Forums > Social Chat > Biggest pickle i've ever been in!

Login/Join to Participate

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
.. Okay.. now this [censored] sucks ended up going to the dc. today.. and he said that these lumps on my neck could posably be cancer of the lymphnodes.. *cries* it may not be but still i'm pissin myself i'm so scared.. :-( ubbcrying

You know what I'm thinking about right now? That's right, Tacos!

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
ea crape man that sucks majorly

hopefully they'll have caught it early enough to deal with it

:hugs:

all the best man

back

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
okay through personal experience their are many and more likley things it may be, your lymphglands swell for many diffrent reasons such as infections etc.
Cysts are common too as well as abseces, if their is a small chance of cancer, people are generally shocked to find out that an average treatment rate is as high as 90-95 percent. As i said through personal experience (had a scare in the last few months) the best thing you can do is stay positive,
my best wishes and thoughts are with you,

feel free to drop me a pm if you need to have a chat.

much hugs mike

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
The fact that you have had them looked at means if they are you can have treatment right away, so you shouldnt worrie yourself, cancer treatment these days is getting very good!

It will probably be fine, your only 18 its really really rare for anyone that age to develop cancers. With the doctor saying 'could possibly' that dosent sound to me like he or she was very sure anyway, so that probably means its like only a distant possibility.

But you know there probably just cysts.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
I have had something very similar and they thought i had a cnacer of the lymph nodes, luckily it turned out to be paratitus, isay luckily that it wasnt cancer but it was the worst pain i ever felt, my whoe face swelled up frown good luck mate, hope its not what your worried about

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
frown sorry to hear that.
imagine being surrounded by white light.
love, light and hugs hug

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone Yeah i'm trying to stay posative.. but if it's cancer.. i just got my hair cut! damn.. (me tryin to be posative.. haha) but yeah he said that since there are more than one (about 4 or so) swollen that it might be bad

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
The power of positive thought should not be underestimated.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
You don't always lose your hair..
When my dad had treatmant for cancer the doctors said he would go bald, although he just went..kind of patchy. I don't know wether this is because of the strength of the medicine or other factors..but my dad swears it was because of his positive thinking.

All my love hug

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Panicing about what ifs and maybes don't help. I know its hard, but try not to. If you hope for the best and plan for the worst you can't go far wrong. IF and its a bit IF you do have cancer, as many have said before, you have caught it early and now can deal with it. Treatments have come on in leaps and bounds lately. More than likely it isn't cancer but something else. Whatever it turns out to be you have my support. If you need someone to talk to pm me.

All illnesses cause some amount of stress and angsity but I've found that people that wallow in doom and gloom are the ones that take the longest to recover. So for your own health and recovery rate look at all the good things going on around you and all the good fun you are still able to have, however sick you are. Focus always on the good.

hug
My fingers are crossed for you and I'm sending Healing vibes your way. Good Luck!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Like everyone says, the chances of it actually being cancer are slim. IF it is you are young and would have a very igh chance of survival. Try to look at positives such as, if I hadn't been through this experience, I wouldn't value life as much as I do now, gained maturity etc. Don't worry.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
I dont really know what to say, other than good luck.
Im sure everyone who comes across this thread will think the same, but like myself not know what to write.

Stay safe!! hug

You'll find me on the dance floor

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
Thank you all! hug ubblove I hope it's nothing The lump isn't any bigger thank god.. but yeah hope the meds the dr. gave me will do me well! bounce bounce2 ubblol weavesmiley hug rolleyes biggrin redface ubbrollsmile wink smile cool ubbloco ubbtickled clap nana meditate sunny thankx thankx thankx wavehello
I've been in high spirits actually and yeah poi has helped a bit :-P ^_^ thanks a bunch guys.. and girls

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
big BIG hug from a fellow raver!!!!

i know it's easy for me to say and hard to do but.......stay strong dude

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry to hear that hon, I really hope everything turns out ok for you. Have a HUGE hug, and please keep us posted on how you're doing!

hug hug hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
hope it all turn out for the best dude

*sends healing vibes your way

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
blu sounds like she's just walked out of a starwars movie but she's absolutely right positive thought can do a lot more good than you realise keep your chin up and tthink happy thoughts peace hug

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So I normally don't say the "C" word unless I've tried treating the lymph nodes and failed.

There are a lot of causes of cervical lymphadenopathy (which is swelling of the lymph nodes in the neck). These include:
1) Infection (viral, bacterial, fungal)
2) Reaction (to a previous infection)
3) Congenital (not nodes, but a cervical cyst)
4) Allergies
5) Cancer

So cancer is possible, but unlikely in any given case. Now, I don't know what your story is (whether the lumps have been there a long time, whether they're painful, whether you've had other symptoms) and I haven't examined you, so I wouldn't hazard to give probabilities, but in general cancer is unlikely and common things are common.

So good luck, but I'm doubting it's cancer.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I know how you feel, worrying I mean. I got an appointment with the minge doctor coz my results were "abnormal".
I'm not gonna go in to my medical problems but if I was a horse I would have been shot by now!

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
thanks doc.. they don't hurt to touch or anything.. i have a really bad soar throat tho.. My Dr. put me on anti-biotics or w/e way they are spelled haha adn that's not made anything happen.. i think i may need my tonstils (sp?) taken out.. i still got those lil effers and my throat it so swollen in that general area.. *shrug* my mom thought i might have aid.. (ugh) one of the syptoms is swelling of nodes.. (hehe nodes)

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
awesomeness i am cancer free!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
bounce YAY! bounce

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

hug

everyone's unique except me

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
thats an excuse to PAAARRRTTTAAAAYYYY!!!!

if i ever heard one beerchug beerchug beerchug bounce2 bounce beerchug beerchug

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

L0s3r_r@v3rSILVER Member
enthusiast
274 posts

Posted:
lol well i did.. Well.. Nvm .. MUUHahaha