Forums > Meet Others > Would you like to make money playing with fire?

Login/Join to Participate

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
I did post a 'job advert' on here once before and now I'm doing it again because my current assistant is off to travel the world. I'm looking for an assistant but it could end up with you being more of an equal partner.

I've been doing a live show for the last 3 seasons and it's been going pretty well although it's still not actually enough money to live on. I'm looking for someone who is up for travelling the country doing shows and having a laugh and getting paid for it. To be honest, it's really a girl I'm looking for but would consider a bloke. Reply to this thread or PM me. Also would help if you lived near Manchester or Somerset (in England!)

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

loppyBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
hey I am a student at Bath and am rapidly practising and learning new moves with my poi and just started experimenting with fire...if there was anyway I can help you I would love to. I intend to use poi a lot for my degree as there is a lot of dance choreography involved and once I graduate I am thinking of continuing it as a career somehow(if it pays the student loan eventually). I have started to experiment with movement whilst poiing. Even if you don't think I can help you I would love to arrange for you to come and do a show here, at my uni or something...my housemates and I all like circus skills and I am sure we could find you an audience, we all know people into the same stuff!!!

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Hi Loppy. That all sounds good. It'd be good to catch up with you soon. I'm near Bath this weekend but it's for my brothers wedding so I'm a bit tied up! I'm near bath quite a bit though, I'll PM you when I'm passing your way next, probably be about 2 weeks I think. Performing as a job is fab but unless you really work at it, it's quite hard to make enough money but being poor and happy is better that being more well off and miserable!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
I think it might be better telling us a little more about yourself... meeting and performing with a total stranger is a little bit scary... especially if you need to have alot of trust in them... how many shows have you don... do you have pictures... especially being a young female you can see where im coming from... if you had a daughter would you let her run off to fire perform with someone shes never met. xxx (You know i mean all this in the nicest way possible!) xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Sorry. Yes, I agree. My show is called The Manchester Company of Extreme Largeness. I've been doing the show for 3 years but actually doing stuff with fire for much longer than that. There is a picture on my home gallery of one of my stunts. If you go to UKScreen and look at my page on there (BurningMan or my real name Joseph Peace) there are some more pictures. I've lost count of the number of shows I've done but it must be over 100 by now. I've done shows at Glastonbury, Bulldog Bash, NASS, balloon festivals, private parties etc. On thursday I'm doing a show at Dave Courtney's place (google his name, he's quite a character) he's doing a book launch and his publicist reckons there'll be some really famous people there. I know Fred Elliot from Corry is going to be there and he says Marilyn Manson will be there. I'm not actually getting paid for this gig but if there is anyone who wants to come along I could do with a girl who is up for being put inside a strong box which is covered in paper and set alight, once the paper has burnt away, I open the box and you emerge topless (it's a 'magic' trick that goes wrong, you are supposed to come out wearing fire proof overalls!) If I can't find anyone in time I'll go in the box myself and emerge in my sequinned thong which is funny but not nearly as good as a girl doing it! If anyone is up for meeting up with me who wants to try to make a career out of poi/fire/performing I can promise hard work great fun and some level of fame (I've been in Loaded, will be in MBUK next month, I've been on Men and Motors, in various papers and on lots of websites). I can't promise to make you rich. I am a fairly nice guy with lots of friends who will give me good references. Hope that covers it, but please feel free to quiz me as much as you like.

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Oh, if you're not up for topless, a bikini works but from experience, topless goes down amazingly well! And you're only topless for a short while as I give you my fireproof overalls to wear and do the rest of the show in my thong!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
You know i am interested i this... just thought it was a little strange... the pain in the ass thing is that i cant drive! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Vixen. I'm staying at my Grandmothers in Hampshire on Wednesday night and driving to London Thursday morning. I could pick you up on the way. Then on Friday after the show I'm driving over to Somerset to my dads so could drop you off. I PM'd you my phone numbers. If you're interested, give me a call.

flamazinejourneyman
91 posts

Posted:
Vixen. I'm at the Showman's Show at Newbury Showground on 19th and 20th October, it's free to attend, you just have to pretend you're in the market of putting on events. Is that anywhere near you? It's just by the junction of M4 A34. You could come and see me there maybe?

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
That sounds brilliant... its not far from me at all! Altho you'll have to remind me closer to the time. xxx