Page: ...
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Flame Boy: Read the entire thread... well actually no dont because that'd take to long. Basically we're trying to sort out the first ever Liverpool meet. By the looks of it it's going to be held at the pier head, near the ferry terminal. We might be all meeting at Lime Street Station first then all walking down together. I dont know yet. Will be sorted soon enough I think. Hope to see you there.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Flame boy let me be the first to welcome you to Liverpool, and 1st oct i think we're gonna meet at lime street station and walk over to the pier head like a dirty great travelling circus. I dunno exactly where they're talking about but it'll be easy enough to find i reckon.

Where are you living in town? 1st year uni?

radialgirlnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
Heys all.

Is this a private meet or can any1 turn up? Started spinning at Exeter Uni, now graduated n moved back home to Liverpool n wud luv to meet up with other peeps for general or fire playing.

Krazy House has an all niter on 1st Oct, but they alwasy let ppl put bags into the cloak room, so i'd guess that toys would be ok, just cover up any fire heads n make sure u tell the bouncers u know its going straight into the cloakroom.

Nat

Play with fire and you might get burnt- but if theres no risk, WHERES THE FUN??

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
The more the merrier, just turn up, its the first one we're having so get yourself there.

I think this could turn out quite a large meet *rubs hands together with glee*

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: radialgirl

Krazy House has an all niter on 1st Oct

wonder which clever sod got that date then....
wink

welcome radialgirl! come, its gonna be fun fun fun! biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Oh my god this is going to be messy... We needent go back to mine then! Or we could train back in the early am... Interesting development...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
are we actually doing the allnighter?

dont mean to sound old and all....

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yeah bubbles cant do an all nighter, she has a shepards pie in the oven she cant leave, and a cupbored full of wool she needs to get through before its someones birthday ubbrollsmile

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I don't think I'll be doing the all nighter. I need to get back to my lovely southport and get tucked up in my little bed.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
lol this all nighter sounds fun. dunno if i'll do it yet tho

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
id like to go out but i think an all nighter would be pushing it a bit, a full day of spinning then a night of drinking and dancing is good, but being out till the late early hours may be too much....

but thats just my opinion

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
i agree with you liquid_bubblegum. I'm 18 and should be out partying and drinking till i collapse but.. when I'm tired (after a day of spinning say) I like to go home and get into a nice warm bed and relax.

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Brit_Joe

Yeah bubbles cant do an all nighter, she has a shepards pie in the oven she cant leave, and a cupbored full of wool she needs to get through before its someones birthday ubbrollsmile

confused

for some reason i had an image of me being pregnant and putting wool in dreads... need a break

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

radialgirlnewbie
4 posts

Posted:
well..just coz its an all niter doesn mean people HAVE to stay all night - just that we know its open til 6am so for those hardcore or awake enuf to stay they can, those that are too tired or have sumwhere to go can leave when they want to.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I have until 11:45 (time of my last train)... after that and I'd have to pull an all nighter just to wait for my next train... lol.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Hmmm the all nighters tend to be a little shite and are always jammed, specially since it'll be the first since the students came back.
Still its the best place open on a sat night, and drinks are cheap(ish).

I'm getting excited now finally i get to meet some people!!!

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Woot...

Still working on my dad... Butter at the ready!

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
i wanna come play...supposed to be working though, will have to try and bribe some people!
B x

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Aryth could you post a clear plan of action including what time and where we're meeting and where we're going etc? Just so we know for sure what's going on. So we dont get any confussed hoppers turning up in random places in Liverpool

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Chickpea... use every excuse in the book.

You gotta come to the first Liverpool meet.

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Dunno why it comes down to me but ok....

*authorative voice*

We will be gathering en-mass at lime street station at 1400 on 1st Oct everyone will recognise us cause we'll be without tracksuits, curly hair and moustaches! (well tracksuits anyway)

From there we will be led by Funkbass to the most idyllic spinning ground which our great city has to offer.

We will then commence playing for several hours, in a most mature and sensible way ubblol

When everyone is suitably tired and/or all the parrafin has gone, we will go and drink vast quantities of alcohol, most likely in the K, although if its to early i suggest a drink in The Brook first (which is the little cafe above Quiggins).

After this we shall dance about in as lively a fashion as can be managed. followed by a swift exit from the K and a return home to be tucked up into bed.

For the more hardcore among us the K is an allnighter on Sat so you can continue the dancing although drinking stops at around 2.30 i think.

*end*

I think this is right from what i have pieced together, if anyone wants a different time then suggest it as i dunno about trains arriviving from places and such. Hopefully i'll be there at 2 but i move into college accom the following day but i'm trying to make it the Sat so could be late although that could mean sleeping space for people. biggrin

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
That sounds great to me. Can't wait.

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
If there's sleeping space in town, i suggest peeps go for that, as i live out in the sticks

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Written by: Aryth

everyone will recognise us cause we'll be without tracksuits, curly hair and moustaches!

Well i've got a beard (currently) and curly hair so does that mean i can still come?? confused Didn't realise we'd become facial-ist ubblol wink
This sounds like its gonna be ruddy good fun hug Will be there with out question ubbrollsmile Can't wait biggrin
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I'm allergic to the Brook... it makes my hair fall out
(I used to work there)

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

DizzyWaternewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Hello!

Is it ok for anyone to come along to this meet??

I think the Wirral Poi-ing collective should be down for this if that is ok.

But, we would like to let you know of an alternative to the all-nighter at the K!

UV is on at the Fort Perch Rock in New Brighton. The last one of the year so all jugglers, poi-ers, fire breathers are more than welcome!

Click here for some info!!

Outdoor venue (in the fort!) so fire is welcome!

Be prepared for a full fluoro psychedelic decor and lots of friendly fluffy folks wink

Dizzy ubbloco

ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
Dizzy, yeah anyone can come down.

Whats all this about the UV thing couldn't be bothered reading through all the forums but is it Celtic trance as in like fiddles and tin whistles over psy trance such as Celtica and other such groups if so i'll be there with bells on!!

Whats the craic with getting back to Liverpool from New Brighton taxi wise do you know??

DizzyWaternewbie
15 posts

Posted:
Psychedelic trance mate! smile

CLICK ME!

Taxi, not sure! But there are trains and buses...

If we are down for the meet we will deffo be going back over to UV so can give info to you

ubbloco
EDITED_BY: DizzyWater (1126861543)

Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
ACTUALLY that sounds like a plan...

When does it run? And it would be better for the peeps who are staying at mine, as its my side of the water and easy to get back...

Whens it usually run to? And bring every1 from the Wirral Poi Collective, as I have yet to meet you... I'm in Ellesmere Port, sucky sucky hell hole that it is...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im being an miserable old man and not pulling an all-nighter. I will be too tierd and it will be too much hastle doing it in a strange place ive never been before,! It took me till half past 12 in the afternoon to get back home from manchester, and with 3 hours sleep (well I say sleep, it was more like sitting on a 2 seater with my eyes closed :P) that wasnt fun...no no no no it wasnt.

Lord knows how long it would take me to get back from liverpool.

Page: ...