Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*FLOWER POWER*:. .:*Spring MOON Fest*:.

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Funky Flower Children!*:. peace

Luscious spring is back in the air… so Spring moonfest is coming round again! YAY … Being all flowery and festive, we’ve decided to make this year’s Spring Moon Fest in Flower Power theme… Real 60’s style Hippy Fest, so come along in your funkiest flairs and tripped out flower power frocks! Colourful beads, “Lennon” glasses, peace signs and daisies in your hair!*:. peace

Bring along some flowers for the candle circle… I’d love to see the whole circle surrounded in flower power! Wether they be real fresh flowers, artificial ones, even paper cut-out flowers!*:. You can take them home again when you leave*:. smile

Flower Power Spring Moon Fest is on Sunday 18th September 05…

Being a Sunday we can have some fun activities happening in the arvo prior to Sundown when the moon rises and the night lights up with festive magick*:.

I was wondering if anyone would like to facilitate and organise some mural panting for the kids (and young at heart) perhaps a big bit of paper taped up along the new fence at the bottom of the hill down from the Moora Park…Any takers? Perhaps asking an arts group if they’d like to be involved would be a good plan…:*

So come down a little earlier in the arvo for SUNfest… sunny bring along all your juggle toys, juggle twirly whirlies, weavesmiley instruments and drums for a jam and play… maybe bring a picnic dinner and enjoy the early spring sunshine!*:. sunny

There will also be some sand sculpting in Flower Power theme for SUNfest too… I’ve heard whispers of big peace signs and groovy things so make sure you don’t miss out on the funkadelic fun*:. biggrin bounce biggrin

We’ll have a massive drumming up of energy under the moon in the flower power candle circle so don’t forget your dancing feet, (or platforms or sandals) plus your drums and tambourines for a boogie shaking your groove thang*:. ubbrollsmile hehe ubbrollsmile

More upcoming dates for Moonfests are:

*:.Sunday 18th September (Flower Power Spring Moon Fest)peace

*:.Monday 17th October

*:.Wednesday 16th November

*:.Friday 16th December

*:.Saturday 14th January 06 (I here this will be a biggy with all those UberOzzies being around then biggrin)

Some other upcoming Events:

*:.Dreamscape Festival… Cairns… 24th September

*:.Bellingen Global Carnival …Bellingen NSW… 1st & 2nd October

*:.Common Ground (www.homeofpoi.com for more info) …Adelaide Hills, South Australia 1st 2nd October

*:.Earthcore 3rd December

*:.Woodford Folk Festival… 27th December – 1st January 06

…Well this Spring/Summer is full of loads of lush stuff to do and see and experience*:. Hope to see you around catching the same vibe*:. meditate

Free Love ubblove and Flower Power peace to you all!*:.

Love Elke .:*MoonPixie*:.

hehe

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PhaerieBRONZE Member
veteran
1,240 posts

Posted:
is moonfest yet??!?!?!
*waits impatiently jumping from foot to foot*

how bout now...?

now?

Only when you close your eyes can you really see...

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Didnt Leah want her combi painted? That sounds like practical mural fun!

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

3,492 posts

Posted:
yeah! biggrin totally into the kombi panting idea ubblove ...goes *perfectly* with the theme and everything!... wasn't sure though if Leah was actually bringing her kombi to moonfest???... coz i thought maybe she said something about coming with gita???? i could be totally wrong confused But if the Kombi is there... YAY!!! bounce

...and I thought something for the kiddies in the arvo would be nice too... we'll see what pans out ubbrollsmile

bounce ubbrollsmile ubblove ubbrollsmilebounce

nearly phaerie nearly... biggrin

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
the kombi is comming! It was just thanks to Gita for convincing me to come down for it. We'll have to buy some cheap paint, nothing too expensive. Like I said, the paint that's on it now is just k mart house paint, put on with a paint brush! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin Well it is a kombi after all! It's one of those cars that look good from a distance, but you don't want to get too close. Bring on the FLOWER POWER! peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace peace

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

3,492 posts

Posted:
hmmm.... the only thing is that the car park is up the hill... or on the other side of the beach to the moonfest gathering space ... shrug and we don't have vehicle access (or permission) to drive on the parkgrounds shrug so I dunno about that part of it... still well keen for kombi painting though biggrin bounce biggrin

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Can the kits make little butterfly kites in bright colours and run around with them,
I have a pattern that uses freezer bag ties and a bit of string and sticky tape.
Or paint flowers then string them togther for a necklace.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
bounce bounce2

are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?

are we there yet? wink

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
free love and flower power................ biggrin ubblove

peace

I shall be there in spirit biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
I am so up for Combi painting! My first car was a Combi in like 1972... had the guts of a piano bolted to the inside of it, the combi would vibrate like hell of course, and set the piano strings to make spacey moon music as we drove along! ubbloco Very hippy!

We could paint it in the afternoon up in the car park... betterer than at night down on the beach... cos then we'd have to helicopter it in and out... which would be adding some of that Vietnam energy that the original hippie peace thing had but we'd probably all rather forget.... speaking as an original hippie... peace ooh 'scuse, am I rambling again? ubbloco

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
sounds like a plan. What time do you want me down there? Do you guys have any paint to use? I'll have a look here and see what I have. I've got heaps of paint brushes at least.

That kombi that you had Gabe sounds like real fun, wish you still had it, mine is a 75 (I think). It's my limo now cause I took the middle row of seats out. biggrin

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

newgabeSILVER Member
4,030 posts

Posted:
Just saying HI to Courts when she drops in! So sorry you won't be able to make it!

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII wave

Stupid work, just wanna be a hippie for a day frown
All Sounds like so much fun...
But hey there is another date that catches my eye... Jan 14th biggrin

CX
ubbrollsmile

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh yay!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin you think you might make it to the January Moonfest??? .:*looks all hopefull*:.

3,492 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

courts1979BRONZE Member
Rainbow Brite
169 posts

Posted:
ohh cannot see the pic again...

and yess Jan 14th is great...
Perfect time to take a holiday wink

CX

Lifes too short, dance nakked & wiggle ur arse!!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*bUmp*

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
What about fabric dye in a squirty bottle and get kids to draw on the material with shaving cream or glue first as a resist. Need to let the glue dry first though I am told. I havent tried it myself yet but I think glue sticks might work.
Use cheapo sheets from Salvos

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
what a damn good idea miss gnor!!
*she know good stuff!!*

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin

hug hug

Combi idea sounds really awesome though.

Is it the Truth?

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Written by: newgabe

I am so up for Combi painting! My first car was a Combi in like 1972... had the guts of a piano bolted to the inside of it, the combi would vibrate like hell of course, and set the piano strings to make spacey moon music as we drove along! ubbloco Very hippy!

We could paint it in the afternoon up in the car park... betterer than at night down on the beach... cos then we'd have to helicopter it in and out... which would be adding some of that Vietnam energy that the original hippie peace thing had but we'd probably all rather forget.... speaking as an original hippie... peace ooh 'scuse, am I rambling again? ubbloco

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

hug you're such a delight

"Be the Bunny"

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
so can anybody help with the paint for the kombi? I know I have red and white house paint, and maybe blue (have to check on that one). If I can't get hold of any other paint I guess we can't do it due to my 'too many dam bills' month and not being able to afford any more. I've got plenty of paint brushes though. I hope it will work out, it'd be so much fun! ubbloco

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
*wanders off to ask dad if he has any spare paint lying around...ponders how to avoid telling him what it's for...*

ubblol

3,492 posts

Posted:
Years ago we had the ellemental moonfests... one for each of the ellements (what ever astralogical sign the moon was in for the full moon)

for the fire one we burnt a phoenix sculpture with a papier-mache phoenix egg... I'll try posting pix here... but i have a feeling it might end up looking like a little broken box but here goes

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Everyone wrote wishes or things that they wanted to transform in there life on pieces of paper which were put inside the egg and we burnt with the phoenix fire sculpture... the phoenix represents transforamtion and change .... burning away the old to give life to the new

I was thinking.... maybe we could do a similar kind of thing for this spring moonfest????

what I would *love* to somehow do... is .... (I can see becca cringing right now.... what if we built a large wooden badger! ubbloco ...or mermaid shell.... ubbloco or or or...) or what i'd *really* LOVE to do for the spring one is to have somehow a cocoon that unfolds into a butterfly... somehow on fire... ummmmm confused ....anyone got any of these---> ubbidea ... I'm pretty good for --->shrugs ...hehehehe biggrin

so like everyone could put there wishes inside the cocoon and it transforms into a butterfly biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
well if you can't see the pix, i've uploaded them to my gallery now smile

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
Just passing through and saw that you could right click on the broken boxes then choose view image and it appears.

Just a suggestion, so you can ignore this if you like tongue
The butterfly idea is great for spring...but erm...incorporating fire...

Written by: .:* Moon Pixie *:.

so like everyone could put there wishes inside the cocoon and it transforms into a butterfly

If you stick everyone's wishes/hopes/dreams into a coccoon and then turn into a butterfly (great) then burn it... ubbcrying

Does that mean all their wishes go up in flames too?...The phoenix worked because they were born from flame...butterflies aren't... frown

Just a thought...

It's better to burn out than to fade away

3,492 posts

Posted:
I see your point...

I used to think it was really sad to see hours of work put into creating beautiful artworks and then burning them in fire events and rituals to be really sad ubbcrying ...but then going through the process of actually creating something for that very reason made me come to the point of feeling that the energy of fire is transformational...

you put your energies into the creation... you write your wishes hopes and dreams... and also things that you want to change or transform in your life... I feel like the flames burn away any yuckies and transforms it into hope.... it takes the energies of those dreams and wishes and send them out into the universe... bringing change, groth and new life...

I see fire as a beautiful thing full or life and rebirth

I'm thinking as the cocoon burns it unfolds into a beautiful flaming butterfly ...it's not so much a beautiful butterfly being burt to smitherines.... as more so a flaming butterfly coming to life out of the cocoon full of the energies of all our hopes and dreams*:.

well that's the way i see it anyways

... and the more i think about it... the more of ubbidea <---these I'm getting biggrin

I think a fire butterfly sculpture cold be made with flexy wings that fold up and is inside the cocoon (made of papier-mache/latern style rice paper ...so as the cocoon burns away it unfolds to present the beautiful flaming butterfly!!! ubblove

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
"maybe we could build a large wooden badger"...

you know me too well sis wink

I think it sounds beautiful though... I'll supply the wick and smile loads when I see it transform into a gorgeous flaming butterfly... smile

kiss

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin .... or laugh at me when it dosen't quite work out...? wink ubblol

we'll see how it goes... ubbloco

sureauenthusiast
224 posts

Posted:
Elke I love your idea of the coccoon transforming into a butterfly. As for ubbidea, here goes... Bear with me...

There is someone in a butterfly costume. It starts off just as a coccoon... maybe they can be unravelled or something, and wings sprout from beneath the coccoon layer. This isn't on fire, but just normal so that people get the symbolism. They do however, have a single flame in the hand for the firey part, which comes next.... For the firey part then, you could have several coccoons with the wishes divided up between them. One person surrounds each coccoon - these creatures are kind of curled up on the ground. They have fire fans or something like wings. The person in the butterly costume runs around to each coccoon in turn and lights them. The people folded next to these coccoons (with their fans/wings over them or on each side of the coccoon), light their fans from the flaming cocoons and proceed to dance around the big main colourful butterfly like little firey butterflies. It gives a kind of "wake my children" feel to it too, so still quite spring goddessy-like smile

Did that all make sense?

"Be the Bunny"

*:.Keira.:*newbie
14 posts

Posted:
*echemm* **taps mic**

hello!!! maybe...... we could all write our specials wishys on some nice paper and throw them into the fire.. all symbolic-y like......???

meow meow meow meow

Page: ...