KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
'But I'm beautiful'
Quote from Muriels 'friend' after she is dumped by the girls in Muriels wedding

Has anyone watched 'model behaviour'? What a bunch of egomaniacs! In my hungover haze I watched it yesterday and could not believe what complete fools the would be models were.

Why oh why is it that so many good looking people are complete and utter wankers!??

When I lived in Tokyo we used to go to a poncey joint in Roppongi called the 'Lexington Queen'. We used to go for the Free entry and free drink as we were poor students interning. I met a girl in the bathrooms who was really friendly and asked which agency I worked for. I replied Miki. When she said she hadn't heard of it I explained to her that was because it was a travel agency / tour operators. After that she did not have much to say to me ( shudder at the thought of hanging out with an intern, a non 'beautiful person'!!) A friend of mine asked some girl how much it was to get in when she was outside the Lex one night. The girl looked my friend up and down (she is a beautiful woman and a beautiful person, but she was a little overweight at the time) and replied, "I wouldn't know, models don't have to pay to get in".

Beauty money and power are great tools for attracting others as is 'cool' quotient. I think so many beautiful people end up being inconsiderate of others or downright nasty because they expect everything good the world has to offer as a given.

Not to discriminate against beauty because their are so many ugly wankers out there too and of course not all beuatiful people are nasty.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I've always work on my personality as I'm not one of the beautiful people - nor would I want to be.. my mums sister has two girls.. very very pretty and well endowed - the youngest looks a bit like Cluadia Shiffer - but my god is she up her own @ss! My friends that meet her are shocked when I say we are related!

Looks fade - don't worry about it babes - we are the beautiful people INSIDE - where it can't be ravaged by time! he he - can't wait to see her tits round her waist and her face looking melty..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My sisters are beautiful, but they are grounded and totally wonderfully 'nice' ( I know I am blessed with such fab siblings!) I think it is not so much the fault of the 'beautiful person' but the fact that they are spoilt because they are beautiful. Its a fault with society that beauty is given privilige.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Well I decided to make my return to this discussion group, with a topic appropriate to myself...beautiful people...

Well Kat, I am personally what I consider a beautiful person...However, I do not find myself to be a wanker or a dick or an ass or any other way one may want to describe the common behavior of good-looking people, such as myself

but the bottom line is, this behavior is not because they are stuck-up, it can usually be explained as a deep self-conciousness, that they have, which they must compensate for by being overly haughty about themselves (Just remember models are the most self concious of them all, they can be80 pounds and still consider themselves fat)

So trust me on this, if you think youre good looking, and act good looking, but remember who you are inside and stay true to yourself, you will be the best looking of them all...

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
i used to want to be one of the 'beautiful people'.. then i tried it and realizedi had a soul, and should stop pretending i didn't.

don't worry, karma will give them theirs.
you can only be beautiful for so long and if that's all you had going for you to begin with (cuz you spent all your time infront of a mirror instead of on your personality) then you'll be left with nada. and so they'll learn.

it's really sad though, watching one go the way of the hoochie and not being able to get through to them.
my ex gf is a beautiful gal, but now she wants to get into modelling and is talking about getting a nose job and how she went anorexic for two days. she wears so much make-up everyone i know comments on the whole 'paint-roller face' look.
meh, she'll learn the hard way.

to all you truly beautiful people. the ones that look good where it counts, inside. "those are some damn fine kidneys baby"

orangu-funking-tan

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
A lot of really goodlooking people are wankers about it largely because so many other people acted like being goodlooking was the most important thing about that peson and treated them like they are special because they're hot, not because they are good people.

Because humans are so visually oriented, it's hard to get away from having some valuation assigned to looks. But modern culture has taken it way too far, and kids (And hell, some adults) need to gently reminded on a regular basis that TV is NOT reality...

Every so often i get a chance to talk to a preteen who is or clearly will be gorgeous. I tell them : people will try to make your looks the most important thing about you and it really isn't true. Being goodlooking is convenient, that way you don't have to worry, you know you're covered on the looks thing, but what matters is not what you look like, what matters is who you are, how you act...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Wow, Kaos, long time no type! And I was thinking about you yesterday as well, but don't worry, not in that way!

Beauty and money are sexy and attract people, but it's only a passing attraction, an emotional house build on sand that can wash away with time. Richer and infenitely more valuable beauty and attraction is built on a rock of love, understand, compassion and all those other lovely qualities that make us truly love people.

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive, but people who get paid money or attention solely because they look beautiful can focus too much on that themselves and forget to balance their personalities with brighter goodness.

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
quote:
can't wait to see her tits round her waist and her face looking melty..
GOLD!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I guess I've never been one to judge based on physical appearance. most of the people who are considered "hot", "beautiful", "gorgeous", or anything else, are all very unattractive to me, because they are generally not happy with themselves. to me how attractive you are when I first see you comes from how you portray yourself. if you go out into the world confident in the fact you are a beautiful person, thats what people see. this is not to say I dont enjoy a killer body, pretty much all of the women I've dated have had the killer body, and that pretty much was the only reason I dated them. their personality was fair-decent, but to me the attractiveness was what balanced out the personality.

then of course there's the factor of inner beauty. most of the "beautiful people" are quite shallow and not worth giving the time of day (well, I guess they could give me a BJ if they wanted to, but thats only cause it would occupy their mouth from saying anything to me). for me personality wins over physical appearance every time.

hell, if I judged based solely on physical appearance, and went by the generalized standard, I would never have gotten together with my girlfriend. when I first met her I wasn't incredibly attracted to her. she carried herself well and had a fair amount of confidence that she was beautiful, but I wasn't going to all my friends saying "you should see this lady I met, damn is she hot!". but every day I spent in her company was that much more beautiful she got. and now, from my eyes, she is the sexiest fire dancer anywhere, and I wouldn't want anybody else.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
people who worry so much abouit their looks...
eventually looks are all they care about, till eventually the shallowness of that becomes them...this blinds them from what is really and truly important in life...

Thanx Dom...I'm touched (not in that way ) that you were thinking about me, I kinda missed this place...

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I used to model and did so cause I enjoyed it not because it was 'cool' or meant that I was beautiful. Its not as easy a job as it appears.

Well hmmmmm....

Beautiful people?!?!

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL.

Beauty is relative.

Many people find me beautiful (physically) but you know what I dont enjoy that very much. Why because most men I meet want my body not my mind.

My mind is far more beautiful than I could ever be.

How would you feel (how do you feel?!) when people only want your looks and try to ignore the fact that you might have a brain?

Those 'beautiful' people dont always get what they want in life and are often superficial because of all the hurt inside.

Pls. lets not put 'models' or 'beautiful' people into groups. It hurts them more than helps them. After all do we talk about the 'ugly' people this way?????

We shouldnt judge groups but individuals... Actually we shouldnt judge at all we should either get away if we dont like them or swallow our pride and try to help. With friendship and love.
Many beautful girls are hated for their beauty and treated like objects because of it.
THAT HURTS.

Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I have been called beautiful but I don't let that define me. I know plenty of beautiful girls and guys who don't let their looks stop their development so why do so many people think that beauty is all that matters. My brother once commented on a boyfriend of mine saying I go for 'personality rather than looks'. I felt very offended as he was handsome to me even if my brother seemed to think I should be going out with a better looking guy.

But there are so many good looking people that never seem to develop any other part of themselves as they rely on their looks. I think though to some extent as I mentioned that this a society fault. Perhaps they were spoiled by their parents / teachers and got away with a lot because of their looks.

When I refer to the "beautiful people" I am referring to the asses that act like beauty is all, only hang around with other good looking folk and are basically rather shallow. Not people who are beautiful inside and out.

My gripe also applies to snobs / people for who position is everything / the 'I am too cool' crew etc. I don't think any one aspect of someone should define you and how you treat others around you.

Have to quote Kaos on this.
quote:
if you think youre good looking, and act good looking, but remember who you are inside and stay true to yourself, you will be the best looking of them all...

Stay beautiful you all!

- W B Yeats

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
yah, master sodium,
you've got a point
those that society categorizes as good looking usually aren't to me.
i like original people that don't plaster on their faces every morning.
who cares what people look like.
people are people are people are people.
and we're all made from the same stuff.
not to mention come from the same coniousness, if you believe in the one mind

orangu-funking-tan

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
I'm with Drome on this one

thank god for my mind! it shines where my body couldnt possibly

its very hard to be conventionally beautiful when you are scarred as i am. But i am beautiful (please excuse my ego), its something i work hard at. Its something i am kinda proud about too. That i can be ordinary (even freakish) looking, but covered in gorgeousness on the inside!

Physical appearance is the thin veneer that hides our souls. I hope its what people DONT see when they look at me. I hope my soul shines bright enough that they dont even notice my face....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
A few beautiful models here, proving the point stated above: "stay true to yourself, you will be the best looking of them all.".
I was a model once, catwalks, cameras and all. I modelled dresses.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Owwwy my head hurts! Im way too beautilful to think about things like this! My beautiful little brain's all flustered now.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
gonna echo a thought by jade Lynx .. many times people act a certain way because the rest of us tell them it's okay ... the high horse is a good place to be, you get to look down.. ( i've been there and i'm sure you've all been there too ) .. when i meet someone with the pretty attitude .. i let it slide .. as a troll i find that people often treat me very differently .. and thats a good thing , yeah i'm fat and ugly .. so they assume i'm stupid or poorly educated .. thats also a good thing ...

here's the thing , if i let someone treat me like a thug then i become a thug . if i treat someone like a princess then they become a princess .. there are a lot of people who think their place is a little higher than it really is .. let 'em think that .. it just means when they fall they fall harder than we do ...

but the bottom line is most men are attracted to pretty girls , most women attracted to hunky guys ..

( so far i've never overheard a woman looking at a short fat bald guy sayin' " look at him!! mmmmmm gimme some of that!!!!)

i'm not complaining , for the most part every girl who i have had a relationship was there because they liked the person i was ..

sometimes i pity the pretty people , they only have their power as long as their looks hold out ... and if we don't even give them that, then they have nothing

( pass a hat for the pretty people they wil need cosmetics and surgery or their lifestyle will die )

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
yeah I can definately ralte to this topic..
i'm no where near being a beautiful person (on the outside anyway).. I like to think i'm a nice guy though.

i wrote a lil something about it awhile back....

there is a goodlooking man
he cries out for beauty
everyone listens but no opne cares
already beautiful, what else does he need
everyone can see his beauty
everyone gives him a chance
and he is loved by all
all who spy him walking to
all who know him only as the unknown
he can have whoever he desires
he gets many he does not desire
they come as the plague to him
there is a hideous man
he cries out for beauty
no one listens, why would they care
he is truly ugly, love is all he needs
no one can see-- what beauty?
he once had a chance
he loved too much is all
all he sees walking to
all he knows only as the untouchable
he can have no one he desires
he is the one no one desires
he comes as the plague to them

hey, and while looking for that, I came upon this..
maybe it's my lucky day.

i long to be one of the beautiful crowd
who get their constant stares of affection
it makes me want to scream so loud
everyone has lost their sense of direction
because when the beautiful step into their sight
immediately they are loved by all
and many people will put up a fight
over who gets to stay with Him down the hall
because of this I feel so dead
no one cares except about your looks
‘who cares of you are nice’ you say in your head
oh well, ‘too bad all the hot ones are crooks’
so I can do naught but hear myself cry
and curse and wonder at your twisted ways
what’s so bad about being the nice guy
to this I’m doomed for the rest of my days

SOrry about that..
but hope you liked them anyway.

Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I want to see a photo of Dom wearing dresses!!!

- W B Yeats

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
This is a bit far down now to be relevent, but:

Stix, you are one of the beautiful people - you just won't admit it.

(I'll get some photos up so everyone can go "Wow!")

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
You don't have to be one of the 'beautiful people' to be beautiful (you also don't have to be beautiful to be one of the beautiful people - look at Lady Vic Hervey - woof!)

As Durbs said - just cause you don't have an obvious barbie look like your cousin does not mean you are not a beauty Stix

- W B Yeats