Forums > Social Chat > The Bad partner thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
Not sure if one already exists and I'm too lazy to look!

My ex finished with me when I got too old for him! (I turned 17 and he was 27) Slightly perverted? YES!

(I was sleeping with my future husband behind his back anyway and don't regret a moment because, 4yrs later, we are still together. Comments and stories please......... biggrin

EDITED_BY: LilMissSmartyPants (1126277605)

Filthy_BunnySILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
Hi all, I've had a look through this thread and just wanted to add something from my own experience... Last year I left my partner of 9 and a half years (married for four), we'd been having a lot of problems and in the end he was treating me very poorly and with no respect. I was putting everything into the relationship and he was giving nothing back, and eventually I decided enough was enough. Of course leaving him after such a long time was very difficult, we'd been together since I was 19 and I still loved him, but it was absolutely worth it and probably the best thing I've ever done. Ever since I have been having the best time of my life. I regained my independence and confidence and became a much happier person. A few months later I met my current boyfriend, who is completely wonderful and makes me very happy. ubblove

So for anyone who's struggling in a relationship that seems doomed but can't bring themselves to leave... trust me, it could be the best decision you ever make! hug

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
*late hugs all*

Extra hug for Filthy Bunny. Been there (although not for as long and there was a child involved) done that, feel the same way. Making a brake is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard but you will end up kicking yourself when you realise you should have done it much earlier. However much you love that person, (or think you do) if all you do is fight, argue or are just plain unhappy, isn't it the biggest show of love (to both involved) to end it so all the hurt stops? (after a while and you get over it ofcourse)
I get on better with my ex now than I did 2 years ago and (although it was hard to end a 4 and aq half year long relationship) am glad for the both of us I did. He is happier and so am I. Some people are not meant to be to be together because of personality conflicts and ..... I think I have written enough :L

*reads back over essay*

Yeah, that is enough ubblol

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Filthy_Bunny

So for anyone who's struggling in a relationship that seems doomed but can't bring themselves to leave... trust me, it could be the best decision you ever make! hug

I'm trying very hard to leave my destructive relationship. It's harder then I thought though

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

Filthy_BunnySILVER Member
14 posts

Posted:
roarfire, I feel for you. frown Maybe you could set yourself a time limit? That's what I did. I gave the relationship one month to improve. And at first it really did seem that it was improving and we were both putting lots of effort in. But then about three weeks in my partner did some things to prove he hadn't learnt a damn thing and never would, so I called it quits. Doing it that way was good because I knew that I had tried, so I didn't feel guilty about not giving it a chance. Plus when I left I was more prepared for it.
Anyway, best of luck with your situation, and lots of hug to help you along.

Thanks for the hugs, LMSP! hug It's good that you're getting on with your ex, especially if you have a kid together. I'm still pretty pissed off with my ex right now, not because of the way he treated me as I'm over that and have forgiven him, but because of the way he behaves towards my friends. He's a lying, attention-seeking asshat. But hopefully one day he'll grow up!

Fire_MooseSILVER Member
Elusive and Bearded
3,597 posts

Posted:
be fore i finally broke up with my ex i had been listening to a lot of Tom Leykis and listening to him speak made me realize that staying with her was pointless, and made me wonder why i would want to put myself thru any of that instead of being happy. so yay Tom.

O.B.E.S.E.

Owned by Mynci!

Page: ...