AustinBRONZE Member
54 posts

Posted:
Is poi legal to do on any street in the uk or will i have the police come and arrest my arse for doing it????

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
as long as you're not busking, using fire or annoying the public they can't stop you.

a busking permit is dirt cheap though and it depends on the policeman whether or not your use of fire constitutes a danger.

wherever you go, there you are.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
contact your local 'friendly' council for further info..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
I was on my local field last night and the pigs turned up and told me to beat it. So i did only to return 20mins later!!!!!
They came back after an hour and said that if they caught me again they would arrest me for "putting the safty of myself and others in danger", "making a public newsence of myself" and my favorite "damaging the grass" (What the suff i've been smoking, Sorry, wanna toke?? )
I wouldn't care usally, but last week, i was in the same place and the Fire brigade came out, gave me a stearn talking to, saw my fire extinguisers and barrel of water then sat down and watched for 1/2 hour!!!!

Just do it, just not with fire in a public place. You'll be fine. Who knows they may even enjoy it

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
ooo- don't you hate it when coppers think they are above them selves?

We had a one turned up to one of our practise sessions a while ago.. think it was because we had Infected Shrooms banging out loud from my car.. we didn't have any fire on the go - but I was waiting for the CrimJustBollox at us.. plus the place stank of green.. many a tin and packets of baccy strewn across the floor.. but he realised the ammount of paper work it would take to nick us all - we told him the security guard knows us (sometimes joins us - very good on long sword) and forked off tail between legs.

[ 06 November 2002, 06:48: Message edited by: Stix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
I did some fire poi in the town centre the other week to promote a club night that a friend was putting on...

Basically asked the pollies first and then went for it for a good half hour They seemed pretty interested actually... very safe. Could just be luck tho - not expecting that every time. Lucky they didn't know quite what to think too, haa haa haa... blag mysters r us!

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung