Page: ...
Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ok, i know this is a little early but people have been asking me about this.....

Date: 5th November 2005

Place: Bath,UK (it was either this or St. Austell in Cornwall)

Reason: to celebrate the birthday of Bird and Gayle with fellow HoPpers biggrin

Some people have had advance warning of this but it's my birthday on the 5th November and Bird's is the following week. We've decided to combine the two and get a few HoPpers together for the day.

Instead of everyone travelling to Cornwall we thought Bath might be a better location.

Crash space is available - bring sleeping bag

EDIT: I think the crash space limitation has been passed three or four times, so i'm reluctely gonna have to say - no more crash space available. The list of attendees is already in it's twenties and i don't think we can fit any more in unless i move house. Sorry. If people who said they might come at the beginning and have since changed their minds - if they could post then i could offer space to people who DO want to come.....NEW: YOUTH HOSTEL DETAILS POSTED ON THREAD - ST. CHRISTOPHERS INN, CENTRAL BATH. ROOMS FROM £16

Bath Spa train station is about a four minute walk from my house. If car directions are needed please PM me and i will gladly send you some instructions by car. IF YOU NEED INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ASK!!!

Start from about 11/midday - give me chance to wake up and tidy up from previous night's party.

Might have a wonder to Victoria Park if people fancy a daytime spin then bimble back to my house for cake and a spot of dinner (although i've put no thought into what to feed people so it might be pot luck). SEE EDIT!!!!

If people are up for a fire spin then we can take a trip to a nice fire spinning location later on in the evening.

After that all back to mine to carry on partying. ubbloco

There is only one condition of attendance and that is to sing "Happy Birthday" in the stupidest voice ever on arriving... ubblol

Hope to see lots of you there - i don't even mind if you please yourself during the day and visit the Roman Baths or something, just as long as you come along for the night.

...now to kidnap Firepoise

Much ubblove, hug and kiss

Gayle + Bird

NEW: Please bring warm clothes, waterproof blankets and a torch......!!!!!

We have found a lovely daytime spinning location in Sydney Gardens is Bath. It is a short walk from my house along the canal.

Dinner plans have been suggested as the Indian takeaway at the bottom of my road. There is also a burger and pizza place for more fussy types and can also arrange chinese if people want.

Night time spin has been sorted and drivers have been appointed. The place we have in mind is a short drive outside of Bath to a place called Box. People might recognise the name from the Box Train Tunnel which cuts straight through Box hill. The is also an underground MoD compound there. Please can all drivers remain sober enough to make sure we can transport everyone to the site and back - we don't want to leave anyone there!

Please bring warm clothes and a torch. Please also have a respect for the community of Box and try to keep the noise down whilst we're there. We don't want to get moved on. frown

Everyone who has recevied emails from me about Friday night can you please please reply. I need your confirmations as soon as possible. Thank to people that did reply - further instructions will be sent to you.....

UCOF and BOV have offered to harass people that haven't replied so prepare for a spanking spank

After reading the thread for GothFrogette we are hopefully going to try and raise a bit of cash in the afternoon with a bit of busking. This will only be an hour or so in the afternoon at some point depending on how the day goes. Details are in the thread.....

EDITED_BY: Gayle......! (1129201572)

Gayle.....!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Have you been to the toilet?
I was always told to do that when I was at school.....

smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
yes, i have been awake loads of the night with really bad muslce pains in my stomac, and intestines, on teh right side of my body frown

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Period pains?
umm

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no, i went to the movies yesterday, and ate a LARGE box of pop corn pretty much to mysefl, and i think i am now paying th eprice, by being in loads of consipated pain, i have been to boots, got some senacot max strength, and some nurofen to take care of it, but im grumpy cos of it, and i dont wnat to runi the evening frown

Step (el-nombrie)

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i just had a hopper pm me and advice me to go to hospital, incase of apendisitus, but i am pretty sure this is what it felt lik ethe last tim ei was constipated ubbcrying

it just akes, and i dont think its that serious, as it was quite painful last night, and has gotten a little better today....

and jon, HOW THE HEEL WOULD YOU KNWO WHAT A PERIOD PAIN IS?

as sophie asked me this monring, when i said the pain felt like a period pain wink

Step (el-nombrie)

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
Have a kick ass great birthday Gayle and Bird!!

sounds like it's going to be a great party, i will have a long distance drink to celebrate wink

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
boobs!!!

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Have an awesome time guys!

smile

- Steph

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
sorry I couldnt come guys, i know you'll have a wicked time though, so have some fun for me biggrin hug

Jake the Juggler

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Oooooh that was fun guys - Gayle and Neil you are absolute stars and the best hosts on the planet hug2 kiss ubblove

Jake you missed a good one hun hug

Frankly mech, your period pains were the least of our worries - the image of you on saturday morning will stay with me forever :shudder: - damn there isn't a graemlin for that - and Chutney's ahem 'wind' problem.....

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
Sent a message asking gayle but nobody found or picked up a quick silver fleece did they ive lost one of mine goodness knows were ive a feeling it was in the quarry/wood if somebody did supper if not my fault for being dumb enough to have lost it

Thanx gayle and neil for a great day was good to see everybody hopefully see some people again soon

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
OK, Lost and found list:

Found -

Sarah's fleece

2bags brolley

Skully's shoes

Skully's T-Shirt

Will's Hat

Elaine's Blue trackkie top

A yellow hairbrush???

I shall add to the list as and when i find things. Couldn't search this morning as i would have had to have waken UCOF and Bov.

Thanks guys for coming over and making it a painfree enjoyable weekend. Special shouts go to Elaine for washing up, Jon for bacon snacks and helpfulness and fantastic fire building, Bird for shifting the dishwasher, taking me back to Bath for paraffin and the boiled egg mission.

Thank you to Bov, Chutney, UCOF and Bird for tidying up yesterday.

I had a really really surreal weekend, which was really enjoyable. I'm gonna sit at home tonight in a big ol' empty house and let it all sink in!

Some photos are up in the gallery.

You never know, we may just do this again wink

Gayle.....!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone who came and made it what it was! Thanks expecially to Gayle and Neal for putting up with us all for the weekend.

*goes off to play with photoshop*

biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i would like to officially apologise for all my nudity!

wink

well you know what i mean, thank you gayle and neil for a good w/e. you are a pair of awsome hosts biggrin

thank you thank you thank you!

Step (el-nombrie)

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Indeed, Thanks to our hosts and to all the attendees biggrin

Special thanks for letting me get so close to Mech- I couldn't get anywhere near that close at the zoo wink

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
I recall someone claiming to have had a video camera, did any footage get taken?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i think that was chuckney, and after what i did you him, i dont think his hands where standle enough to not have wobblie footage biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

BirdGOLD Member
6,086 posts

Posted:
me?? I'm totally innocent of all wrongdoing, ever! ubbangel no, really, I am! wink

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
That was a fantastic weekend biggrin

I've got Will's hat by the way - I'll give it back to him in sheffield if he's nice to me wink

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gayle......!

OK, Lost and found list:

Found -
Sarah's fleece
2bags brolley
Skully's shoes
Skully's T-Shirt
Will's Hat - Bov to give to Will at Sheffield
Elaine's Blue trackkie top (foxhole)
A yellow hairbrush???

Ok adding to the list:

a brown towel
a white hoodie (spanner???)
a small bag with roses on containing hairbrush, slides, camera etc (Elaine??)
a black long sleeved topman tshirt
A black M&S shirt (15 1/2)
Stamp Jeans - 34 waist
a small black bag containing leads
and so Jeff Banks Grey pants!! eek

Please can you sort out some way with me of getting your stuff back as i can't afford to post it all. Neal would like to keep the stamp jeans and i would like the topman black long sleeved t-shirt wink

Gayle.....!

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Erm- Topman longsleeve shirt is mine - bugger, I wear that lots smile Hold on to it for now gayle, I'll paypal you some money when I have some to mail it back smile

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Yup to the hoodie and bag with contents - I'd pay for postage but don't fancy the camera's chances so when I do my southern tour in the next month or so I'll swing by Bath and pick them up if that's ok hun hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

SDLWSILVER Member
326 posts

Posted:
yay and thanx heaps to who ever found the fleece is my second favourite one, losses my reason to go buy a new one but gayle if ya can hang on to it and let me know when is a good time i shall toodle over and pick it up and if i can co ordinate my toddling to the same time as elaine all the better if not give me a shout yeah and ill come get it

Tell me and I forget, Show me and I remember, Involve me and I understand

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Do what Scott threatened to do with all the stuff left at his house in Nottingham..... he never did do it but it would have been fun to watch if he had.

Put it all up for auction on Ebay. If the owners really want it they can bid for it and pay package and postage biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
so, no-one admitting to the pants ubblol MECH!

Gayle.....!

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
this one group of travelling german craftsmen and women that were at Art Center, have this as a sort of tradition that if they lose things... they have to buy them back. Or so i am told, we will test it out, as they left a LOT of stuff...

so is it THAT unreasonable? biggrin

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Gayle: biggrin hug2 Thank yooooooooou. kiss Ping?

That was a great weekend, thanks to you all for making it what it was. bounce

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Thnks for having us Gayle, hope you Bird and the other person (Sorry forgot their name) has/had a great birthday!! all the best bounce and thanks for finding my hat biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
i'm glad to hear people had a good time.

I've had some time to sit and think about the weekend now, and I must apolgise for maybe seeming a tad stressed on Saturday. I really wasn't expecting Mike to turn up and was a bit thrown by it (well who wouldn't!! ubblol). You guys were fantastic with helping out and getting going. I didn't want anyone to feel i was snubbing them for somebody they'd never met, and i hope this wasn't the case.

The fireworks that were going off before we left the house, really shook me up. If anyone has seen me around fireworks before, then they will understand. This didn't put me in the best of moods, in fact all i wanted to do was crawl under a rock and wait for them to stop. This is why, when i got to Box i was a little less than amused. Once i calmed down and couldn't hear them i relaxed and chilled out. Again, i'm sorry. We haven't had a fireworks night since we've been living in Bath so i wasn't sure about who would be setting them off and the like.

I had a great time and was so pleased everyone came. I felt that despite not having enough cups and plates or room we coped and made a excellent weekend of it. So i'd like to thank all that came and all they did. i know it's hard trying to integrate all parts of my life into one and i know some of you felt like i didn't enjoy myself or i was stressed or pissy. Believe me, i was fine, just wanted to make sure all the people that made the effort to come, had a good time too.

I'd like to think, that if i did open house again, everyone that came, would be happy to come again. grouphug

Gayle.....!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i think those pants are mine...

if it helps i think they are clean, and they are bloody good pants to, those are my sophie knickers, i like to wear them to make her think i have good pnats.....

ill send you a stamped addressed envelope to get them back, hows thta?

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ...