Forums > Social Chat > Getting married! Good idea or bad idea?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
Is getting wed a wonderful show of affection or just a waste of time?

plaese, your thoughts........

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
do not do it - men are evil - they pretend to be all hurt and walked over but they're just playing u. Yes i fell for that yet again.

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Sounds like you need to be rid of this bloke whos causing you all this grief, or at least take a break

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Wayne Campbell

Marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries

After my own experiences, I'm not sure what to think... I'm certainly not rushing into that decision again! Luckily certain things happened before any wedding was arranged...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
marriage is just a piece of paper and a band of gold - if you really love someone it shouldn't matter (you can always change your last name by deed poll to match his!)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
BAD IDEA !. It's just a piece of paper , legally if your liveing with a girl for more than six months your married . After that she can say i want half.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
HE kept pushing me for a date and when I said "I'm not bothered" he started running the whole guilt trip thing on me saying "I give you everything and all you give me is excuses"
He said yesterday that I'm only happy when he buys me stuff which IS NOT TRUE! I told him that I don't care about that stuff and the next thing he buys me to "make me happy" I'll throw it at him coz I've had a w**ks full!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
O dear.....

Be honest to yourself hun, do you really think you could spend the rest of your life with someone your not really sure about... and who makes you feel this way.

I know sometimes people stay together thru routine or convenience or when children are involved but you need to be selfish and do what it takes to make YOU happy.

There will always be people there for you to support and care for you... dont be afraid to ask for their help! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I just want the ground to swallow me.

crumbleBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry, I dont know you or your man so dont want you to assume I'm interfering or making judgements but marrying a guy that makes you feel like this,or doesn't understand that you feel like this, can only be a bad idea. If you need to talk about your feelings in this way on a very public forum because the person you are supposed to be the most intimate with in the whole world doesn't understand you then I have to say please, please dont get married, for the sake of your son and yourself.

Many people may see marriage as a distraction from what is happening now, but at the end of the day it is a bit of paper and not a plaster to heal all wounds. The hurt you are feeeling now can only be magnified by being legally joined to a person like this. I dont know you but I'd like to hug you

Pessimists are usually right but we have optimists to thank for progress

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i'm soooo sorry to say this but from what i've read on here and from when i've been talking to you i really don't think u shoul marry him please don't make a decision on what i've said it's just my opinion but it seems like he doesn't care for you and make you as happy as someone else could and to be honest i know how cheesy this sounds but your too good for him

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: LilMissSmartyPants

I just want the ground to swallow me.

Hun. You are gorgeous. you have a wonderful son. These things make you one of the luckiest people in the world. You needn't fear being alone. There are lots of people here willing to talk to you for hours, and not just because you are a beautiful lady. In fact, I'll PM you my MSN, should you ever want to talk to someone who has an idea of what you're going through...

*Big Hugs and smiles*

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Marie, you have to break it off. Seriously! I'll do it for you - tell him he's treated you like kakapoopies over the last few years.

funny how we've ended up in the same boat (and it's no censored yacht!)

You can take the girl outta Llandybie but you can't take Llandybie out of the girl ubblol

Now let's watch and laugh as non-welsh folk try to pronounce our village.
Muhahaha I'm eeeeevil!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
hug to ya honey, All men are w@nkers or Liers....think about it.. wink

and clandybye? or clandooby? footinmouth (just wanted to use that graemlin) ubblol

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
no say it like "land o' beer"

the Ll is like a vampire hissing

the y is pronounced urgh lol

it should come out like LLand-urgh-beer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
cool, didn't know if the y was pronounced like a u as in cymru
"cumri" ??? that right... land o beer ----- I like!!!!!!

If in doubt..... don't get married! that's the only good advice I ever got from my dad. (i'm 27 and yet to propose to a girl, but not scared of commitment, more scared of bankrupcy)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
girls dont bankrupt you, its the shoes they buy lol

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
When I started reading this thread I was all thinking how cute and I looked at your piccy and thought what a lucky bloke but then I got to the broken rings bit and all that and was nearly crying. I was the best man at my brothers wedding on saturday and it was beautiful, the best one I've been to. I was engaged to be married but we split up as she wants to party much much harder than I do.

I would encourage you to seek a bit of counselling, by yourself at first. Sounds like you need some help and it is there but you've got to go and get it, they won't coming knocking on your door to offer it.

Interesting statistic - blokes who get married live longer than blokes who don't but women who marry die before the ones that don't. Marriage can be a form of slavery rather than an equal partnership.

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Sounds good....where do I sign up.... are the women alotted or can you pick from some sort of catalogue??? wink
extra life pretty useless for me but slavery....hmmmm, I like it!

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
That was supposed to be a warning to the chicks on the board, not an advert to the blokes!

You can get catalogues of potential slaves, just google 'Mail order brides' There are thousands of Russian, Thai, Eastern European women itching for the chance to come and wash your socks and raise your children while you spend your time in the pub!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I have decided to just spin when we start arguing so if he gets nasty I can attack him with my street fighter xp moves lol.
only joking
I'm gonna just ride it out for now and if he says or does 1 thing outa line, I'm off. He can stick his wedding and his ring up his ring! Yes I am In a slightly violent mood today. It's better than crying. lol

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Written by: flamazine

women itching for the chance to come and wash your socks and raise your children while you spend your time in the pub!

ubblol Not what I meant wink, I can't think of anything worse than an overly house trained woman who WANTS to do all that....(although the pub thing sounds good)

But those statistics have been studied... they think men live longer due to healthier food and being generally more active when married (more DIY, gardening etc) and the single women generally remain active for longer (work etc) and eat more sensibly than married women. Therefore the life span is actually increased by prolonged healthy lifestyle rather than puting a ring on your finger (my married great granmother lived to 95)

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
I might just turn gay instead. He can't accuse me of sleeping with other men then. (I don't but he still accuses me. even if I have been in my mothers house all day)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
mam is gay? lol

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ABOUT? You are vodd my girl. Go pebble dash summat. I can't think of anything to say exept EH????

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
never mind....

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
ubblol Have you been at the cleaning fluid again? (Noxious fumes)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
no just gearing up for a lung full of paraffin for my first burn (tonight) *bounces off the walls*

by the way - like i told you - just leave him stranded at the altar lol

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
good luck (I want footage)

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
footage of my burn or of you diving into a limo after running the wrong way down the aisle and shouting "drive drive drive!"?
here's some footage *kicks you up the bumbum*
there lol

LMSPBRONZE Member
veteran
1,588 posts

Posted:
MAAAAMMMMYYYYYY TAMARAS BEING NAAAASTYY TOOOO MEEEEE.
Mammy said stop being horrible or your grounded! HA ha bloody HA!

Page: