Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*FLOWER POWER*:. .:*Spring MOON Fest*:.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Funky Flower Children!*:. peace

Luscious spring is back in the air… so Spring moonfest is coming round again! YAY … Being all flowery and festive, we’ve decided to make this year’s Spring Moon Fest in Flower Power theme… Real 60’s style Hippy Fest, so come along in your funkiest flairs and tripped out flower power frocks! Colourful beads, “Lennon” glasses, peace signs and daisies in your hair!*:. peace

Bring along some flowers for the candle circle… I’d love to see the whole circle surrounded in flower power! Wether they be real fresh flowers, artificial ones, even paper cut-out flowers!*:. You can take them home again when you leave*:. smile

Flower Power Spring Moon Fest is on Sunday 18th September 05…

Being a Sunday we can have some fun activities happening in the arvo prior to Sundown when the moon rises and the night lights up with festive magick*:.

I was wondering if anyone would like to facilitate and organise some mural panting for the kids (and young at heart) perhaps a big bit of paper taped up along the new fence at the bottom of the hill down from the Moora Park…Any takers? Perhaps asking an arts group if they’d like to be involved would be a good plan…:*

So come down a little earlier in the arvo for SUNfest… sunny bring along all your juggle toys, juggle twirly whirlies, weavesmiley instruments and drums for a jam and play… maybe bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the early spring sunshine!*:. sunny

There will also be some sand sculpting in Flower Power theme for SUNfest too… I’ve heard whispers of big peace signs and groovy things so make sure you don’t miss out on the funkadelic fun*:. biggrin bounce biggrin

We’ll have a massive drumming up of energy under the moon in the flower power candle circle so don’t forget your dancing feet, (or platforms or sandals) plus your drums and tambourines for a boogie shaking your groove thang*:. ubbrollsmile hehe ubbrollsmile

More upcoming dates for Moonfests are:

*:.Sunday 18th September (Flower Power Spring Moon Fest)peace

*:.Monday 17th October

*:.Wednesday 16th November

*:.Friday 16th December

*:.Saturday 14th January 06 (I here this will be a biggy with all those UberOzzies being around then biggrin)

Some other upcoming Events:

*:.Dreamscape Festival… Cairns… 24th September

*:.Bellingen Global Carnival …Bellingen NSW… 1st & 2nd October

*:.Common Ground (www.homeofpoi.com for more info) …Adelaide Hills, South Australia 1st 2nd October

*:.Earthcore 3rd December

*:.Woodford Folk Festival… 27th December – 1st January 06

…Well this Spring/Summer is full of loads of lush stuff to do and see and experience*:. Hope to see you around catching the same vibe*:. meditate

Free Love ubblove and Flower Power peace to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*MoonPixie*:.

hehe

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin Love your ideas! ubblove ubbidea ubblove

I think we could combine the ideas together

coz I think i will be able to make a sort of cocoon opening out into a fire butterfly sculpture thing... to quote myself.... ubblol

Written by:

... and the more i think about it... the more of ubbidea <---these I'm getting

I think a fire butterfly sculpture cold be made with flexy wings that fold up and is inside the cocoon (made of papier-mache/latern style rice paper and bamboo/cane ...so as the cocoon burns away it unfolds to present the beautiful flaming butterfly!!! biggrin

But... that PLUS all the lovely butterfly children fire fan dancers flittering about when the cocoon opens up would be bEaUtiFuL!!!*:.

I'm also going to bring along my little pixie fire totum poles (they haven't been to moonfest yet biggrin) so maybe incorperating them in somewhere....

I also have giant puppets from previous moonfests... which might be fun to incorperate them into a big group show thingy

member the spring goddess giant puppet??? takes about three people to opperate.... she needs a little reconstruction... but nothing to sirious (i hope confused wink) and then there's the rainbow serpent head... which requires a body of colourful people....

So... not sure exactly how a rainbow serpent... spring goddess... and flamming butterfly cocoon thing... and pixie totum poles all work in together.... but.... shrug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey gorgeous *:.Keira.:* biggrin hug ubblove

We are putting the paper with our wishes written on, inside the cocoon that holds all that yummy dreamy wish energy, and as the cocoon burns and transforms into a beautiful flaming butterly so do our dreams as they flitter up into the sky and become hope for the future... bringing our hopes into fruition... transforming any yuckies in our life into hope and dreams coming true. *:.

*:.Keira.:*newbie
14 posts

Posted:
Yayyyy that sounds all very wonderfull and symbolic and JUST what the doctor ordered. Thankyou spring!!! ubbrollsmile

Will we write our wishys when we get there?? What time is everyone going down, in the afternoon sometime?

Whenever I decide to go early nobody is ever around until dark! confused but it's okay I might have a picnic with the family if nobody is around anyway - I'm bringing my mum and dad this time. My mum loves bringing the hippie out in her This will be a really fun one! ubblol

meow meow meow meow

3,492 posts

Posted:
well... you can bring your own special paper with wishes on from home if you want, or there will be paper and pens for writing them on at moonfest too biggrin

There will be lots of afternoon shannannigans happening for SUNfest this time... sand sculpting.... adorning the candle circle with flowers peace (bring along some flowers for the circle) ...possibly some mural painting (???) ....Kombi painting??? ummm... scramble jam performance thingy??? wink ubblove biggrin ....and general play and mischief! ubbrollsmile bounce ubbrollsmile

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
sorry guys but there won't be any kombi painting unless I can get hold of more paint. frown Bugger! shrug

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hmmm, not having a good day today. angry I now have to work on Sunday so I won't be there for sunfest and the kombi painting. censored censored censored I'll still be comming down to meet everyone and Adrian my hubby will be comming down to say hello too, well at least I don't have to drive now!!!!!! clap

See you all soon! peace

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Can they start as a caterpillar then go into a coccoon. Maybe do painting in the catipillar stage as they worm wriggles around. Then the kids can pretend with them. Maybe have foam stamps of love made and stamp the caterpillar with stars, flowers and (boobie) glitter and hearts and wings and stuff. The stamps can be made big and cheap using like the camping foam mats.

Glow in the dark paint maybe...so later when the coccoon is left it glows.

Would be nice to show life cycle changes for spring. ...

Oo..can she hatch out of an egg, the wriggle then pupate into the beautifl butterfly..

I want to go to MOONfest!!!

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
& maybe you could ask chicken rooooollly nicely to borrow those magnificent big giant wings for the butterfly?? smile

yay for sunfest!! bounce oh wait...this means no premoonfest sugarfest then doesn't it?? eek hmm...or maybe we can bring sugarfest to sunfest!! ubblol *kidding* that was a lot of sugar...

bounce ubblol bounce2 ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO eek

no more sugar please! ......... wink

well those gorgeous butterfly wings of kwisty's are beaUtiful... but i'm thinking of making flexy wings that fold up and fit inside the cocoon... so when the cocoon burns away it unfolds into the butterfly shape .... biggrin

dunno yet though so maybe.... smile*:.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
This all sounds Very Creative chaps (nice to see you gettting on with things while I'm away in bed... wink)

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Urrrgghhh.... After playing witchy healer to a sickly boy, looks like I've now caught it (forgot to touch wood after boasting about how super resilient I was, hehehe). So there will be less play for me between now and moonfest... just lots of meditation, walks, oils and herbal brews, and painting-painting-painting. But upcoming flower power moonfest I think is extra incentive to get better FAST.

Hmmm so far this year it hasn't been often that we've had a clear afternoon for SUNfest. It clears up by dusk usually. Fingers crossed everyone. Looking forward to an afternoon of sunny creativity.

~ Jen

heart meditate grouphug

"Be the Bunny"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh hey you can borrow those wings if you really wanna! but if not thats ok too.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
Do *you* wanna wear the beautiful butterfly wings in the scramble jam flower power moonfest show Kwisty???? You would be the most beautiful butterfly of allllllll biggrin biggrin biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
......:* ubbidea

maybe the show could go something like this....

*:.the flower power candle circle is set with all the candles and flowers and beautiful bits (earlier in the arvo) the flaming butterfly cocoon sculpture in the middle containing all the wishes and things people have written on paper and placed inside.:*

*:. the rainbow serpent (this is a gorgeously bright rainbow coloured papier-mache sculptured head) with a body of beautiful colourful people holding a single fire club in both hands above their heads (like a serpent scaley spike) weave through the crowd and up to the candle circle and spiral around to the edge of the candle cirle and curls up to sleep (rainbow serpent dreaming)*:.

*:.The spring maiden arises... She is a giant puppet (will need three people to opperate her... any takers?) I have been mending her and hopefully she'll scrub up alright wink ... she's like a giant hippy chick really peace... one hand is in a peace symbol... the other will have a bunch of flowers... Also at this point I thought it would be nice to light the pixie totum poles... as the pictures on them are of feminine...pixie...children of springtime kinda thing*:. (also they give off good light so we can see the puppet biggrin) so while the pixie fire totums burn the spring maiden hippy chick puppet dances about... she gives life to everything she touches*:.

*:.she gives life to the wishes in the cocoon and puts loving energy of nuturing and groth into our dreams... she transforms the death of winter into the life of spring*:.

*:.Cocoon transforming into beautiful flaming butterfly*:. the cocoon full of wishes is lit... as it burns it unfolds into a beautiful flaming butterfly (hopefully... I'm working on this bit ubblol ...but if not the next bit covers the idea of it aswell anyway... smile)

*:.out of the magickal energy of the cocoon all the baby butterflies of hopes and wishes are born... (people dancing about with fire fans/fingers... possibly some of the same people that were in the body of the rainbow serpent???)

*:.Kwisty beautiful butterfly goddess, gets lit along with all the butterfly babies and dances around... she represents mumma butterfly energy ...nurturing her little bubbas... taking care of all the wishes and good vibes and stuff (don't mess with my wishes wink coz I got kiss ass flaming wings! ubblol)

*:.at the end i would love shimmerdust to pore down from the sky over everyone.... biggrin ..... not quite sure how to make that one happen.... ubblol ubblol ubblol

....right... so put your hand up if you wanna be in the show! ubblol biggrin smile

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
okely dokeley... theres probably about a 72.135% change ill be able to sort out work so I can stay up here for the weekend, so ill be able to make it hopefully to moonfest.

if everything works out, could someone possible spare a piece of floor for one night or all Fri/Sat & Sun night?

thnx hug
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1126753017)

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

3,492 posts

Posted:
smile yep... should be able stay here... though I'm doing a gig sat before BBQ so wont be home saturday... though you prolly had plans to be out an about then anyways yeah? smile

and ummmmmm maybe you wouldn't mind exchanging a little muscel power to pack up a few things and take them up the hill to the pixiemobile after moonfest??? smile

.:*looks at all the things pixie is planning to take to moonfest*:.

I might need a few helpers for that actually hehehe biggrin *looks hopeful* ubblove

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Moonfest sounds sublime

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
oh hot damn Im so looking forward to this and I will have my wings all a ready!

*practises her fluttering* ubblol

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
*puts hand up so enthusiastically she nearly pulls a muscle*

biggrin pick me pick me!! i'm so excitabubble!! bounce

*falls over*

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Valura (feels funny calling you that now kristy...hehehe) I'm SO DAMN LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING YOU at a moonfest again!!! biggrin ubblove biggrin ... you will be the star of the show with your gorgeous fluttering butterly-ee-ness biggrin ubblove biggrin

heheheh Gita ya cutey!*:. biggrin ubbangel ubblove carefull... you might be needing that arm...hehehhe ... what you wanna be? part of the serpent... or the head for that matter? bubba butterfly? spring maiden Puppeteer??? ubblol

last time the spring maiden puppet made an appearance at moonfest, ...Jen I'm sure you'll remember biggrin .... I think i recall you saying it seemed almost rood that ....Sam was inside the spring maiden... wink ubblol ubblol ubblol maybe we can con him into doing that again...??? he seemed to have fun with that wink .... although there is also the serpent head and all sorts of things going on

so... ummmm any prefrences peoples??? smile*:.

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
*holds volunteer hand up with, er, one hand, and hides nose in tissue with the other*

Ok I'm even more sickly now, but am going to see the doc tomorrow and get on the mend quicksmart. The first Spring moonfests are always so lush; I don't want to miss this one for anything! I'd love to be part of this... baby butterfly, serpent body, whatever is needed ubblove This moonfest sounds like it's going to be so vibrant and full of life (not that the last moonfest had but a blink of a dull moment --- ooh the fondue and the and the and the--- but I'm so excited about all these beautiful creations and props of yours coming out again Elke! I love that spring maiden). I'd be like this ==> ubbcrying ubbcrying ubbcrying mad2 if I had to miss it.

*thinking healy thoughts* meditate

"Be the Bunny"

3,492 posts

Posted:
meditatemeditatemeditatemeditatemeditate

Loads of healing vibes to you, Jen, beautiful one!.... hug ... hope you're feeling all better *real* soon smile .... and Gabey too!!! how you feeling gorgeous woman!*:. ubblove

Ok so I haven't yet made the fire butterfly sculpture... or the cocoon redface .... that good old spring maiden needed a LOT of reconstruction and fixing up... new paint job and took a good chunk of my prep time for moonfest... but she is looking.... well she still looks a bit funny and out of proportioin and wobley... but that's kinda the fun of it 'ey? biggrin ubbloco ubblol ... but it's amazing what a bit of makeup can do for a gal!*:. wink

...so i'll get onto that cocoon butterfly thingo and see how I go ....

smile

been reminissing about past moonfest and my golly we've had some good moments!*:. ubblove meditate grouphug meditate ubblove

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Thanks Pixie ubblove I'm feeling a lot better now...

and I just posted [Old link]

So exciting and that's LOADSA notice for everyone so YAY it should be not clashing with anything!!!! ( Rainbow Serpent and Sydney Juggle convention are the two weekends before it, so that would be a trip and a half for peeps travelling!) Let's make this one AMAZING!!! Unfortunately it's in between Moonfests...better for seeing stars?? SO we'll have to have a POOLFEST instead hug

See you Sunday! and um you can put me in bits of serpents or maidens or whatever you like!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Hooray!! Im here for the weekend!!! umm yeah ill probably go into work a bit on saturday morning.

well, ill stay saturday night on valuras couch I think after BBQ, and if it still ok with you Moon Pixie dear ill lend you some muscle power and help for moonfest on sunday night and crash at yours.

and tonight ill stay at the house of gabe. see you all soon!

E.
EDITED_BY: Dentrassi (1126851031)

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
You coming to my house tonight? Cool!

And Miss Pixie ubblove you make me laugh booking in your muscle power up the hill postFest helpers already!!!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yay Dentrassi biggrin so totally still ok*:. sounds great infact biggrin hehehe thanks hug

tongue yeah I laughed at myself too gabe ubblol ... not usually my style... and end up lugging a whole lot of stuff all over the shop ubbloco ... just looked at *all* the stuff and thought how tierd these feeble little wings of mine would be after all that... ubblol

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

You coming to my house tonight? Cool!

And Miss Pixie ubblove you make me laugh booking in your muscle power up the hill postFest helpers already!!!!

yeah im a bit disorganised biggrin I only called kyle an hour ago or so to check so he probably hadnt passed it on yet...

see you soon.hug

3,492 posts

Posted:
So ummm those weather pixies are just getting all the the wind weather out *today* so it wont be windy tomorrow huh? ubbloco eek ubbloco

......I hope so ....

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
they better be!!!
*sighs* spent all night sounding like the front of the house was being ripped off. not alot of sleep was had *grrs*

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

3,492 posts

Posted:
eek Yeahhhhh totally!!! my whole house has been shaking!!! ....looks close to a freekin cyclone out there! eek

Page: ...