Page: ...
Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Ok, i know this is a little early but people have been asking me about this.....

Date: 5th November 2005

Place: Bath,UK (it was either this or St. Austell in Cornwall)

Reason: to celebrate the birthday of Bird and Gayle with fellow HoPpers biggrin

Some people have had advance warning of this but it's my birthday on the 5th November and Bird's is the following week. We've decided to combine the two and get a few HoPpers together for the day.

Instead of everyone travelling to Cornwall we thought Bath might be a better location.

Crash space is available - bring sleeping bag

EDIT: I think the crash space limitation has been passed three or four times, so i'm reluctely gonna have to say - no more crash space available. The list of attendees is already in it's twenties and i don't think we can fit any more in unless i move house. Sorry. If people who said they might come at the beginning and have since changed their minds - if they could post then i could offer space to people who DO want to come.....NEW: YOUTH HOSTEL DETAILS POSTED ON THREAD - ST. CHRISTOPHERS INN, CENTRAL BATH. ROOMS FROM £16

Bath Spa train station is about a four minute walk from my house. If car directions are needed please PM me and i will gladly send you some instructions by car. IF YOU NEED INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE ASK!!!

Start from about 11/midday - give me chance to wake up and tidy up from previous night's party.

Might have a wonder to Victoria Park if people fancy a daytime spin then bimble back to my house for cake and a spot of dinner (although i've put no thought into what to feed people so it might be pot luck). SEE EDIT!!!!

If people are up for a fire spin then we can take a trip to a nice fire spinning location later on in the evening.

After that all back to mine to carry on partying. ubbloco

There is only one condition of attendance and that is to sing "Happy Birthday" in the stupidest voice ever on arriving... ubblol

Hope to see lots of you there - i don't even mind if you please yourself during the day and visit the Roman Baths or something, just as long as you come along for the night.

...now to kidnap Firepoise

Much ubblove, hug and kiss

Gayle + Bird

NEW: Please bring warm clothes, waterproof blankets and a torch......!!!!!

We have found a lovely daytime spinning location in Sydney Gardens is Bath. It is a short walk from my house along the canal.

Dinner plans have been suggested as the Indian takeaway at the bottom of my road. There is also a burger and pizza place for more fussy types and can also arrange chinese if people want.

Night time spin has been sorted and drivers have been appointed. The place we have in mind is a short drive outside of Bath to a place called Box. People might recognise the name from the Box Train Tunnel which cuts straight through Box hill. The is also an underground MoD compound there. Please can all drivers remain sober enough to make sure we can transport everyone to the site and back - we don't want to leave anyone there!

Please bring warm clothes and a torch. Please also have a respect for the community of Box and try to keep the noise down whilst we're there. We don't want to get moved on. frown

Everyone who has recevied emails from me about Friday night can you please please reply. I need your confirmations as soon as possible. Thank to people that did reply - further instructions will be sent to you.....

UCOF and BOV have offered to harass people that haven't replied so prepare for a spanking spank

After reading the thread for GothFrogette we are hopefully going to try and raise a bit of cash in the afternoon with a bit of busking. This will only be an hour or so in the afternoon at some point depending on how the day goes. Details are in the thread.....

EDITED_BY: Gayle......! (1129201572)

Gayle.....!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
yeah, and i think the staying elsewhere might be a really good backup plan as i know we're gonna be a really tight squeeze!! Can you take some others with you?? ubblol

Come along and join the fun!

Gayle.....!

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I am sure there will plenty of space gayle. . . maybe you should devise a stacking process. . .

Rossco,Jon,Skully and Pink all managed to sleep on my bed (i wasn't in it) when everyone stayed at mine. . .

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

waits patiently to be harrassed by UCoF and Bov

ubbangel not been in for a lil bit so confuzzled as to whats happening confused

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
um....can ask! don't actually know where she lives....is bath particularly big?

do you have a garden?may bring a tent just in case!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Gayles Garden is un-tentable unless its a pop up one as its all stone covered. There will be room. The house has lots of space if we don't all mind being a bit like sardines in sleeping bags. Just be sure to bring a sleeping bag.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Jen - worry not. That particular statement doesn't apply to you.

Maus - Bath is not overly big, unless she lives on the outskirts which people seem to class as Bath. The centre of Bath is small. Directions will be on the way to people once they ask! Unfortunetely Bath is not great at providing people with gardens or parking. We got very lucky and have both even if it has no grass! So, like Skully said - tents are out unless you fancy sleeping on a very cold slab floor. The house is pretty big. We have a small bedroom upstairs twice. A pretty big living room upstairs and the kitchen floor downstairs. We have one double airbed to put people in the kitchen with. A bigger than double sofa bed upstairs in the living room plus floor space....

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
sounds like it'll be fine,but will find out where my friend lives tonight.

could you also PM me directions or just a rough idea of where you live,and that way if she's fairly close to you i'll stay there and if i can take a few people with me.

i know this is a little rude as its your birthday thread, but have you seen skullys thread in the help forum about gothfrogette?

i was wandering as theres going to be so many of us up there,perhaps we could take an hour out of our time on one of the days/evenings to try and help out?

let me know what you thin,it's just an idea as i don't know what your full plans are for the weekend,but thought if there was some time free-i can't really think of a better way to spend it!

biggrin

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
OK. To help Gothfrogette out (https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/522742/Main/522500#Post522742) we can busk in the centre of Bath for a hour in the afternoon. If we go to Syndey Gardens for a bit - maybe even work out something to do to wow the crowds, then hop into town and set up. I don't think Fire would be appropriate due to the small-ness of Bath centre but maybe something pretty with flags and tails????

Here are Bath's rules on busking:

Busking and other forms of street entertainment are part of the Bath ‘experience’, creating an enhanced atmosphere and providing pleasure to many people, both local residents and visitors. Buskers and Street Entertainers in Bath are asked to follow a Code of Practice, which is detailed below.

On occasion, however, particularly for people living or working in the city centre, busking may be intrusive, annoying, indecent and offensive. As a result, both the Local Authority and the Police receive many complaints about the volume and sometimes the nature of busking and street entertainment.

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 noise in the street from musical instruments may be a statutory nuisance and the Local Authority is able to take legal action to abate the nuisance and prohibit or restrict its recurrence; this may include the seizure of musical instruments and amplification equipment.

If you encounter problems with Street Entertainers please contact the following people:

For matters relating to obstruction of the ‘public highway’ and offensive behaviour – The Police 01275 818181

For matters relating to noise control - Bath & North East Somerset Council 01225 477563

Code Of Practice
1. Noise (for example music and voice) should not be so loud that it can plainly be heard at a distance of 50 metres. Busking must not be intrusive or a nuisance to nearby premises.

2. Amplification equipment is not permitted.

3. An entertainer should not perform for longer than 1 hour in any location and should not perform again in that location (or within 50 metres of it) for 2 hours. Note: particularly noisy entertainers (e.g. bagpipers or drummers) should not perform for longer than 30 minutes.

4. Entertainers shall not obstruct the highway. Entertainers are also responsible for ensuring that the highway is not obstructed by people gathering to listen or to watch the performance. The highway includes any pedestrianised areas.

5. An entertainer should not locate within 50 metres of another entertainer who is also performing.

6. Entertainment is only permitted between the hours of 10:00hrs and 20:00hrs.

I don't mind taking an hour out during the day to see if we can raise some funds but i don't want to disturb the evening plans.

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
wow! thats all fantastic gayle,thankyou for being so organised!

daytime sounds good,and even if we only make a few quid-every litlle helps.
thankyou thankyou thankyou!

(and sorry again for the mild hijacking of your birthday thread)
x

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
sounds will be a really good one and can help Froggie at the same time~
Can I come along?
need a space for crash please

All the best
eccles

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
That sounds handy, I dont think theres any need to appologise for talking abou busking. It gives us a chance to spin poi (wich we all love) and have fun together as a group, busking could be like part of the plans for the weekend dont you think.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
As everyone can see crash space is getting exceptionally tight. We're up to 23 people. Plus me and my other half - that's 25 people in a two bedroomed house. I'll say to people come for now and hope people drop out, so there's some room. ubblol

I'm not sure how many people out of the 23 are still coming as i've heard no word from them since this thread began but i can't rule them out as if they do come i think they should get a space as they did cite their interest first.

I'm really not sure how i'm gonna fit everyone in and i can't call on friends to help out as they all live in Bristol and Chippenham (10 miles either side of Bath)

I'm having a nightmare day at work so i'm sorry if this sounds stressy. I don't want to dissappoint anyone but at the same time don't want people to travel if there is no room at the inn!! aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Eccles - yes, do come but i warn you there might not be any space left in my house to sleep.

Gayle.....!

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
I'm still planning on coming, but if there is not enough crash space I can easily drive home as it's only about 30 mins drive . . .

Jake the Juggler

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Gayle hun do, not panic, even if we have to sleep in shifts we will work something out hug I'll sleep in the bath if I have to. I'm sure we will get in somehow. Besides when are we going to sleep? I thought we were spinning all day and evening and filming lesbian lust films all night biggrin

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Lesbian lust films…… I didn’t know that was the plan wink biggrin

Not wishing to add to Gayle’s stress hug ubbsmokinvegas hug
But…..the thing I was doing that weekend, well I’m not anymore, so is there room for me too? I can sleep standing up if that helps at all ubbangel

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
it will all be fine, don't worry be happy now . . .
ad yeah for even more people to party with ...
hug

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
ok ok. i'm home now and away from stressy evil work.meditate If you want to come, by all means come.

You'll have to find out if there is anywhere left to sleep when you get here.

I think we can sleep a max of 18 so we're over by 6ish, bear in mind we might have lost people since this thread was posted first. So, if you're coming and are one of the later ones you'll have to take a chance that there might not be room. I will not be held responsible over sleeping space. It's not my fault i'm so popular wink ubbangel ubblol

Commence Scramble ubblol

Gayle.....!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
*jumps into the centre of the room awaiting the fight*

avast then me heartys, blaggard be thee! i shall go to the ball!

hug gayle, please dont be stressed

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
i'm sure the name of this thread has been altered multiple times today.....

**is confuddled**

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
* lies down on floor in the corner defeated by bubbles, and falls asleep* smile

hug

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
**sits on sleeping matt**

ooh.....he's comfier than he looks y'know! wink

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran
1,314 posts

Posted:
I have been working on the belly for such an event . . . smile

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Written by: maus

i'm sure the name of this thread has been altered multiple times today.....

**is confuddled**

Yes it has, but the situation has changed during the day and i'm trying to keep everything together. Sorry for the confusion caused - i'm just trying to keep everything on track for birthday celebrations with minimum hassle.

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
no worries hun.....jsut thought i had been going mad-it's been a long day!

**hands gayle massive spliff,cuppa tea,and a chocolate muffin**

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
if its too much of a squish i can go home after rather than stay, its not too far to get home

don't stress gayle, it will all be ok biggrin hug ping!

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Elaine and I only count as 3/4 people in a sleeping space count because we are only little biggrin

I'm ready to scarifice comfort for the sake of partying.... I'm happy to sleep on top of.......... runs a finger down the guest list Trippy, Millhouse, Bov, Cantus, Jonny UCoF, Aled, Matty, Rossco, G, 2bags, Bird, strugz..... hmmm ok I know even if I stretch out my whole body as far as I can I couldn't manage to lay on top of them all, but I could take it in turns ubblol

Spot the woman that did the whiskey cure for chest infections this evening biggrin

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
im gonna try and get my bumble to this one now, I understand gayle you said theres no more space available, what are my other options that dont involve becoming a hermit?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
errrmmmm. sleeping in the garden. sleeping in a car. hoping maus's friends lives quite close and can take you. hope one of the Bristol lot come and offer some space....ohhh, an almost endless list...ubblol

Up to you Will. We'd all love to see you i just can't guarentee space any more frown DAMN YOU SMALL HOUSE. I need to get a bigger one! ubblol

Gayle.....!

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
gayle can you PM me details of where you live so i can see how close my friend lives to you? biggrin

Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Yep PM on way.....There are also a couple of small B&Bs round the corner as well. It's looking good at the moment though so hopefully things will be ok....

Gayle.....!

Page: ...