Forums > Social Chat > Music....help me out here!

Login/Join to Participate

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
torn and bleeding warrior of love
133 posts

Posted:
Aight...i have about 5 or 6 hours of techno, rave, trance, everything... But, i want some happy hardcore. Does anyone know any really good happy hardcore songs? (Any kind, but perferably with a really tight beat and no singing) I just need something to move to!

[ 04 November 2002, 05:21: Message edited by: Masta Rava Breaka ]

I need to find something witty for this so people like me...

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:
Happy Tardcore, its chessy as fuk, i wouldn't bother!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Urban_Culture:
Happy Tardcore, its chessy as fuk, i wouldn't bother!
Oh come now, be nice

Happy Hardcore, in my area at least, if pretty hard to come by in stores and such. Some of the bigger names as far as albums go are Brisk, Breeze, and Anabolic Frolic. Those are pretty much the only three dj's I've seen with mixes out, all are farely good though I mainly have Frolics stuff. He has a weekly online radio show, here's the link:

happyhour radio

Though last week's show, the ones that currently on archive and the one you'll hear if you click listen, was not they're greatest. I mean it was still cool, but the week before they did a best of show which they showcased some nice new tracks. Oh, by "they" I mean Frolic and Silver One.

My local fave, who if you don't live MN you'll probably never find his stuff on cd, is Dj Spree. He's amazing, simply amazing. You can find alot of his sets here at this link:

Spree's Stuff

That site has tons of free sets to download, both live and studio mixes, of various US dj's. They're all high quality, though none are well known outside of local rave scenes. My personal suggestion for one of spree sets, download his Summer Anthems 2002 studio mix first, it's on the second page of his sets, kind of near the bottom, like 8th from the bottom.

So yeah, there you go, hope you like some of it.

[ 04 November 2002, 08:44: Message edited by: Jello ]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Heya MRB - Can't help you with sourcing any happy hardcore, other than typing it into a search engine.... BUT - I'm very curious as to why it appeals to you. What is it about happy hardcore that you like?

Any other happy hardcore fans are also free to answer this question.

I'm genuinely curious.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
flash fire - Happy Hardcore is just fun music. It's upbeat and positive, with a "tehe" kind of flair. Plus of course it's fast with alot of beats, hence the hardcore part. It's a big pick me up, kind of out control in it's happiness.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
I love techno, especially rave, trance, breakbeat, happyhardcore, ect. But happy hardcore, by far, is the fastest and most complex type of techno. My mom and sister love country...the most SIMPLE music there is. I have to have complex stuff. Happy hardcore is freak music i kno (ever been to a happy hardcore party? they wear hello kitty baby backpacks...) but it's also the fastest there is. There are some really good ones too, such as "I can't stop raving" by DJ Liquid (A lot are better, i just can't remember them now). Basically, i want something that will be the hardest thing to keep up with when i spin. It's so fast, keeping up with the beat will really teach me how to control the poi at any speed.

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Jello:
flash fire - Happy Hardcore is just fun music. It's upbeat and positive, with a "tehe" kind of flair. Plus of course it's fast with alot of beats, hence the hardcore part. It's a big pick me up, kind of out control in it's happiness.
That is another reason...like most techno, it's a high you can't get anywhere else

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
okay, cool... You say you like it fast and complex, and obviously prefer music with an elevated spirit, so have you ever heard of psytrance and, if so how do you feel it compares with happy hardcore?

I'm a core psytrancer... My lifestyle revolves around psytrance parties (aka Bush Parties or Doofs) and the community of doofers within it.

Whenever a person really starts to celebrate the music of the scene they are a part of, they generally fall into the belief that their music (mine being psytrance) really is the most complex and spiritual..... So I don't want to crap on about how in tune the music is with our chakras or the vibrations of Gai, Mother Earth... or that feeling of absolute connectedness that the combination of music, nature and people can create on occasion....

i guess I am woman enough to admit that I kinda came from happy hardcore or something akin to it in the early 90's. Underground warehouse parties, then I started going to outdoor techno and tech-trance parties in the mid-90's... After coming back from overseas and finding psytrance, I knew I was home - the music has EVERYTHING i have ever been searching for and my tribe of people rock my world

Non-Https Image Link

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
A long time ago I bought one album put out by moonshine called psytrance and at the time I wasn't blown away by it. It was really slow to progress in themes, everything kind of blended into one continuous song. oh wait, found it, its labeled pyschotrance 4, maybe something different??? It was cool I guess, but kind of background type music.

Happy hardcore just gives me a bouncy flying feeling..... I just put in Frolics Chapter 6

[ 04 November 2002, 15:25: Message edited by: Jello ]

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hey! I have that CD too! Bought it about 4 years ago.

That music is def not psytrance!! I cannot emphasise that enough. Look up artists like

Logic Bomb*
Cosma*** (beautiful, stunning music)
Psy Sex
Quirk*
Vibrasphere*
GMS
Alien Project
Astral Projection
Asterix*
Cosmosis
Tromesa
Skazi*

these are just a random selection of some of my faves... the ones with * next to them I personally like very much! Psy generally averages between 142 - 149 bpm, although some of the more full on stuff can get really fast.

And, the thing with psy is that there are soooo many other sub-sub genres within it - full-on, melodic, power morning, twisted, etc etc

Ok - I'm gonna try and stop talking about psytrance now

[ 04 November 2002, 15:31: Message edited by: flash fire ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
hehe, don't worry. I do know Astral Projection and a few of the others sound vaguely familar. Is Pystrance related to Goa Trance, if so, I can definitly see why you like it They don't make music like that anymore.

Oh, Masta Rava Breaka, a nice non-vocal hh track = Roll the Track. I can't find who produced it, don't have the listings anymore of the album it came off of, Frolic's Chapter 6. Great song

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Anyone remember Tokyo Ghetto Pussy?! Them were the days!

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes
Take you away to paradise
Make everybody see that I love you and you love me!"

LMAO! Its so damn sucky and I love it.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
queen of wands!!! I have that mp3!!! Back when Audiogalaxy was alive I did a search for "Happy Hardcore" and downloaded everything I could. I've weeded out my selection since than, but thats one song thats stayed around

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Gosh, i'm showing my age again, when i think "happy hardcore", the first band that comes to mind is the Toy Dolls... :laugh:
OOoohhhhh, Nellie the Elephant packed her trunk and decided to leave the circus, off she went with a trumpety trump, trump trump trump...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
Trance, hardcore.. whatever man.

I am into just about everything, I even like spinning to jungle if you can just imagine!! ha..

One of my favorite DJ's to spin to is Hernan Cattaneo. However, a specific song I enjoy is Sander Kleinenberg: My Lexicon

Starts slow, deep and grows pretty hard. It's definitely dark and melodic, but you can really get into a meditative state with it and let the beats move your poi!!!

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I am evil Homer, I am evil Homer is a class Gabba tune if your are into that sort of stuff..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Well if you want something fast to spin to get yourself some fierce rolling 180 bpm drum and bass!

But if it's hardcore classics you're after a few of the main anthems are -

Heart of Gold
Shooting Star
Pretty Green Eyes
Hold Me Now
Techno Wonderland

Basically, any compilations like Bonkers which have about 10 volumes dedicated to the development of happy hardcore, you should have as much as you want.

Personally though, I think happy hardcore is dance music with stabilisers on, very cheesy and simple music designed to entice children into dance music.

Obviously no offence meant though.

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Urban_Culturemember
89 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
chesse, chesse, chesse!!!!

im with flash fire on this one, psytrance/Goa is brilliant. Jungle and DnB are my fav though.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
As soon as I saw this thread I knew that Pyrophile would be on it someplace mentioning D&B

We went to a D&B night in Bridport the other night. That was muchly fun.

~~

Happy Hardcore - Ramp (The Logical Song) by Scooter is quite cool.
Don't have much else you'd like I think.

There's the Slipmat Remix of On A Ragga Tip by SL2.

Am I helping?

~~

Jello they do still make music like that. It's called Psy-trance.

check OS1, Pranksterz, Dynamic Intervention, Infected Mushroom, SUN Project et al

Meh

MeneeococoaGOLD Member
133 posts

Posted:
i have heard goa psy trance before (Infected mushroom) but it doesn't appeal too much. I really like it, but i think it's more of a trance and happy hardcore for me. I think i love pretty much all of techno though

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
*deliberately did not go see either Infected Mushroom or SUN Project when they came to Sydney*

Like I said before, there are so many sub genres within psy.... I don't love all of them!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by C@ntus:
[QB]As soon as I saw this thread I knew that Pyrophile would be on it someplace mentioning D&B
QUOTE]

Ha ha ha! I hate being that predictable!!!

Glad to hear you loved the drum and bass night, another soldier is recruited!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Was already a recruit dude. Just thought you might be interested in our recent jaunt.

We got a flyer for a D&B night in Plymouth on the 20th too. Looks really good. Some of the MCs from the other night will be there.

Meh

DTKBmember
54 posts

Posted:
If your talking D&B,

FabricLive every friday is WICKEEEED. Just wish they'd make some room for spinners!!!! HE HEEEE

DTKB

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away.

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
strapping young lad or nine inch nails LOL
oh wait you want happy can't help you there

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves