Forums > Social Chat > State of Shock and Upset

Login/Join to Participate

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I am sitting here in front of my computer at 6 in the morning.

I am in shock and extremely upset after what has happened to myself, my boyfriend and a friend who was with us at the time.

We were at the local skate park (my boyfriend and his mate were skating round and I was watching on the sidelines) when a car rocked up.

This young, rather well dressed native man got out of said car and started to walk towards me (I don't think he realised that there were other people with me till he got closer to me), anyway when he saw the two guys I was with he walked up to them and very politely asked them for their money.

They said they didn't have any cash on them so then the guy pulled out a freaking tire iron and threatened to bash the crap out of them if they didn't give them money.

I of course panicked. We ran to our car (my twisting my ankle in the damn process heels are extremely bad for running in) with this young man chasing us (bear in mind there were two other men in the car that had rocked up and one of them had also got out of the car by this stage).

The friend who was with us kept trying to get a fight going with myself and my boyfriend screaming at him just to get in the car so we can go.

Anyway he got into the car and we drove off but not before the [censored] threw the damn tire iron through the back passenger side window of the car.

To say the least I am shaken from this whole thing....I can't sleep cause I keep rolling things through my head.

I came to realise tonight that in this kind of situation I am useless....I know nothing about martial arts that I could actually use in a fight if it came down to it....and I panicked...

Chris (my boyfriend) had to yell at me three times to run before I could actually move. And by the time we drove off I was in hysterics.

I feel so utterly and completely useless.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
hug hey none of this is your fault so dont blame yourself for being in shock! the majority of people wouldnt know what to do in a situation like that because it doesnt happen everyday. im not supprised you were 'numb' when it was happening, its a basic reaction, the body is trying to protect itself by sending blood etc to the main organs, its the parasympathetic part of your system, opposite to the fight or flee (sympathetic).

get your self a mug of warm milk and a teddy hug it will pass by hug

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Zizikymember
47 posts

Posted:
come on, this situation is REALLY insane... and think about it, u said there were 2 other men in the car so u never know, what would they do if u would try to hurt the first one, second, this is REALLY but REALLY REALLY crazy so I think most us would panic or do something they won't be happy later... everyone without shotgun is useless in this kind of situation.............

edit:grammar mostly ubbidea
EDITED_BY: Ziziky (1125790772)

miluju prahu a pár lidí v ní i mimo ní smile

PRAGUE FOREVER smile

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
I can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling right now...all I can say is that you are NOT useless because you can't fight. Running was the most sensible thing you could've done and as for the freezing up, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone did. It's a horrible shock and it's completely natural to react in this way.

Have the authorities been alerted? (I know it sounds like a dumb question, but things that happen like this often make you think irrationally)

The main thing now is to get as much rest as you can.

hug I hope they're caught and brought to justice soon...I'm sorry you had to be put through something like that frown

It's better to burn out than to fade away

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
We called the cops as soon as we fled the scene (we wanted to get a decent distance in case they tried to follow us ran a few red lights in the process thank goodness it was late at night)

Justice won't happen, even if they are caught here in Australia people like them get a tap on the wrist and set out on the world again....if it was the opposite and it had been us who approached them and attacked them no doubt we would serve jail time.

I'm not being racist that's just the way it is here and we have come to accept it.

I'm still shaky and can't get the whole thing out of my head...

Thanks for the support guys! hug

Zizikymember
47 posts

Posted:
for nothing hug

PRAGUE FOREVER smile

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
hey nasty story fenix i know what its like i had a group guys attack me about 2 mins from my house once they grabbed me nicked my wallet and ran off they didnt physically hurt me but it still shook me up quite a bit the really bad thing is i reported it to the police and they didn't do anything

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Zizikymember
47 posts

Posted:
yeah... once 3 fckin gipsy robbed me... I was inf act lucky that i my mobile phone is stille mine and that they didn't beat me... and those stupid cops asked me if I didn't lied to get those money from them... I really wanted to hurt this cop... but however they can't do much things... take it as it is, what can they do? shrug

PRAGUE FOREVER smile

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Much love honey. That crap is bad, not gonna compare to anything I know. grouphug

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: FenixFyre

I came to realise tonight that in this kind of situation I am useless....I know nothing about martial arts that I could actually use in a fight if it came down to it....and I panicked...

Since most brawls end up on the floor, martial arts will be useless.

My advice - if a male attacker - kick the fucker straight in the nuts. Even give them an extra stamp to make sure he'll stay down.

Or, grapple. Rip their arm from their socket.

Anyway - sorry to hear this. I too would be petrified in the situation.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lemonkey

Since most brawls end up on the floor, martial arts will be useless.

Ju Jitsu is possibly the best to learn as it deals with how to counter that and don't try and rip the arm out, its pointless as a dislocation will be relatively easy to fix, break the arm at a joint as it puts them out of action for longer and is less likely to heal properly. Instant lesson in not picking on people for any reason.

FenixFire: People react in different ways to a situation like that. There's no shame in being afraid and freezing is merely a sign of fear. It proves you have weaknesses and therefore strengths too. If you think you're useless then think again, the useless one in that situation was the person who wanted to pick a fight. You all did the right thing in running and not letting him fight.

I hope this never happens again... to anyone.

As many hug s as the mods will allow. Relax, you did the right thing in running remember that. hug hug

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I think you need to focus on the fact they are scum you are not therefore fighting isnt comprehendable by your mind that why you froze.

i agree with the Lemon for sure Foot and balls a great combo for showing neanderthal's how to not behave!

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys...you are all so nice....hug

I slept a lot easier last night after I went to speak to a councellor about all the shite that has been going round in my head since the attack.

I feel a bit better....

I have also made the decision to take some martial arts and self defense courses just so I can feel a bit better about myself.

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: OneFinalStep

u Jitsu is possibly the best to learn as it deals with how to counter that and don't try and rip the arm out, its pointless as a dislocation will be relatively easy to fix, break the arm at a joint as it puts them out of action for longer and is less likely to heal properly. Instant lesson in not picking on people for any reason.

A shoulder dislocation is damn painful, at least with a break you can move the arm with the socket, with the shoulder dislocation, attacker will doubled over trying to make the shoulder hurt less. Plus, one dislocation really ruins the tendons and rotator cuff, making it easy for re-dislocation. They might never be able to bear their own bodyweight ever again...

... but yea. Do whatever does the most damage. smile

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lemonkey

Plus, one dislocation really ruins the tendons and rotator cuff, making it easy for re-dislocation. They might never be able to bear their own bodyweight ever again...

I know... I can dislocate my shoulder at will which is always fun for messing with people's heads...

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Ewwww....okay well I think I like my option of running for my life...If I broke or dislocated someone's arm I think I would them pass out from being totally grossed out.

hehe

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
The "run like a squirrel" option is always the best unless you have either exceptional martial arts skills or are a complete head case.

If you take up a martial art always remember that the opposition will almost never use the techniques that you will and that side steps are your friend, even if the master says otherwise.

Have fun

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
I tried to run like a squirrel once, I bashed my head off a tree.

Fenix you poor thing, it makes you feel so bad inside doesnt it, even though you know nothing was your fault.

Me and some mates got mugged once by a group of charvs we actually knew (they pulled their hoods up but we went to the same school ffs.) Thankfully didnt even have the chance to fight back as we were all holding crates, but I carried my nunchucks around with me for quite some time afterwards. Told the police to go and nab them, but my mates refused to give names for fear of reprisals (small town, big familys.)

Glad no-one got hurt (in either case,) but you should deffinately learn a self-defence art, i think everyone should. My mates are pretty much doing a 'street fight' lesson at the moment - nothing ninja, focused purely on incapacitating an attacker as quickly as possible. For as long as possible.

Hugs and kizzez
D

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: OneFinalStep

I know... I can dislocate my shoulder at will which is always fun for messing with people's heads...

Erggh, brings back painful memories.