower Power Spring Moon Fest is on Sunday 18th September 05…

Being a Sunday we can have some fun activities happening in the arvo prior to Sundown when the moon rises and the night lights up with festive magick*:.

I was wondering if anyone would like to facilitate and organise some mural panting for the kids (and young at heart) perhaps a big bit of paper taped up along the new fence at the bottom of the hill down from the Moora Park…Any takers? Perhaps asking an arts group if they’d like to be involved would be a good plan…:*

So come down a little earlier in the arvo for SUNfest… sunny bring along all your juggle toys, juggle twirly whirlies, weavesmiley instruments and drums for a jam and play… maybe bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the early spring sunshine!*:. sunny

There will also be some sand sculpting in Flower Power theme for SUNfest too… I’ve heard whispers of big peace signs and groovy things so make sure you don’t miss out on the funkadelic fun*:. biggrin bounce biggrin

We’ll have a massive drumming up of energy under the moon in the flower power candle circle so don’t forget your dancing feet, (or platforms or sandals) plus your drums and tambourines for a boogie shaking your groove thang*:. ubbrollsmile hehe ubbrollsmile

More upcoming dates for Moonfests are:

*:.Sunday 18th September (Flower Power Spring Moon Fest)peace

*:.Monday 17th October

*:.Wednesday 16th November

*:.Friday 16th December

*:.Saturday 14th January 06 (I here this will be a biggy with all those UberOzzies being around then biggrin)

Some other upcoming Events:

*:.Dreamscape Festival… Cairns… 24th September

*:.Bellingen Global Carnival …Bellingen NSW… 1st & 2nd October

*:.Common Ground (www.homeofpoi.com for more info) …Adelaide Hills, South Australia 1st 2nd October

*:.Earthcore 3rd December

*:.Woodford Folk Festival… 27th December – 1st January 06

…Well this Spring/Summer is full of loads of lush stuff to do and see and experience*:. Hope to see you around catching the same vibe*:. meditate

Free Love ubblove and Flower Power peace to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*MoonPixie*:.

hehe

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
babys dont like wind. nope. they dont seem to know what it is. *yawns*

today is saturday and then its MOONFEST SUNDAY!

all days that moonfest fall on shall henceforth be known as moonfest _______..

ubbrollsmile
tajeebum bbq today. I hope the wind dies off.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
stupid me went walking to get food in the wind last night eek then i stood on prickles and ive been pulling them out for over an hour and dont think ive gotten anywhere. in fact i just looked at my foot side on and it looks like i have shaved the souls of my feet and left them for a month ...eer by the way i dont really have hairy feet but id imagine it would look like this if i did
EDITED_BY: ezz (1126912044)

hug me!

*:.Keira.:*newbie
14 posts

Posted:
OH I know the wind is so big and powerful it's insane! I keep trying to keep him out but he just wants to get inside!!!! I say nooooo wind you can't play in here.. tskk tskk.... the windows keep popping open, it's like having a leaky roof and running around putting pots under the drips instead i'm chasing the opening windows! hehe

Can't wait for tomorrow! Hopefully the skies will be all clear! peace

meow meow meow meow

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Yeeeaaaaay moonfest tomorrow. I estimate that 3 sickly monster bugs leave my body every time I cough, so at this rate, by tomorrow I'll have pulled off a pretty good eviction. Gabe, glad you're feeling better gorgeous! About bloody time! hug Prob won't be up for heaps of twirling tomorrow night, but want to be part of the butterfly-rainbow-serpent-goodness somehow! Will save my energy for that and then just enjoy the company, the moon, the jetty for the rest of the night!

Yeah how intense was that wind! The clouds were so amazing to watch....

See you all tomorrow peace

"Be the Bunny"

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Is a tad gusty today isn't it!! Was cycling down the story bridge to get to the Kangaroo Point side, and my bike was in its lowest gear- and it was an effort to cycle downhill!!

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Elke should we come to the pixie palace beforehand for any reason or meet you down at the beach? About what time for the fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants-scramble-rehearsal-performance thingy in the afternoon? peace sunny

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
awww thanks sweety ubbangel but I should be right at this end of things smile perhaps meet me at the beach... I'm going to head down as early as i can to start setting the circle, decorating etc.... so it's all set to have play time too smile ... as soon as enough people are around eager to be involved in the flower power spring moonfest candle circle performance thingo, we'll scramble jam!*:. ubbrollsmile

So come down as early as ya can guys... get the sand sculpture started... gather flowers n stuff to decorate the candle circle.... or just have a play in the sunshine before moonfest kicks off at dusk*:.

ok... so I realised I'd half made a fire butterfly sculpture for a spring moonfest years ago and never used... and had that sitting under the house... ubblol ... not wicked up yet though.... and not flexy wings to unfold out of the cocoon (that i haven't made yet either)So that was rather funny to see I'd already thought of this before... and forgotten... ubbloco ubblol ubbloco

....I'm thinking rather than the lantern burny cocoon thing... (as becca pointed out... those little paper wishes can be quite hazardous on fire floating away in the wind) I thought perhaps we could make a *human* cocoon around butterfly goddess kristy and unfold to *reveal* her (not in a rood way eek ubblol wink) and light her up and then dance around as the bubba butterflies....? you can just be *thinking* those wishy thoughts while the transformation is happening*:.

what do ya reckon?

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think we can think wishy things quite well!!

as for spontaneously dancing round like a bunch of hippies... hmm, spose we could givce it a go... wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin yeah... just for something compleatly different hey? wink

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
okies I'll be down at the beach by 4:30 wave

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek we are out of fuel!!! eek eek eek

...with all these firey things I have planned and everything! arrrhhhhhg.... *slaps forhead* ...perhaps a last minute trip to bunnings for some low odor kero is in order ubbloco

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I have fuel!!!
and will bring plenty!!

xxx
Gabe

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Just as well too after losing 5 litres in the sand!! eek ubblol

Made a pretty minifirepit though! With Adrian doing minifirewalking...

Thanks to Pixie ubblove as always, and all you fine flower people. Particularly Mr Ed. Boobie: glitter and all! ubblol

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
ed had boobee glitter? did he find it in my bathroom cupboard? ubblol
I believe that I shall market the idea and actually call my brand of glitter, boobee glitter. yup...
*off to marketing*

Had such a wonderful night and it was wonderful to catch up with you all... I had a great time at moonfest with the fire sworling and everyfing! biggrin

last night had a wonderful vibe to it and everything... I espically loved the applause that the minishow got! Make yer feel good pixie? It should have!!!! hug hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
note to self:
remember to remove glitter from face before project planning meetings at work...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

*:.Keira.:*newbie
14 posts

Posted:
Last night was very lovery, I didn't stay very long so I was so upset I didn't get to see the show you guys were planning..

** sulks**

had to head home due to silly family disorganisation, sigh, next time ey? frown

You must post me lots of piccies! I have a good one I took with the luscious spring lady's head smile he he he

meow meow meow meow

3,492 posts

Posted:
awwwwhhhhhhh was that like *the* best funadelic-fluffdefied-magickaly-luscious-groovein-pixie-power-freekin-fliped-out-scramble-jam ya ever seen! hehehehe

It was like a "best of moonfest" episode... rehashing the old favorites... ubblol ...and I must say it... how freekin stoned dose the spring maiden look!?! ubblol ....bloddy hippies.... rolleyes ... wink .... and the rainbow serpent dragon went off! thanks to all the lovelies who jumped in to be involved!*:. clap clap clap Valura... you gorgeous mumma butterfly you! ubblove ubbangel ubblove ... and troy made a pretty damn fine daddy buuterfly too wink (even when the naughty hotness of the thing bent the metal eek ... you did so well dealing with that troy smile) and the bubba butterflies... and and and the totum poles got there first play at moonfest biggrin and the Moon was SO damn bright!!! beautiful luscious luminous moon*:. ....... BLISS

yeah it did make me feel good kwisty ubblove biggrin ubblove ...even just walking back down the hill after the candle circle with the pretty flower lanterns was set and all the gorgeous people around and the drumming and the flutey goodness and all the happy shiney people ubblove grouphug ubblove I really for that moment felt like i was truely in pixieland! ubbangel angel grouphug angel ubbangel

sometimes people ask me if i get much thanks for all the effort that goes in... and well that feeling... that bliss when you look around and see all the shining yummy people all gathered there together and come along every full moon.... yep... that's my thanks... and thanks to all of you gorgeous people for making it what it is ubblove grouphug ubblove

biggrin

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
hug that made me cry cause cause, well cause its just so wonderful to have met all of you lucsious souls grouphug

thankyou again and again for the magic you give!

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin you're so beautiful phaerie! hug ubblove hug

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
from soaking up lots of beautiful energy from people like yourself miss pixie ubblove

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

and the Moon was SO damn bright!!! beautiful luscious luminous moon*:. ....... BLISS

And BIG.
https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6605
biggrin

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
and that was just the beginning of the wonderful night! what a perfect introduction to the magical pixieland ubblove

RyGOLD Member
Gromit's Humble Squire
4,496 posts

Posted:
Another photo of the beeg moon: https://www.homeofpoi.com/gallery/showpho...=500&page=1
ubblove

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
yay!!!! I finally made it to my first ever moonfest! clap clap clap I loved it. My hubby Adian and I had so much fun. I met a couple of people and I hope to meet more of you lovely people next month. I'm hooked!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
cool. Maybe next time Ill get to talk to you when your not spinning!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Next Moon Fest is Monday 17th October the moon is in firey Aries and there will be a partial lunar eclipse which should be seen from N.Z. and most of Australia... though I have said this before and we have not seen much at all... only a partial eclipse but will be at 22:04 ... keep our eyes upward to the moon at that time anyways yeah? smile*:.

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh and I'm thinking of putting an order in for some lovely Moon Diaries for 2006 ... www.moondiary.com.au

they are full of gorgeous goddessy goodness compleat with southern hemisphere (perfect for us here in oz and makes far more acurate moon watching) times of moon faces and what astrological sign the sun and moon is in... plus a mestral calandar to keep track of your feminine cycles... and is interesting to see how they relate with the cycles moon smile

anyone interested?

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
*puts up hand* that would be wonderful miss pixie!

3,492 posts

Posted:
exellent...looks like i'm getting a few lovelies together for the order ...so this time i wont be stuck with a few last year's diary's come this time next year rolleyes ....anyone want a 2005 moondiary??? smile I still have two ubblol

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
wave *stands on tippitoes to reach April's hand* I'll have a 2006 moondiary too please miss pixie

"Be the Bunny"

Page: ...