Page:
KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I don't normally have a problem with it that I know of, I mean now and then of course I wind up sounding more like a broken record than a person....

But today its been ridiculous :/
I've been getting more random vowels per sentence than actual words....
(usually i, for whatever reason, seems to be the worst, altho the start of a sentence can always be tricky...)

And I'm just sooo embarreseed.... redface redface

I don't really know what to do about it, I can stop and individual case once i kind of figure out what I'm doing by taking a deep breath, but sometimes i just start stuttering again once I try talking!

Anyone else have any expirience for controlling stutters?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oh! I wonder.....

see, the thing is my voice changes to match where i am, which can be hell in two cases
1)The first few days anywhere
2)A really strong influence thats just one person who sounds significantly different than others nearby....

After a week in britain and the trip out of london to scotland i settled into something reasonable altho it fecked up a bit in york as my friend there has a *ridiculously* strong and different accent when he's at "home" (in america he sounds - well- not british!).
I wonder if just by moving countries enough I can keep getting rid of it! That would be capital... oh dear, i cannot belive i just said that.....
right.
But its still a good idea smile
I've started thinking in british voice a little too lately which is messed as I can't possibly talk like that around here without everyone including me thinking i'm batty plus i have almost no model....

c'est la vie

great thought tho

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Written by: Kyrian

That would be capital... oh dear, i cannot belive i just said that.....

ROFLMAO ubblol

Absolutely spiffing old boy! (Yes I do mean boy, not girl wink ) You'll soon see that Ginger beer by the croquet lawn is rather fine in the dastardly hot days of summer... biggrin

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I have a very odd accent, I was born in the south of england, and never really been in one place for more than a few years - recently, moving from the south, to south yorkshire, and then to west yorkshire (where every village seems to have its own dialect and particular twang) and now living in norfolk, my talking voice is starting to suffer, you see I use colloquialisms without using the accent, and I use words from all over the country, resulting in people thinking I'm from nearly every English speaking country excpet the UK....... Now I haven't been in Norfolk long enough to pick up any of the words yet, but goddess help me when I do! ubblol

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Oh, yeah, I was thrilled when people thought i was german/swedish on my trip. Just so long as people didn't try to pin me down as american (americans are smart enough to know i don't sound american!)

what did amuse me is americans thinking i sounded british (and canadians).

And my favourite... sitting in a tent with nick, arashi, and bluecat (goodness i really don't know nick's name on here) and not realizing nick was canadian, and people not realizing I was american....

And so we had a whole conversation about "you sound like me to me but you don't sound like us to us" blah blah etc.... Which eventually had bluecat shaking his head and thinking we were all a bunch of nutters.....

twas great tho. I can't wait to get back... I heard form york uni today!!! (nothing definitive, but i heard, thats important smile)

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
Kyrian i have a mild stutter too, you cant really hear it anymore, but when i was younger it was worse, yours sounds exactly like mine, and i hate it too. the main reason i stutter is because im nervous, and it sounds like you could be similar (esp when talking so someone it sounds like you are fond of). the problem is you have kinda got a self fulfilling prophecy going on, you think you're gonna stutter so you do, that could be why you have been stuttering more lately because you are more aware of it. the way i cope with mine is if im finding a sentence hard (i normally get stuck in the middle) i stop, and say the sentence in a different way so im not thinking about the word i got stuck on, hope this helps, keep smiling, and one thing ive learned, you are the only person your stutter matters to

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Page: