Page: ......
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
does it show? bounce bounce2 bounce bounce2 bounce2

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Hey Lowan... I was just wondering.. whats happenin with the trip to Falmouth.. i.e.. where and when are we meeting on the thursday. Oh and Danny couldnt afford it so Kyrie is going to take his place.. I hope you dont mind. You've met Kyrie before.

And another thing.. .I've got Tuesday, Friday and Sunday off.. free to spin those days... maybe thursday too.. not sure yet. So you guys wanna get another practice in before falmouth on one of those days.. just say.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

1,286 posts

Posted:
was just about to ask about times etc for fal. we need to get it sorted so i can tell the guys i'm giving a lift what time i'm gonna pick them up.
thurs or fri is good for a spin for me. i need to break these fire poi in befroe fal. and i finally learned backwards weave, so wanna try that with fire!

O.B.E.S.E.

scuba_soxMember
51 posts

Posted:
hey guys got one more exam tomoz and then i can go and play with fire. give us a bell when anyone is meeting up as i have to treck it to the uni libary to get online.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
WOW ubbloco A lots been happening while ive been away!!!

With Fal6, we're gonna meet at mine and convoy it down. I live on Smithdown - very easy to find, will post some specific instructions at some point during the week.

Are we driving down on Friday or do as we did last time which I think would be better (meet up thursday afternoon and drive down over night - fit in more spinning!!!)?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Flameboy is going to back on Friday so I think Sunday might be perfect for a little get together. As a matter of fact, the Manchester crowd is having a little get together this weekend. It costs next to nothing to drive down thats worth thinking about.

About Falmouth, I can pretty much go whenever really. I think it would be best if we travel down in the dead of night to avoid the traffic. Flameboy lives somewhere near Liverpool City Centre and he's offered it as a gathering point. I am going to pick up a friend from Manchester beforehand and then I will spin back into Liverpool to pick up Flamer and friend before heading over to Flameboy's place.

Flamer, what time is the last train to Liverpool from Southport?

Dance, I know you will be on the M6 to pick up the Preston guys. If you can't be bothered wasting a trip driving into Liverpool, we could meet up with you in a service station along the M6 before Stoke-on-Trent.

Anyone knows Dave from Birkenhead? The guy with the fire nun-chucks? He said he might consider coming and it would be awesome if we could have a third car along! biggrin
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1157386837)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

1,286 posts

Posted:
hey flameboy, we were thinking of going late wed night/early thurs morn if that's ok with you?

O.B.E.S.E.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
We need to think about are cooking equipments. Who's got what? I only have those rectangular mess kit with solid fuel burners and I think I will need to cook for three with that.

Another thing I need to point out is that we will have to pack light due to limited space. One rugsack and sleeping bags per person, tents and our burn toys are going take up a lot of room.
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1157447213)

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I have one of those meth burner / 3 pans and a kettle all in one bundle type stoves. Plus leftover fuel from the last falmouth. Should i bring that?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

1,286 posts

Posted:
i aint got any sort of stove, still considering living off tinned sweetcorn and beer!
i'm travelling as light as possible. one small rucksack, my tent (which is small), my toys (another small bag) and a camp chair (takes up a little bit of boot space in my car).

i take it its a trangia (or variant of) that you're talking about neon?

O.B.E.S.E.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon_Shaolin

I have one of those meth burner / 3 pans and a kettle all in one bundle type stoves. Plus leftover fuel from the last falmouth. Should i bring that?

Its up to you, I am just wondering how many people I would need to be cooking so I can get enough fuel etc.

1,286 posts

Posted:
are we planning to all go in together food wise? or is it a fend for yourself thingymajigger? who were you meant to be cooking for lowan?

O.B.E.S.E.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
The only stove ive got is a stupid family campin one which needs a big gas cannister so there's no point in that. I might just live off Jaffa Cakes for a few days... :P haha.

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I have two Hex burner stoves with mess tins I will be bringing along with me. Am willing to share them if people if someone saves me a tent pitch wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
OK then so everyone is taking care of themselves in terms of food? Cool. I might have to cook for my two friends but will probably be too wasted for that. There will be a supermarket within 10 mins drive from the campsite so, if possible, don't bring any food coz it will just take up more valuable space in the cars.

1,286 posts

Posted:
agreed...fend for yourselves people! alcohol only it is then!

O.B.E.S.E.

ClairebeSILVER Member
Destroyer of kitchen appliances
180 posts

Posted:
I've already left a note on the Falmouth thread but if there's anyone at all in the Liverpool area who can offer me a lift or someone to travel down with via bus or train, I'd be forever grateful and would buy them beer. :-)

I'm Clairebe btw - I'm from Aintree but disappeared off to Preston for three years but I'm moving back in about two weeks so I'm hoping to come along to the Liverpool meets, if there are any.

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
There is a meet in Manchester this weekend on sunday if you can make it accross.
As for traveling, I am trying to arrange a lift with Siege (CJ I believe her name is) Failing that I am getting coach/train from Manchester on the thursday night into friday morning.
You are more than welcome to join me, just PM me your contact details. I am pretty flexable with traveling.

Owner of Clarence_Quack

ClairebeSILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
That's brilliant - I've just spent the weekend at CJ's and she was telling about giving someone from Manchester a lift - I guess that's you. *waves hello*

Basically, she has a job interview tomorrow and if she gets it, she'll have to start on Monday so won't be able to get down until Friday night. We'd be able to get a lift back from her to Leceistershire probably, although I don't know if it'd be worth it because of ticket prices.

I'm also quite flexible with travelling - I can travel from either Preston, Manchester or Liverpool. If CJ gets the job am I ok to get the train down with you? If she doesn't, we could travel down to hers together for the lift seeing as I know where I'm going-ish.

My brain is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but unfortunately not as tasty.

Squueee!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
This is soo cool... You're coming either way girlie! Is Paul coming as well?

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

ClairebeSILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I don't think so because he's broke and won't take money from his parents. I'm trying to convince him though because I'm probably going to end up borrowing his tent - mine is evil and HATES me and is therefore impossible to put up without a billion people helping.

He won't let me pay for his train ticket though. I'm perfectly willing to.

Squueee!

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
Dave, I shall see that miss Be is at falmouth, can't promise what state she will arrive though tongue wink

Thats cool Clairebe, will discous details tomorrow with you biggrin

Owner of Clarence_Quack

ClairebeSILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I'm all excited now - I completely forgot it was next week until CJ reminded me. *does s little dance, fire of course!*

Squueee!

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Yay! It's funny to think I've known you before I became a HOPper and now finally going to a proper HOP meet together! hug

ClairebeSILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I know. I honestly thought I'd have a full-time job by now so I got it into my head that I wouldn't be able to go. It's only thanks to the DwP FINALLY sorting out my job seekers allowance that I can go - I've waited three months for some fecking money from them.

Wooo! D'ya reckon I've enough time to get a fire poi set before going?

Edited for crappage of spelling.
EDITED_BY: Clairebe (1157473204)

Squueee!

1,286 posts

Posted:
right...to take my mind off fal (for like 5 mins....its only a week away..woooooo!) are we having a burn this weekend? friday would be good for me, but i might go to the juggling club on thursday, so after that would be good too.

O.B.E.S.E.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Erm... I can do friday... dont know about thursday.. I'm meant to be working but someone might being doing my shift.. i'll have to find out today. We'll have to see what day other people can come too.

1,286 posts

Posted:
yay! i get to break in my fire poi! gale forse winds and torrential rain will not stop me this week!

O.B.E.S.E.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
hahaha... we'll spin even if its pissin it down!!! That's dedication!.. hahaha.

1,286 posts

Posted:
oh yeah! hardcore as fook!

O.B.E.S.E.

Page: ......