LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Can be deleted when I have my answer.

Last year there was a Mumps epidemic amoung students, and MMR jabs were given. I had mine today at 12:30pm, to safeguard against bollocksing up my degree from being ill.

... and I wondered, is it safe to go weightlifting after such an injection?
I was planning to my arms ... don't want to slow the progress down or anything...

(Google is useless, searching for weightlifting or exercising and injections just tells me about injecting steroids..)

Willy - is bad for your health...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I'd say no.
Give you arm some time to rest. I'm sure one day won't deteriorate your muscles and you should be resting them regularly anyway.
I had a major rowing competition the day after an injection and my arm ached really badly after it (but the injection couldnt be missed and neither could the rowing regatta so I had no choice)

But i'd definately say to give youself a rest.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
Wait a bit smile Vaccinations activate your immune system and stress out your whole body. You might just feel a bit tired or even feel nothing but actually your body has lots of things switched to overdrive, and physical exercise may weaken you enough to feel crap for a few days, make your arm hurt a lot, or let you catch a cold you'd not usually get.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I thank the both of you.

I've decided against going today, and tomorrow, and sunday I'm heading down South to visit relatives, so that should mean plentiful rest... until monday. smile

That's four days (last visit - wedneday) without being at the gym, I can feel the atrophy already. tongue

Willy - is bad for your health...